• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Times~ #41/16

qzremzy-png.5157

Opening statement

Since our lovely Finrod has been busy with some IRL stuff, I've opted to do this weeks Times myself. Things should be back to normal in the Times office next week, when Fin (hopefully) finds some more time.

But for now, sit down, relax, grab a cup of coffee and enjoy this weeks probably first ever morning edition of the Times! (Yes, my timezone is really that bad).
Whats Up?

8c9HFxy.jpg

KZcARXd.jpg

MtTEgsS.jpg

Project Progress

Dol Amroth (In Progress) - Lead: @Eaglz24

After an extremely long time of discussing, planning, and discussing some more, I present to you guys the new Dol Amroth Revamp! Many of you might have already been suspecting some suspicious activity (ie. a map in dynmap) but now it's time to spoil the beans and release the project.

You guys can check out the Project Post here: Dol Amroth

As for an update of what we have already done thus far, myself Luk and Beat have been copying the old Dol Amroth to staff (for those who are wondering why the server has been lagging so much). It's a long and daunting task of copying each chunk at a time, and most likely will take a few more hours, but the light at the end of the tunnel is we get to nuke the Dol Amroth once we're done :D

Andrast (In Progress) - Lead: @jacenpeter

"sand"
Belfalas (In Progress) - Lead: @Thijs1801

There has been progress once more after a few quite weeks around Belfalas. Some Artists have been working away on a beautiful little farming area to the south of Lostfalls. Other than that Eriol has been working away on some more hills to the north.
Lamedon (In Progress) - Lead: @_Luk

The town of Smailholm has been completed! The final result is an absolute beauty, check it out at /warp smailholm

Other than that, not much progress in Lamedon this week.

MORIA (In Progress) - Lead: @Despot666 & @Finrod_Amandil

Not too much progress that Despot knows of other than some smaller things. Moria is still relatively unstable progress wise, but as time goes on we should see Moria get more attention.

Oh, and CoL has gotten a little progress, mainly just laying out houses by @Beathaven

Tolfalas (In Progress) - Lead: @Tyranystrasz

None this week.
Valley of Erui (In Progress) - Lead: @Mandos

Some more progress here as well, with some nice little farms popping up here and there by Artists. And some small terrain revamps and new rivers by the Doomsman.
Texture Development

Nothing really new here, other than @Eriol_Eandur experimenting with some blockstate things.

Plugin Development

Animation Plugin (In Progress) - Dev: @Ivan1pl

None this week.
Plotbuild, Architect & Minigames (Implemented) - Devs: @Eriol_Eandur & @Ivan1pl

Eriol is still working on things related with blockstates. The potential there is huge, a final count of Eriol for the Gondor pack yielded a stunning 476 unused blockstates. Some come with some restrictions, but a large amount of these are possible to make into usable blocks!
Rank Updates

A warm welcome to the rank of Designer for @Beathaven! Well deserved after a lot of great work and skill, welcome to the team!
Media of the week

Some breathtaking screenshots made by @Despot666 using the high resolution MCME resource packs, check em' out!

full

Upcoming

Community Outreach

@NicTheFifth has been working on a Corrupted Isengard map on the PvP server! If you are interested in helping him out, notify him!
Themed Build
Themed Builds are weekly build events that serve to show off your building skills and/or help you to gain the skills required to get promoted to the Artist rank! All instructions on how to participate can be found in the thread linked below.

(Same as in last weeks Times)

Theme: Wellinghall (The home of Treebeard)
Resource Pack: Rohan
Link: #35/16 - Wellinghall

Closing statement

All in all, this has been a pretty standard week aside from the new Dol Amroth project. I don't really have anything else to say and I'm really hungry so i'll leave it at that. Thanks for tuning in and have a good rest of your week folks!
. .

Like our Planetminecraft page daily to help promoting MCME!

Last edited: