• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Times~ #26/16 - Fennas Drúnin is finished!

qzremzy-png.5157
Opening statement

Huh? Only four Times editions and the new editors are already burnt out of doing it again? Pff, Designers...
Well, of course, luckily, this is not what did refrain Fire and DSE from writing you another edition, but everyone has a busy weekend once in a while right?

As a special for today I'm gonna present you the MCME Builder School who is in the making since a few months now under the lead of former MCME staff @Will_em, Designer @_Luk and our new Guide @NicTheFifth. Read on to find out more about this place!
Whats Up?

Project Progress

Andrast (In Progress) - Lead: @jacenpeter

While in the far north of Andrast @jacenpeter is throwing sand about in huge quantities, @Wroxxite has picked up his work on the southern tip of the area.
Anfalas (In Progress) - Lead: @kisos

With @kisos having returned from his holidays, sand is piling up high again in Anfalas and terrain is being produced in amazing speed once more!

All terrain is done just gotta finish up trees and rivers, aswell as a few last touches on farms.
- kisos
Belfalas (In Progress) - Lead: @Thijs1801

In the north of Belfalas, a majestic castle was brought into existance by the hands of @BeatHeav3N!
Misty Mountains (In Progress) - Lead: @Finrod_Amandil

This video shows the major part of the work that has been completed this week. Thanks a ton to everyone who helped building MCME's biggest glacier (so far)!

Tolfalas (In Progress) - Lead: @Tyranystrasz

@Tyranystrasz is continueing on voxelling out the small imperfections of Worldmachine, smoothing the terrain a bit and chipping in some more materials.
Valleys of Celos and Sirith (In Progress) - Lead: @Fireinferno13

Progress is inching along the Celos river! I have been working on terraforming a few mountains as well as beautifying the terrain. Almost ready to add the village (pm me if you are interested)
- Fireinferno13
[Public Project] Fennas Drúnin (FINISHED!) - Lead: @thomasd16

The list of things to do in Fennas seemed to be getting bigger than smaller and I felt like Fennas would take another week. The last 3 farms needed finishing, another forest needed detailing, the keep was still not done and there was a massive road that wasn't even started. However with the help of a ton of artists I was able to do it all and im happy to announce that Fennas is done. Thanks for all the help over the months to whoever has helped me build the town and surrounding areas. Thank you to the lads who did the farms they look great and special thanks to my build team and the ones who stuck with me to the end.
- thomasd16

Plugin Development
Animation Plugin (In Progress) - Dev: @Ivan1pl

No changes this week.
Plotbuild Plugin (Testing in progress) - Devs: @Eriol_Eandur & @Ivan1pl

@Ivan1pl has added the changes we elaborated on in the previous testing session, and has now uploaded the plugin to the devserver for a last test which we can hopefully soon conduct and put the label "MCME approved AAA quality" onto it!
New New Player World (Testing in progress) - Dev: @Eriol_Eandur, Assistance: @_Luk

Minigames Plugin (Ready for implementation) - Dev: @Eriol_Eandur

MCME-Architect (Ready for implementation) - Dev: @Eriol_Eandur
Rank Updates

Congratulations to @gestgeorg123 on achieving the Artist rank!​

Media of the week
@Tyranystrasz is taking his WorldMachine skills to the next level, guess what these might be concepts for...

MCME Builder School

The MCME Builder School is a large collection of lessons about all kinds of aspects of building in Minecraft. It serves to teach both the newer and older MCME members whatever you might need to know when it comes to building. Are you an Adventurer and aiming for Artist? The Builder School will provide you with a lot tips and tricks with which you can massively improve your Themed Builds! Are you already an Artist or even a Designer? Check out the higher classes of the Builder School, there surely is something you missed and did not know yet!

The Builder School is located on plotworld (/mvtp plotworld) at /warp Builder School.

The Builder School is divided into three levels according to how advanced the topics are. More lessons are currently being added, but you can already check out the many lessons that there already are!
Upcoming

Themed Build

Theme: Balrog
Resource Pack: Moria
Thread: #20/16 - Balrog
Scheduled Events
Jobs & Plotbuilds

Jobs for next Saturday will be announced in this thread over the course of the week. Be sure to ask Designers for jobs at any time, maybe they can offer something!
Community Outreach
Tours by @NicTheFifth

Nic is very often leading tours covering any area of your liking! Watch out for scheduled tours in his thread (Planned tours!) or ask him or any other guide ingame directly if you want to have a tour around the server!

Closing statement
PWlQAtX.jpg

. .

Like our Planetminecraft page daily to help promoting MCME!​

Last edited:
Small note on the builder school:
This isn't finished and is being updated. I got a lot of work on my plate, so it might take a while.
I'll add the link for the forum post if you got more questions.
Builderschool

Plus, finrod, that timelapse, why not put it on the facebook page? Or our youtube? It might not be that impressive but it's pretty neat.
Also think that tyranystrasz is making his own Middle-earth map with those mountains. TRAITOR! ;-)
I mean it can't possibly be mordor, that would be crazy, I mean, it has been 5 years, it cannot be mordor, we need to revamp this and that, and what about blablablabla.....

The video is part of a much longer timelapse video im working on, featuring the creation of the entire valley from the very start to the very end, so this is only a quick sneak peak ;)

Fennas is almost finished. In the farms I found a couple of voxel derps (candles and tables) which I marked with the yellow wool.