• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Times~ #36/15

qZRemZY.png

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Opening Statement
Good morning, MCME! We have here another installment of the new and exciting Times for you all to read. I didn’t have anything profound to say (not necessarily a bad thing, eh?), so have a fantastic week, and start that off by getting up to speed on your favorite online community!
-Ardelenia​

Announcements
The server is on 1.8! This actually happened two weeks ago, but in the wake of the freebuild closure we forgot to report about it last week. You can see all around Gondor that people have quickly seized upon this, with banners and armor stands sprouting up everywhere. If you find any issues, please post them in >>the Issue Submission subforum<<.​

Project Progress

I had to take pictures myself, so I apologize for the lack of shaders and general artisticness.

Andrast (In Progress) - Lead: @Tyranystrasz
Artists worked on Ras Morthil. Jacen and myself are voxelling terrain.
- @Tyranystrasz

Anfalas (In Progress) - Lead: @otho
Mostly just terraforming this week.​

Lamedon (In Progress) - Lead: @_Luk
The upper Morthond Vale is finished; I'm working now on the terrain and farms south of it.
- @Eriol_Eandur

Rendul has been almost finished, some farmwork going on all around, same goes for villages. I'm going to do some more terrain stuff to fix the way too big mountains right next to Calembel.
- @_Luk

Lond Daer (In Progress) - Lead: @Mandos
We are going through some changes and experimenting with ruining ideas.
- Mandos

Such ambiguity...​

Misty Mountains (In Progress) - Lead: @Emilio_ & @Finrod_Amandil
Eriol did some more mountains. Emil also worked on the Hollin Ridge.​

Moria (In Progress) - Lead: @Despot666 & @Finrod_Amandil
No major progress?​

Public Projects:
Mt. Gram (In Progress) - Lead: @Thijs1801
No major progress.

Would you like to help with the Times too? Volunteer to be a project reporter! Contact one of the Times writers for details. (@Ardelenia, @DarthRagnar, @ooitsbirdo, or @Speeder45)​

Current Plotworld Jobs and Projects:
Currently no activities in the plotworld are available.

For an always up-to-date overview, please refer to >>this<< thread.

Rank Updates
Congratulations @roger1013 for your promotion to Artist!

Also related to rank updates, as you can see lower in the thread from the man himself (Finrod), some things related to the promotion process are changing. More information >>here<<!​

#WeAreMCME - @Tyranystrasz
  • What story lies behind your username?
    I derped a name from a book (that's why it is unpronounceable) :)

• What was the funniest / weirdest thing / event you encountered on MCME?
    A droog asking: Osgiliath can I join the job?

• What was the funniest / weirdest thing /event you encountered in real life?
    I founded myself drunk in a lesbian party during new year's day

• If you could bring one item from Real Life Earth to Middle-Earth to show to Middle-Earth people, which would it be and how would you present / explain it?
    Pizza, because pizza is life.

• Imagine you're sailing into the Undying Lands. Which LotR / Hobbit / Silmarillion character would you want to accompany you? (optional: why?)
    Pippin, i want to smoke some weedpipe with him absolutely

• If you would be given the opportunity to lead any MCME project (regardless of being done already or not), which would you choose?
    Harad, i want to make a tatooine village <3

Truly an admirable goal there. I’m sure the Haradrim need some moisture farms (not to mention hovercraft).

Do you want to get featured in the MCME Times? Fill out your responses >>here<<!!

Themed Build
No Themed Build!!
We are still working around the transition. Our sincere apologies.​

Media of the Week

@mandolore100, currently our most prolific screenshotter, churned out another bunch this week, this time focused on Pelargir.
glLOix7.png

This shows the west side at night, highlighting all the wonderful lanterns. You can also see a sail loft built by a certain author of the Times in the bottom center.

@_Luk also made another lovely video of the same subject.

I particularly like the second shot through the boat; never have I seen fences look so not unrealistic as rigging. (purposeful litotes)

Community Outreach
WANTED: Texturers!
As you all hopefully know already, @Despot666 has evolved into one of our most active and skilled texturers; almost the entire dwarven pack is his work. But now he is looking for helping hands as his future contributions will not only remain in the dwarven packs but also the other MCME Resource Packs. If you are not sure about your graphics skills, do not worry: Despot has offered to teach you the drills with gimp and co. So, if you are interested in influencing the look of future MCME, speak forth through a PM directed to Despot!
Screenshots for Facebook
@Tyranystrasz has access to the MCME Facebook page and will regularly upload stuff there. For that he needs, of course, the very best of MCME, and for that he needs YOUR help! If you have a really awesome screenshot to share, submit it >>here<<!​
~14jn5so.png ~~24q79y0.png ~~21ecgh1.png ~

13974_2.gif

Don’t forget to like our Planetminecraft page daily! Click the picture above!​

Closing Statement
In honor of @Eriol_Eandur but also just for life in general, a nice quote from that ever-so-handy source BrainyQuote.com:
You take a crash, you get back up and next time you succeed and that's a great feeling.

Last edited:
Last night I have checked all 24 Artist applications that were made since April 2015 and have written sometimes quite extensive reviews and feedback, @roger1013 got promoted to Artist, his building skills clearly match the Artist needs while he is very active on the server, so all we need from an Artist he has ;) Congratulations again roger. Behind the scenes I'm just finishing up a major rework of how we (Staff) determine which applicants to promote. As soon as I'm done with everything there will be a major announcement later today. Lastly all staff have reported about which Artists have been remarked to be active and which not, about half a dozen Artists got pmd by me whether they are still interested in the rank.

As one of the first generation of Artists, I'm still interested in Artist too!

Also, in news that did not make the announcements, the Guides will be holding an AMA on the forums later this week to discuss the Guide Ranks, Events, and anything you all might want to know. Please be on the lookout for that.

As one of the first generation of Artists, I'm still interested in Artist too!

Also, in news that did not make the announcements, the Guides will be holding an AMA on the forums later this week to discuss the Guide Ranks, Events, and anything you all might want to know. Please be on the lookout for that.
AMA?