• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Times~ [26/08/18] Announcements

~ General Announcements ~

Become a Donor
Hey guys! As usual, we need donations to keep the server running, so please help out if you can!
https://www.mcmiddleearth.com/donate/community-costs.1/campaign

Our Donors
This week we did not have any donations :( and that is why we need a bigger push from all of us! If we want this server to live we must help out as best as we can!
#MCMEdoesnotrunitself

#NEWS

Breaking News! Survival at its finest!
Out there we will find the strongest player to survive the cold of the winter beyond The Wall! Wait… that is not the right reference… Ah! The games have begun! With two fighters from every district they will battle until the end with only one winner! Wait wait wait… still wrong type of survival… Oh I know! Our survival server is exploding with players and all sorts of adventures! Looting and raiding the enemies! Planning attacks and working on tactics! That is what it is all about! The games have begun as our annual survival server has attracted so many players that the main build server is dying of players! Wow excitement! Good luck to all of our survival players! And may the odds be ever in your favor!
(Hope y'all enjoy the occasional references, hunger games and game of thrones ~ Didi)

New Head Guide?!

That's right folks, if you have not heard we have a new head guide! Check out this post made by our newest Admin!
(NEW) Head Guide and Assistant

Due to this fresh meat (Yum!) we can expect changes in the server! (Hopefully only good ones…) Here are some of his new and interesting plans!

The Plan: is to hold Guides to a higher standard than they are already. I plan on instituting a system of monthly requirements to be fulfilled by current Guides. The requirements include:
- Displaying the capability to run and use current guide plugins/tools including: Races, Quizzes, Hide and Seek, Tours, and Guidebook.
- Setting a minimum tour requirement per month.
- Developing a monthly "Current Events" quiz for each of the Guides to take to help develop their knowledge of the server further.

Make sure to keep yourself posted on all sorts of new plans and changes made by our new head guide! Good luck partner!

~ Rank Updates ~
Report by Didi45

Arkengard: Breaking News! Our Assistant Ark has been promoted to be our new… You guessed it- Head Guide! We all wish Ark good luck with his new position! Make MCME great with new and fresh guide ideas! Say Howdy to our newest member of the Valar! Promotion

Raffyyy: I bet you are all asking after hearing about Ark’s promotion, “Who is the new guide assistant?!” Well good news folks! Raf here will be taking a new colour and a staff position! Congratulate our new assistant! Good luck with all the new work your position holds! Promotion

Mandolore100: After almost five years, we part with our Head Guide Mando (In a ceremonial tour of his favorite places on MCME). all good things must come to an end, sadly this time it was a strong hit, Mando decided to step down. We thank him for all the amazing work he has done in his time here, as a Guide, Enforcer and Head Guide. We bid him good luck onward! Do not be a stranger Mando! Resignation

Ivan1pl: Another hard hit for all of us. Our Designer and Developer Ivan decided to step down from his role after almost five years of hard work. However Ivan’s hard work will not be forgotten and we thank him for all of his work in both of his roles. We say good luck to Ivan onward! Do not be a stranger Ivan! Hope to see you around when Mordor starts! Resignation

~ Interviews ~

Now as it is custom we have two interviews; the “First Impressions Interview” and the “Meet the Regulars Interview”. I (LegoCellist) will be interviewing a new adventurer about their experience on MCME and this time I will also be interviewing our regular. Our regular in this edition is our beloved resident sheep - give a big hand for @Smaug_Niphredil!
Interview with @Smaug_Niphredil

How did you find MCME?
I have always been interested in Middle-earth so I simply did a search for "Minecraft Middle-earth" and there it was right at the top of the search.

What was your experience like as an Adventurer?
I remember that I was Adventurer for at least 6 months before I was properly promoted to artist. We didn't have Commoner when I joined. I used to play on Freebuild until it was shut down a month after joining, then I was able to help thomas building Fennas Drunin.

What made you want to become an Enforcer?
Being able to be "In charge". No, I wanted to be more of a part of the community since I was terrible at building.

LegoCellist: I completely understand that one...

What do you like most about being an Enforcer?
Being sneaky :D I like many things about being enforcer, yet I dislike things to such as sorting out annoying trolls. However, I don't have to do much now since there we have no regular trolling people anymore. Therefore, I have more time to do what I like to do the most as Enforcer, chill out with everybody online.

