• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Times~ #38/15 - Mt. Gram Finished!

qZRemZY.png

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Opening Statement
Hello again, welcome back to another edition of the Times. In this week much progress has been done. I would like to draw special attention to Lamedon, and with that commend Finrod and Eriol. It was a great idea to have scheduled jobs, and as seen in Lamedon they have been very productive so far. I only hope that the excitement of the community does not begin to wane as scheduled Saturday (or otherwise) jobs become SOP.​

Announcements
No announcements this week.

Project Progress

Andrast (In Progress) - Lead: @Tyranystrasz
Some more terraforming, including another glacier by @jacenpeter.​

Anfalas (In Progress) - Lead: @otho
More voxelling.​

Lamedon (In Progress) - Lead: @_Luk
More farms, trees and rivers in north-western Lamedon. Also the mountain range in the middle of Lamedon is turning yellow again.

Nice progress in Lamedon Saturday evening during a 4 and a half hour job. We made a lot of farm walls, fixed a huge amount of trees and build some nice farm houses. Thanks to all who helped!

- @Eriol_Eandur & @_Luk.
Lond Daer (In Progress) - Lead: @Mandos
THE PALACE IS COMPLETED!!!!!! This great feat of architecture was completed by the talented @bender400 and @jackg420. A little lore about it: it is the palace of King Aldarion, who led his guild of venturers to Middle Earth and established Lond Daer as a port for its nearby timber.

- @Mandos & some editing
Misty Mountains (In Progress) - Lead: @Emilio_ & @Finrod_Amandil
Probably my personal record: on Saturday evening we finished 3 glaciers over an incredible time of just 2 and a half hours straight. Many thanks to the helpers @barteldvn, @IsaacTheBlaze, @roger1013, @Nic1337, @GeorgeMas and @DutchKnight1, hopefully I forgot no one!

Furthermore Emil has made some more progress on his masterpiece of terrain that is the Hollin Ridge.

- @Finrod_Amandil
Moria (On Hold) - Lead: @Despot666 & @Finrod_Amandil
As you can see >>here<<, Moria has been placed on hold. But if you want a more lighthearted update...

Still busy slaughtering monsters in Novigrad.

- @Despot666

Public Projects:

Aldburg Revamp (New) - Lead: @Fireinferno13
Fire was on vacation this week (what a slacker), so nothing got done. Expect terraforming! HOWEVER, Fire is still looking for some project staff. Feeling helpful or ambitious? Just PM Fire (on the forums) with some ideas of how you would contribute.​

Mt. Gram (Finished) - Lead: @Thijs1801
After 5 months, Mt. Gram has been completed. We would like to extend our congratulations to Thijs, @Nic1337, @thomasd16, and everyone else who helped out with this project!

Would you like to help with the Times too? Volunteer to be a project reporter! Contact one of the Times writers for details. (@Ardelenia, @DarthRagnar, @ooitsbirdo, or @Speeder45)​

Current Plotworld Jobs and Scheduled Jobs:
Currently no activities in the plotworld are available.

For an always up-to-date overview and a list of scheduled jobs, please refer to >>this<< thread.​

Rank Updates
  • @Sylvin has been promoted to Artist!
  • @Will_em unfortunately resigned from Designer. Another person who has contributed so much to the server has succumbed to that demon we call “IRL commitments”. We will all miss him dearly and hope he will do well in life (but seriously you will still be on the server, right?)

#WeAreMCME - @Danishkabby
  • What story lies behind your username?
    A few years back, a friend and I were planning on creating a youtube channel, we both share a mutual hate for numbers in usernames (e.g. terrible names like Greglas2 or Speeder45 [love you boys]) and thus we were brainstorming ways to avoid that. We eventually tried combining our nicknames together, and I've been using this username for everything ever since!

• What was the funniest / weirdest thing / event you encountered on MCME?
    Funniest and weirdest thing I've encountered... Without a doubt, @mingthemusical.

• What was the funniest / weirdest thing /event you encountered in real life?
    Too many to count, but if I had to give one, I'd say the funniest and weirdest (also oddly charming) thing I've encountered in real life would be Actual Cannibal Shia LaBeouf.

• If you could bring one item from Real Life Earth to Middle-Earth to show to Middle-Earth people, which would it be and how would you present / explain it?
    Maple Syrup. I can't really explain it.

• Imagine you're sailing into the Undying Lands. Which LotR / Hobbit / Silmarillion character would you want to accompany you? (optional: why?)
    Huan the Great Hound.

• If you would be given the opportunity to lead any MCME project (regardless of being done already or not), which would you choose?
    I'd love to work on ruins in the ancient places of Eriador. The Dwarven Holds in the Blue Mountains... The Elven Kingdom of Lindon. Or even just to oversee terrain design changes in the rest of Eriador like what we've seen in The Shire and The Misty Mountains. Something about the north western bits of Eriador is just mysterious and draws me in.
Do you want to get featured in the MCME Times? Fill out your responses >>here<<!!

Media of the Week

@DSESGH has graced us with this beautiful terrain in northern Anfalas.

LOg2l5r.jpg

Make sure to let DSE know if you want to see more images like this!

Community Outreach

WANTED: Texturers!
As you all hopefully know already, @Despot666 has evolved into one of our most active and skilled texturers; almost the entire dwarven pack is his work. But now he is looking for helping hands as his future contributions will not only remain in the dwarven packs but also the other MCME Resource Packs. If you are not sure about your graphics skills, do not worry: Despot has offered to teach you the drills with gimp and co. So, if you are interested in influencing the look of future MCME, speak forth through a PM directed to Despot!
Screenshots for Facebook
@Tyranystrasz has access to the MCME Facebook page and will regularly upload stuff there. For that he needs, of course, the very best of MCME, and for that he needs YOUR help! If you have a really awesome screenshot to share, submit it >>here<<!
~14jn5so.png ~~24q79y0.png ~~21ecgh1.png ~

13974_2.gif

Don’t forget to like our Planetminecraft page daily! Click the picture above!

Closing Statement
The hype surrounding Moria has been growing for many years, but unfortunately it has been cut short. But do not weep, for it shall rise again and be even better! For now, let’s make Gondor awesome and get it over with. And thus I present to you your weekly quota of cliche:

Don’t cry over the past, it’s gone. Don’t stress about the future, it hasn’t arrived. Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Last edited:
qZRemZY.png

Anfalas (In Progress) - Lead: @DSESGH - Reporter: @Durtalathion
Hello and welcome to another installment of Anfalas news.
This week, not a bunch has been done in the way of major changes. In a statement for The Times, @DSESGH stated "More voxeling in the north by @kisos, I have been working on the coasts in the south, and oth will hopefully be more active now."

Since there has been less work done to report on, I took an opportunity to explore these freshly voxelled mountains. I was stunned. The pillars of stone mentioned in my first report were as grand as initially seen. While I walked through the the mountains, I discovered two small lakes that lay in the picturesque valleys between mountians. The northern most I dubbed "finger lake" due to its shape. I then meandered south and encountered the second which I dubbed "lost lake" because at the time I had gotten lost when I came across it. Take the walk yourselves. These tree clad pillars of stone are a joy to hike through.

That's it this week. Stay poised for more news next week!

- @Durtalathion

Last edited: