• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Times~ #32/15 - Pelargir & Lothlórien finished!

qZRemZY.png

Opening Statement

For quite some weeks we did not have any newly completed projects anymore, but this week we can announce right away two of them! And even better they are probable the biggest projects of 2k15 so far! So quickly read on and enjoy the project leaders' last statements about their fantastic work!

Project Progress

Andrast (In Progress) - Lead: @Tyranystrasz
@jacenpeter continued his large-scale terraforming project that is the White Mountains, this week featuring one of MCME's biggest glaciers, along with a lot of additional terrain work.
Lamedon (In Progress) - Lead: @_Luk
Still a lot of hands are being layed upon this region and a lot of progress is to be observed therefore. We have two new villages with yet no names, one in the North and one in the South of Lamedon. Additionally entire south-eastern Lamedon is now completed in regards of terraforming, also some progress on terrain in Central Lamedon could be observed.
Lond Daer (In Progress) - Lead: @Mandos
- no progress this week -
Lothlórien Vegetation (Finished) - Lead: @Eriol_Eandur
It's been 8 months since we made the first concepts for the Lothlórien Vegetation project. Now it is finally done. Come to beautiful Lothlórien and enjoy all the new trees bushes and flowers. When you roam in Lothlórien you may find some of the new small stream flowing down from the Misty Mountains.
Many people helped since then with the tree plotbuild, the tree pasting, the ground vegetation jobs and the new small stream. Thanks to all to all of them. There are some people I want to say special thanks:
First @yourie98 who started the project and did a lot of work in the early stage of the project. He made the project application, organised the working sections and the tree plotbuild.
Second @Emilio_ who spent many hours with pasting trees and running ground vegetation jobs.
And last but not least @Ryiw who spend even more time in Lothlórien than me. He produced tons of beautiful bushes at incedible speed, made almost all new streams and helped with so many details. Huge thank-you.
- Eriol_Eandur
Misty Mountains (In Progress) - Lead: @Emilio_ & @Finrod_Amandil
@Emilio_ has started the work on the new Hollin Ridge. The completion of it will then both chronologically and geographically conclude the realm of Eregion, whose terrain Emil has been intensily working on in the past months.

@Demonataz has spoken up to take part in the Misty Mountains project and has started by continuing a section I have previously started. In just one day he made amazing progress already, his work will definitely boost the progress remarkably.

I myself have just opened a first job to build the 3 glaciers that I had prepared for that a long time before already, beside tha however I have been away the last week to attribute enough time to my exams.
Moria (In Progress) - Lead: @Despot666 & @Finrod_Amandil
Have you already checked the new 2nd hall? No? Well, what are you waiting for then?! Oh, but before you go, grab the Resource Pack you'll need from >>here<< in case you havent got that yet.
This week not much notable progress can be named, but in the coming weeks I will have holidays and therefore a lot of time I will put into it!
Pelargir (Finished) - Lead: @Credoo & @kisos
5 months ago Wodleth and I started planning Pelargir. We chose to go a different route then was expected by some which led to some raging discussions on the forums. But we stuck to our plan and I'm pleased to say that I am happy with the result.
I would like to thank everyone who helped out during this project. Its been a wild ride we had a contest many many jobs some great houses and ships from plotworld.
I'd like to give special thanks to all the wonderful artists who have assisted me in this project as well as the many adventurers during those jobs and plotbuilds! @Will_em for leading all those jobs in the first district. @DSESGH for making those concept interiors and tons of plots.@Thatruben for that wonderful theatre (I will send you those cookies I promised!), @wodleth my partner in crime and last but not least @kisos for helping me overcome those final hurdles to bring this project home. My thanks is great.
The end of this project will be start of something new. A new chapter for MCME is on the horizon the doors are gone but there are many more doors to come.
Public Projects:
Mt. Gram (In Progress) - Lead: @_Thijs1801 - Reporter: @Nic1337
The Chieftains fortress is almost complete and I've started working on the Warg pens, which imo look awesome already, with just some breed spots and camps to go that cavern too can be finished. After that just 1 final house cave and then the Military area.
-_Thijs1801

Current Plotworld Jobs and Projects:

Currently no activities in the plotworld are available.

For an always up-to-date overview, please refer to >>this<< thread.

Status Updates

-

Media of the Week

The fish has struck again! For the completion of Pelargir Credoo took a series of really moody night shots of that city; find all of them >>here<<!
CUHL1kI.png

Themed
Build

HELMS DEEP
Project Build 3 weeks of which 2 weeks left on 164 x 164 block plots made by @Mandos!
>>TB Thread<<

Community Outreach

Screenshots for Facebook

@Tyranystrasz now has access to the MCME Facebook page and will start to regularily upload stuff there. For that he needs of course the very best of MCME and for that he needs YOUR help! If you have a really awesome screenshot to share, submit it >>here<<!
Scheduled Tours
If you look out for a tour and never manage to catch a guide to give you one, join us on Saturday at 9pm GMT to follow the weekly tour run by all available guides. Now you can even vote which tour you'd like to see happen, simply add your choice in >>this poll<<!​
~14jn5so.png ~~24q79y0.png ~~21ecgh1.png ~
13974_2.gif
Don’t forget to like our Planetminecraft page daily! Click the picture above!

Closing Statement

Sometimes I have to judge other's builds or terrain work, and sometimes theres some critique that I have to speak out, even though I know the builder is not at all interested in hearing about anything that's not good yet. This quote is matching that situation really well...
“The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off.”
- Gloria Steinem

Last edited: