• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Times~ #33/16

qzremzy-png.5157

Opening Statement

Why do we have to deal with DSE writing the Times again, you ask? Very well, I'll tell you: @Fireinferno13 is on a vacation right now. Lucky for you though, @Finrod_Amandil will be able to start writing the Times again on September 4!​

What's Up?

Sorry for the lack of shaders - my computer still hates them:( (Working on it though)

Andrast
KZE5KHN.jpg

Andrast
L78ETUV.jpg

Belfalas
XYZIeLf.jpg

Lamedon
rPimYZe.jpg

Misty Mountains
FEyfnhI.jpg

Tolfalas
n2lgGE2.jpg

Project Progress

Andrast (In Progress) - Lead: @jacenpeter

So I built another beaver dam and house in southern andrast and hand built like 100 bushes in that area (I think sam helped me, I can't really remember), then i worked on some of the stone work around that area and that's about it. Also this monday I start school again, but looking at my schedule I actually might end up on mc more than I was before simply because i have like 6 hours between classes and the classes I am taking probably won't have as much homework.

-jacenpeter

Belfalas (In Progress) - Lead: @Thijs1801

A little bit of progress on terrain, by Darki, since his partner in crime Eriol is on vacation still. Mandos is working on his fortress above Lostfalls and I have started a contest for the decorating of the Lenthir Mistad and it's ruins. Check this post for details: Contest - The Ruins of the Lenthir Mistad.

-Thijs1801
Lamedon (In Progress) - Lead: @_Luk

Luk is in France for 2 weeks, so no progress on this one.
Misty Mountains (In Progress) - Lead: @Finrod_Amandil

Working like crazy, but unfortunately not on the Misties... But I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel - soon I'm through with those darn exams.

-Finrod_Amandil
Tolfalas (In Progress) - Lead: @Tyranystrasz

No progress this week.
Plugin Development
Animation Plugin (In Progress) - Dev: @Ivan1pl

Like Luk, Ivan is on vacation, so there was no progress this week.​

Plotbuild Plugin (Ready to Implement) - Devs: @Eriol_Eandur & @Ivan1pl

New New Player World (Ready to Implement) - Dev: @Eriol_Eandur, Assistance: @_Luk

MCME-Architect and Minigames (Ready to Implement) - Dev: @Eriol_Eandur

Resource Packs
Mordor Pack (On Hold) - Lead: @bender400

Much to the delight of @Fireinferno13, Bender has agreed to add thatch to the Mordor pack.
Onions (In Progress) - Creator: @Fireinferno13

No progress this week.
Mobs (In Progress) - Creator: @Fireinferno13

No progress this week (Fire must be busy again).
Rank Updates

No new rank updates.
Media of the Week

@Czokapik posted more screenshots this week! Here's my favorite:

mlswlc1-png.6878

Upcoming

Themed Build
Despite my persistent vote for Mindon Eldaliéva (that was the theme of my first TB), it looks like the next themed build will be the Mathom-house!

Scheduled Events
Jobs & Plotbuilds

Scheduled Saturday Jobs seem to be suffering a bit from @Finrod_Amandil's extra time spent studying. But, if there are to be any jobs on Saturday, they will be announced in this thread. Be sure to ask Designers for jobs at any time, maybe they can offer something!
End of the Summer Survival

Finrod has announced his concept for an exciting way to end survival! It looks like the event is probably going to be on September 3rd at 20:00 BST, so you'll have enough time to gather your supplies. You can read about it more in the post: http://www.mcmiddleearth.com/threads/summer-survival-guide.3407/#post-39123
Community Outreach

Builder School (In Progress)

Several players have gotten together to rebuild and update @Will_em 's famous Builder School, which sought to teach new players how to build in the distinctive "MCME Style." We are all looking forward to how this will turn out!​

Facebook Page

@Fireinferno13 would like to know what YOU want to see on the MCME Facebook page. He would greatly appreciate if you would leave your feedback here or in THIS thread.​

Closing Statement

Just a funny one:D No connection to anything this time:
lyrics.png

. .

Last edited:
He did resign but he was touring players before getting Guide, so perhaps he'll continue?