Raffy: Do you mean, throwing annoying trolls out, like all enforcers should.

Where is your favourite place on MCME?
I have several places that I like. My favourite city is Pelargir and another place that I like is Caras Galadhon, the Glittering Caves, Fornost, there is just too many places to name!

Who is your favourite character in LOTR or the Hobbit?
There is just so many characters to choose from, but if I had to choose anyone it would be Turin Turambar. Turin's story is my favourite of almost all the stories in the Silmarillion. Other characters that I could've also chosen as my favourite character are Earendil, Aragorn, and Luthien.

LegoCellist: Hmm, maybe we should change the question to ‘favourite character in Tolkien's entire legendarium’.

As a conclusion to this interview I was asked to share this image:
3DUJ8iqvrGyLkTrDX7gk4LHXIHlOvgnL6ZIvMS-s_U7qlgAH2pCxN5i6PuNojM5LO275SrHDtDoeS-B-6XFkpPMbga0lRpurE36kPyu0p_RvnQ4XVUEkMqZNebtHFUjzZ5NaL5Rg

First Impressions Interview
Here I am interviewing a new player that has already made himself somewhat known for some fantastic screenshots with great shaders work. Introducing @walka_walka1.

Question 1. How did you find MCME?
A friend introduced me to it.

LegoCellist: He was referring to me there...

Question 2: What were your impressions of the community on the server when you first joined?
I thought that it was quite welcoming and was a really tight-knit community, I am looking forward to spending more time on the server.

Question 3: What was your impression of our finished projects; Minas Tirith and the Shire?
I was really impressed with Minas Tirith, I liked what I saw of the Shire, but didn’t spend much time there.

Question 4: What was your impression of our current projects such as Dol Amroth and Moria?
Moria was amazingly large, I was extremely impressed. I haven’t actually visited Dol Amroth yet.

Question 5: What is your favourite location on the server so far?
Probably Lothlorien. It is such beautiful place to take screenshots at, it is hard to go wrong there.

Thank you again @walka_walka1

~ Winners of “The Week” ~

So we got some good ones as always. Make sure you show some special recognition towards the winners of the week! They’ve presented exemplary displays of our server’s creative potential! Give a hand to these winners!

MEDIA OF THE WEEK:
What media is in store for us today? Well, certainly, in the finest range would be this cracking shot by @Jonatankanelle. A very impressive shot of Pelargir! I like the sun coming through the sails, it looks very… sunny. Sadly there are no goats in the picture. Oh well. Well done anyway @Jonatankanelle !

LPC16PfT1W_i0Q6SIIiZ1pAwf_d2ClmMHoD8h845CP8zqsni8VE27nCFUvgwGhGIoPjoifILAXc9NpkonNyB01N1ejruZw9LFRxzx_j7yyhYDrKGTfRMiJPTduCvXRVO4L4KUxQW

THEME-BUILD OF THE WEEK:
For this week we have two themebuilds as per usual. One for the project build Carn Dûm and one for the concept build Cerin Amroth interiors.

The first winner, with Carn Dûm, is… @Roel2005, this one was a quite hard choice but I (Jonatanknalle) like all the nice details and you can really see that a lot of time and effort went into this build, congrats @Roel2005 you did an amazing job.

fLQNxJY8l1JCfRL_d3WaclmalCQR7cOVwwpbRfy2MIUey1gFoWwIT_xXEDLpLyP675ML2gz2p1bcGw2-GfFXik9NbD5XJQgheuOvDkyGsamRSvGyepZr5BFtqc6N-9XQwqZBc-he

And our second winner for this week, with Cerin Amroth Interiors, goes to… @Slowlex, he really managed to give some life to this build, great job @Slowlex.

uxI7kZ3WCrL0ZSB8X6kmzZ9y9pnKO2vRrLtygdw6NUnMr3eVA5DQlVDVy7GROj3g0_mpu3gjTLrE9z2zLENpvRwz4nKiPmyNT1Ig0i5oBCoq2RqIToSSQamRWwqKmKwqBsHF4Paa

FREEBUILD OF THE WEEK:
By Raffy

This week, we have some fun for you all. The honor goes to @Smaug_Nimphredil who made a very clever build. If you find it funny, I think you need to go to a doctor. Good job @Smaug_Nimphredil !

