• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Times~ #39/15 - Happy Birthday MCME, Happy Deathday PVP-ers

qZRemZY.png

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Opening Statement
Happy Birthday to MCME, Happy Birthday to MCME, Happy Birthday dear MCMEEEEEEEE, Happy birthday to you all!!!

If you haven’t guessed it was MCME's 5th Anniversary yesterday and the grand opening of our permanent pvp server (that is currently down, #blame @Dallen). Time to get revenge on whoever has wronged you, so ready your bows and your blades -- it's hunting time.​

Announcements
We have PVP!!! The ip is pvp.mcmiddleearth.com and it is a public server, no NPW required! Invite your friends! More information >>here<<.​

Project Progress

Thanks to @Durtalathion who proved a photographer as well as a reporter.

Andrast (In Progress) - Lead: @Tyranystrasz
Some more terraforming happened, including 1/4 of a mountain. Some towns are being moved to make way for the nature.​

Anfalas (In Progress) - Lead: @DSESGH - Reporter @Durtalathion
Hello everyone. Once again it is time for another fascinating edition of Anfalas news. From project member @kisos, it was stated that there was not much progress in this new region with the exception of more voxelling. There was also a new road that leads to what will be a small farm which according to Kisos again will not be completed until the terrain has been polished off.

For those that are interested in following my jaunt that I took through the newly modeled region, after last week’s locations I went through the site that will become a farm and followed the road in the narrow valley that it resides and crossed the river going almost due west where I followed one of the streams uphill until I came across yet another lake (my name pending) which is by far the largest in the new region.

Stay poised MCME, great things are coming in Anfalas.​

Lamedon (In Progress) - Lead: @_Luk
More things happened. A village which has been under construction for a while got a warp, /warp Tree’s Hollow.​

Lond Daer (In Progress) - Lead: @Mandos
Ruining has started! Artists are encouraged to start working on the houses there. Try to match the already-ruined block, and be sure to ask @Mandos or @bender400 if you have questions.​

Misty Mountains (In Progress) - Lead: @Emilio_ & @Finrod_Amandil
I would have to assume more voxelling happened. They also ran an extra-nostalgic job covering sand with grass.​

Public Projects:

Aldburg Revamp (In Progress) - Lead: @Fireinferno13
A whole bunch of terraforming got done, and this Saturday there was a nostalgic grassing job on the outside of the city. The wall and a few buildings have been started, and lots of wool planning is under way.​

Linhir Outskirts (In Progress) - Lead: @Nic1337
Terraforming has occurred and is occurring. Nic has also started building and experimenting by the north gate of the city. I expect great things.

Would you like to help with the Times too? Volunteer to be a project reporter! Contact one of the Times writers for details. (@Ardelenia, @DarthRagnar, @ooitsbirdo, or @Speeder45)​

Current Plotworld Jobs and Scheduled Jobs:
Currently no activities in the plotworld are available.

For an always up-to-date overview and a list of scheduled jobs, please refer to >>this<< subforum and look at the thread titled "Scheduled Jobs and Open Plotbuilds".​

Rank Updates

#WeAreMCME - @q220
  • What story lies behind your username?
    When I was a young warthog (when he was a young warthoooog) I was captured by some hungry men. They cut me up and made delicious ribs and brisket from me. But I had not yet founded the server, so I was sent back by Eru himself as q220 the White, and I was named after the very model of the grill on which I was killed.

• What was the funniest / weirdest thing / event you encountered on MCME?
    There was that one time when I remembered what my life was like before MCME. It was kinda funny and weird.

• What was the funniest / weirdest thing /event you encountered in real life?
    I’d have to say, members of the order Testudines are pretty weird. Stubborn little buggers, too.

• If you could bring one item from Real Life Earth to Middle-Earth to show to Middle-Earth people, which would it be and how would you present / explain it?
    I would bring two trains with me. I like being employed.

• Imagine you're sailing into the Undying Lands. Which LotR / Hobbit / Silmarillion character would you want to accompany you? (optional: why?)
    I’d have to go with C3PO; I really like all the technology and -- oh, he’s not from LotR? Sorry, I don’t really know anything about it. I just do the servers and stuff. Um...Gothmog sounds like a chill guy?

• If you would be given the opportunity to lead any MCME project (regardless of being done already or not), which would you choose?
    I think I would like to lead the MCME project.

Taking this opportunity to thank Q again for his dedication and service. Thanks!
Ardelenia’s sincere gratitude goes out to Shorvok as well, who will never see this of course. He may have done a terrible thing, but without him we wouldn’t be here.
*These responses were written by Times Staff.
Do you want to get featured in the MCME Times? Fill out your responses >>here<<!!

Themed Build

Moria East Gate
>>more information<<
Remember that themed builds are now optional, but a great way to build talent and get feedback!​

Media of the Week

@Despot666 took this magnificent misty Shire shot to boldly brag about his awesomeness.
FYsXWxZ.jpg

Hobbiton and The Water

@Finrod_Amandil took some epic and beautiful pictures yesterday on the far-render server. I honestly could not decide which was the best of the 8 new ones, so here is the link to the thread Ultra HD (4K) far render shader screenshots and the post you should look at, assuming you have seen all the old ones, is the 5th from the top, titled MORE GONDOR.​

Community Outreach

WANTED: Texturers!
As you all hopefully know already, @Despot666 has evolved into one of our most active and skilled texturers; almost the entire dwarven pack is his work. But now he is looking for helping hands as his future contributions will not only remain in the dwarven packs but also the other MCME Resource Packs. If you are not sure about your graphics skills, do not worry: Despot has offered to teach you the drills with gimp and co. So, if you are interested in influencing the look of future MCME, speak forth through a PM directed to Despot!

Screenshots for Facebook
@Tyranystrasz has access to the MCME Facebook page and will regularly upload stuff there. For that he needs, of course, the very best of MCME, and for that he needs YOUR help! If you have a really awesome screenshot to share, submit it >>here<<!​

~14jn5so.png ~~24q79y0.png ~~21ecgh1.png ~

13974_2.gif

Don’t forget to like our Planetminecraft page daily! Click the picture above!​

Closing Statement
As we celebrate the fifth anniversary of the server, let us reflect upon the players, projects, events, and memories made in this time and look forward eagerly for events to come.

- The Times Team

Since a quote is customary, I found an amusing one that relates a little:
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
- Groucho Marx

ALAS! I have returned. If you are wondering why I was silent my computer stopped working. I'm just catching up and there is some people I would LOVE to congratulate. Eriol, Ryiw, and Emilo did AMAZINGLY well in Lothlorien. I'm sorry Credoo left, and Fin isn't writing anymore. Kisos, and Willem did wonderful at Pelargir. Finally my good friend Bendy. I'm so happy you got promoted.