• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Times~ #34/16

qzremzy-png.5157

Opening Statement

Seems to have been a fairly quiet week again in terms of progress, I guess because survival is still running. That means progress should again pick up again next week!

In other news, this is my last Times for the time being (pun intended), as Finrod is finishing up his exams now.​

What's Up?

Seems media is still broken
Andrast
FNb16JO.jpg

Andrast (from jacenpeter)
GXMF20e.png

Belfalas
uvH1Eu2.jpg

Lamedon
x4qrLTm.jpg

Misty Mountains
1ihgOvZ.jpg

Tolfalas
0z1XwBY.jpg

Project Progress

Andrast (In Progress) - Lead: @jacenpeter

Jacen's section of South Andrast is done, except for vegetation, then he will either do vegetation or start working on North Andrast. Wroxxite has made some changes to Ras Morthil, but there hasn't been a lot of significant progress yet.​

Belfalas (In Progress) - Lead: @Thijs1801

Very nice terrain progress. We manged to connect the terrain of Lostfalls to Dol Amroth and Goldarce. Not much terrain by me though, @Darki is voxelling as crazy.

-Eriol_Eandur
Lamedon (In Progress) - Lead: @_Luk

No progress this week.
Misty Mountains (In Progress) - Lead: @Finrod_Amandil

Also no progress.
Tolfalas (In Progress) - Lead: @Tyranystrasz

Some new stuff in the town.

-Tyranystrasz
Plugin Development
Animation Plugin (In Progress) - Dev: @Ivan1pl

No progress this week.​

Plotbuild Plugin (Ready to Implement) - Devs: @Eriol_Eandur & @Ivan1pl

New New Player World (Ready to Implement) - Dev: @Eriol_Eandur, Assistance: @_Luk

MCME-Architect and Minigames (Ready to Implement) - Dev: @Eriol_Eandur

Resource Packs
Mordor Pack (On Hold) - Lead: @bender400

Much to the delight of @Fireinferno13, Bender has agreed to add thatch to the Mordor pack.
Onions (On Hold) - Creator: @Fireinferno13

Fire tells me both of his texture projects are on hold, as he's on a vacation right now.
Mobs (On Hold) - Creator: @Fireinferno13

See above :rolleyes:
Ma5's Textures (In Progress) - Creator: @Ma5terMinD

Apparently Ma5 had some nice textures just lying around, so those are in the process of being added to the resource packs.
Rank Updates

Kulmo resigned from his Enforcer rank:(
Media of the Week

It was technically not this week, but @PINT00 drew a very nice picture of Bilbo Baggins, which is worth Times-ing:

hpnj8un-jpg.6899

Upcoming

Themed Build
I again voted for Mindon Eldaliéva and it again lost:( Looks like the next Themed Build will be Grimslade!

Scheduled Events

Jobs & Plotbuilds

Scheduled Saturday Jobs seem to be suffering a bit from @Finrod_Amandil's extra time spent studying. But, if there are to be any jobs on Saturday, they will be announced in this thread. Be sure to ask Designers for jobs at any time, maybe they can offer something!
End of the Summer Survival

The end of the Summer Survival is drawing ever closer, on September 3rd! Looks like Finrod has an awesome battle planned (so we can end the survival story with "and then everyone died"), on September 3rd at 20:00 BST! If you haven't heard about it yet, have a look at this post: Summer Survival Guide
Community Outreach

Builder School (In Progress)

Several players have gotten together to rebuild and update @Will_em 's famous Builder School, which sought to teach new players how to build in the distinctive "MCME Style." We are all looking forward to how this will turn out!​

Facebook Page

@Fireinferno13 would like to know what YOU want to see on the MCME Facebook page. He would greatly appreciate if you would leave your feedback here or in THIS thread.​

Closing Statement

Well, since this is hopefully my last Times, I'll go out with a bang:D
new.png

Side note: apparently this is actually a pun, but I totally missed it (1401: New - explain xkcd)

. .

Last edited:
I haven't been here long enough to get to know Kulmo but i know how sad it is when long time members or well respected members have to step down. Maybe we will se you in orange again sometime? *Salute*.