• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Times~ #27/15

qZRemZY.png

Opening Statement

This week's Times offers once more insight into a lot of new things on the server, but some of them were so admirable that I once more got inspired to take quite a lot of those fancy (and arduous) far-render shots. I hope you enjoy them just as much as I do, and to all who have been working on all these projects: Please do not forget to look back at what you built, and do not forget to be very proud of yourself.​

Project Progress

Andrast (In Progress) - Lead: @Tyranystrasz
With Annúminas being done aswell as the Summer Events being over, @jacenpeter has now joined the staff team of Andrast. Together they made some very remarkable progress this week, including large chunks of terrain both on the eastern and the western side of the White Mountains. Furthermore more progress on the structures has been made including Ras Morthil, a village nearby, and a new fortress that has been named Golf Rovlug, "Dragons perch" (literally "branch of the winged dragon").​

Anfalas (In Progress) - Lead: @otho

The river down from the Pinnath Gelin has been refined a bit more: The biomes have been adjusted; as the default biome given by WorldPainter is the river biome, which however darkens the grass along the river way more than would be realistic.
Lamedon (In Progress) - Lead: @_Luk
@Fireinferno13 has turned the angle between the rivers Ringló and Ciril into undoubtedly one of the most detailed and beautiful regions of the map.
Assumingly @_Luk has been working like a beast on Lamedon's terrain this week: The entire northern half of Lamedon has been terraformed, that is an inrcedibly massive area! Additionally some more progress on Rendûl that could be observed.
Lond Daer (In Progress) - Lead: @Mandos
A big city needs big buildings, and that is indeed the case in Lond Daer Enedh, the "great middle haven". Specially noteable is that @mattlego has created a lot of stained glass textures for Lond Daer and probably also other future locations. Check them out in action in the image gallery below!
Lothlórien Vegetation (In Progress) - Lead: @Eriol_Eandur
It is incredible how fast the progress map of Lothlórien (see above) turned green under the lead of Eriol. Only two more sections to go, section #3 being the next. The trees there are being pasted in at the moment.
Misty Mountains (In Progress) - Lead: @Emilio_ & @Finrod_Amandil
The terraforming around the High Moors is mostly done now, however materials are still missing and I want to finish that before the High Moors job start. Just now I am preparing the 3 glaciers in this area that very soon will be built through jobs!
Moria (In Progress) - Lead: @Despot666 & @Finrod_Amandil
FINALLY! You can at last participate in the construction of Moria! We kicked off this long phase of construction with right away two contests, both for the iconic 2nd hall where we're looking for the best design of the special tree-shaped pillars aswell as a majestic wall design! Be sure to read >>this thread<< if you want to participate!
Despot is still working in the resource pack and has just released the Beta 2 version. Check it out with Minecraft 1.8, there are many really innovative blocks in there!
Pelargir (In Progress) - Lead: @Credoo & @kisos
The current task in Pelargir is to give all the spaces in between the houses, namely the roads, some love and details that make the city look more lively. Mainly Artists but also Adventurers are invited to help out with this, more info can be found >>here<<.

Public Projects:

Freca's Fortress (In Progress) - Lead: @Brazen_Helm
- no progress this week -
Mt. Gram (In Progress) - Lead: @_Thijs1801 - Reporter: @Nic1337
Last friday, I decided that I will redo Gram on the inside, as I didn't like the style. Finrod cleaned out the caves and we started working with a new style :D The main gate is currently under construction (from the inside), I hope we can soon start with the first cave of Gram!
- _Thijs1801

Additionally I finally finished the terrain around Mount Gram and therefore removed one of the many sand deserts from the server map. I have to highlight that Thijs' decision was a very bold move which however was by no means was taken hastily or onjudiciously.
- Finrod

Current Plotworld Jobs and Projects:
For an always up-to-date overview, please refer to >>this<< thread.

Status Updates

- none this week. -

Media of the Week

A sneak peak video taken using the new Cinematic server!

Themed Build

PROJECT BUILD 3 weeks - 1 week left
Harlond (elven haven in Lindon)

July 5th until july 26th.
>>Themed Build thread<<

IMPORTANT:
There is currently a bug on the Freebuild server that assigns players wrong plots (those of the last Themed Build)
This will be fixed with the next Themed Build, until then: All who get a wrong plot can use this plot to either build Harlond OR the Seat of Seeing (Amon Hen), which was the last Themed Build.

Community Outreach

Updates
@q220 has lately been updating a lot of things, starting with Resource Packs, the Freebuild server to new additions and functions to the forums. Check out his threads in the Dev Blogs Forums to stay updated on all the changes!

Screenshots for Facebook

@Tyranystrasz now has access to the MCME Facebook page and will start to regularily upload stuff there. For that he needs of course the very best of MCME and for that he needs YOUR help! If you have a really awesome screenshot to share, submit it >>here<<!
Scheduled Tours
If you look out for a tour and never manage to catch a guide to give you one, join us on Saturday at 9pm GMT to follow the weekly tour run by all available guides. Now you can even vote which tour you'd like to see happen, simply add your choice in >>this poll<<!​
~14jn5so.png ~~24q79y0.png ~~21ecgh1.png ~
13974_2.gif
Don’t forget to like our Planetminecraft page daily! Click the picture above!

Closing Statement

“I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book”
- J.K. Rowling

Last edited:
Fin how do u get texture packs on dynmap or is that a whole nother program on its own?