2OFM9B_Ls_I1NKD18tBjKEkasbRRM8vdvcgPBmzMcnS6cem2oYMT6W5gz4h80MWAWWbO-PYE9fe0PAgbI66QVK_jSewFZHDWadYLA-Otudb7ykaZjJ8HRehqGQSu3DQPSa_U9vkz

~ Upcoming ~
Themed Build
Theme: [FFA] Ships
Resource Pack: Any
Duration: One week
Link: n/a

~ Lore of the Week ~
The Elessar
There was an elven gem smith in Gondolin named Enerdhil second in skill only to Feanor himself. He loved all green, growing plants and the Sunlight shining through green leaves. So he made a gem of astonishing green colour. It was called the Elessar which simply means elf-stone. The hands of the bearer of this stone were able to heal wound by just touching them. He gave the stone to Idril, the daughter of King Turgon and thus the stone was rescued from the Fall of Gondolin. Idril brought it to the Havens of Sirion. Before she sailed into the west she gave the stone to her son Earendil and for a while the Havens of Sirion became a green and many refugees were healed. But Earendil went into the west too and took the Elessar with him.

Later again a gem called Elessar appeared and there are two stories about it. In the first story Gandalf brought the Elessar of Earendil back to Middle-earth. He handed it to Galadriel and said it comes from Yavanna. He also predicted that someone will come to receive the Elessar and will also take the name Elessar for his own.
In the other story Galadriel lamented the withering of all plants in Middle-earth and thus Celebrimbor (who was friend of Enerdhil in Gondolin in this story) made a new Elessar even more clear green than the first one but of lesser power.

When Galadriel later received Nenya, the first of the Three Elven Rings, she no longer needed the Elessar and gave it to her daughter Celebrían. From Celebrían it came to her daughter Arwen. But later when the Fellowship of the Ring parted from Lothlorien Galadriel gave the the Elessar to Aragorn. As Galadriel was in place of Arwen’s mother this gift was in part a bridal gift according to the customs of the elves.

~ More Media ~
Howdy folks, just want to let you guys know that we do have multiple platforms that represent MCME. One of those being Twitter! If you have an account, make sure to follow MinecraftMiddleEarth (@MCMiddleEarth) | Twitter for some additional content revolving around the community!

For those of you without Twitter, fear not!!! We are also represented on Facebook! Like us here: https://www.facebook.com/mcmeproject/

Now, make sure you give us a diamond on Planet Minecraft! The more popular this thing is, the more help we receive :) Minecraft Middle Earth Minecraft Server

~ Advertisements ~
Artist
Building is one of the fundamental parts of Minecraft Middle Earth, and it is done by the amazing Artists on the server. Many times we are asked how can I build and we have an answer for you: Become an Artist! Working on all the new projects with Designers and Foremen while furthering your building skills in this community is something all Artists get to take part in!
Does this sound like something that you would like to do? You can apply for Artist/ today on the forums! The Designers and current Artists will work with you and help you on your journey.

Guide
You’ve joined MCME but you really couldn’t care less about building? But how can one do something different on a build server? Become a Guide! There are many things other than building that help the server and one of those things is guiding people:
As a guide, you are the face of MCME! Without the rank of guide, we don’t attract nearly as many new players and those responsibilities are shifted onto busier shoulders. We are here to keep people interested and make MCME as fun as possible without distracting the focus of the server. Think that sounds like something you would want to do?
Just click Guide and apply today!

~ Closing Statement ~
Great work everyone in starting the engine of progress back on MCME!

For the slaves of the school textbook… I feel you, it will take some time to get everything running again, so give us a break :D

Thank you for all the hard work from the Times Team, and will see you all in two weeks!

Here is the inspiring quote from good JRRT:

“Darkness must pass
A new day will come
And when the sun shines
It will shine our clearer”

-cV6GOCGzdKMG2lTwpw6b-eRfM7qel9u-Jv1uiEcN5mH2GwYlt89EwU0hlg20DFDj3LBGqP79VkhHdEdtV5SvyOjibCxpYACLkoRoVbBzldIPm-3TtJQu99vwxpxcqb4alJ2h6hZ

The Official MCME Times
mcmiddleearth.com​