• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Times~ #9/15

qZRemZY.png
Opening Statement

I can't do anything but highlighting how awesome the comeback of the audiobook was this friday! You all should definitely tune in next week! But now you should read about what else happened this week. Again: Many people are asking for jobs lately, if you are one of these, or encounter one, refer to the latest MCME Times for an overview for Freebuilds and Contest, because theres tons of things you can do there, and i'll be updating it also throughout the week.

>========================================================================<​

Project Progress

Annúminas (In Progress) - Lead: @Will_em
Some massive progress in the north! Many new houses have been built by Artists; they can continue to do so on the marked out plots. But most notably the palace of Annúminas has been added which looks absolutely epic, interior is still to be done though. Oh, and check out the fancy horse statues! (/warp annutemp)

Calembel (In Progress) - Lead: @Ivan1pl

There are still some unclaimed plots in normal house freebuild. If you want to help and build some houses, read this. If you are Artist, you can build a house for rich district. Go to the town and search for dark green outlines. There are 3 of them, and 2 more will be added.
Market and military districts are finished, there was some progress in administration district and some normal houses were already pasted from plotworld.
- Ivan1pl

Dol Amroth (In Progress) - Lead: @Demonataz
No changes in the actual city, but the participants of the Military District Contest are making good progress as it seems. The Contest is still running until the 29th of march, so getting involved is still possible!

Lebennin (In Progress) - Lead: @otho
Villages are slowly popping up all around the province with one already done (the most northern one).
If you'd like to help with the villages, ask the lad in charge and he/she will surely let you help ;)

- otho

Misty Mountains (In Progress) - Lead: @Finrod_Amandil
Some reinforcements entered the game this week! @Emilio_ voxelled the materials of section #21 and @kisos is gaining some voxel experience with terraforming in #22. We will be done there very soon!

Pelargir (In Progress) - Lead: @Credoo
Work in Pelargir is moving. Both the Pelargir House Build is open, as well as the Pelargir Ship Build, for both trade and fishing ships.
Accepted ships will be pasted in, and around, Pelargir docks. Go try your hand in either of them. As before, keep an eye out on the Pelargir project thread for an announcement.
- kisos

Shire Trees (In Progress) - Lead: @kisos

Many new trees and walls are being replaced now. The first two sections are done and the third one is being started. Progress is steady and coming along at a good pace. Artists watch out for available wall/small rooting jobs from yours truly.
- kisos

Public Projects:

Agar and Udul (In Progress) - Lead: @Mandos
Artists Agar is done and there is just 11 more houses in Udul. We are nearing the end. I need your help to finish off these last few houses. If you warp into Udul you will find 11 blue blocks, each one of these needs to be built, in the style of the city. Please help me out and make a few. This project is winding down pleas be a part of it.
- Mandos

Bandit / Traveler Camps (In Progress) - Lead: @PINT00
The leader tent Freebuild is over. The winner has yet to be announced.

Ethring (In Progress) - Lead: @AWOL777
One man + one more week = one more house. Awol that one man is and quite many houses it is by now.

Lothlórien Vegetation (In Progress) - Lead: @yourie98
Thanks to a lot of help from out community, we got enough trees and more and more of them are being pasted in! Thanks to jobs lead by @Emilio_ we are starting to creep westward further and further.
Thanks for all the help on the jobs, and keep up the good work!
- Beathaven

Current Plotworld Jobs and Projects:

Status Updates
Promotions

For a few weeks there were not more than three Guides, but now finally two new names were chosen to enlarge the number of these important people. And these names are Mandolore100 and Artie_! Congratulations!

This Week's Highlights
Build of the Week
Most of you may not have noticed what awesome building has sneaked onto the map this week: The palace of Annúminas! @jacenpeter and @bender400 deserve all the credit here, Eglerio! ("Praise them!")

Screenshot by @Glovr
cPj0rUK.png

Media of the Week

Firstly our #1 fish @Credoo captured a series of very atmospherical screenshots from throughout the server. Check them all >>here<<. However there was one shot taken in Bree that really reminded me of that "Peter Jackson eating a carrot" scene :D:

Bree (/warp Bree)
Mul8Hmm.png

cameo-jackson-3.jpg

And second we have once more @Glovr with amazing new imagery; the Annúminas shot from above is one of them, or this one here from Linhir:

Linhir Docks (/warp Linhir)
aTHXacs.png

Audiobook Comeback
Friday night the audiobook returned, where we listened to the chapters 6 and 7 of the two towers. We visited the golden hall aka Meduseld and bravely fought in the battle of Helm's Deep. Be sure to tune in next week for another session, cuz its just epic!
Some impressions of this week's adventures:
Meduseld by @Credoo
t92uD8m.jpg

Battle of Helm's Deep by @Despot666
INOZBcq.jpg

Battle of Helm's Deep by @Finrod_Amandil
wWC57O7.png

New Themed Build

High Fells of Rhudaur aka Nazgûl Tomb from the Hobbit movie
>>ThemedBuild post<<

HighFells.png

Edhellen mi Ennorath - Elvish in Middle-Earth

Part 9 - The Tengwar: Punctuation and Numbers

A quick and simple chapter this week it is, and the last one for the Tengwar!
Note that the information given today can for sure be used for all languages you use the Tengwar with.

Punctuation
Tolkien often changed his mind on how these characters shall be used, but here is the most common asset of them:
IKkNVjd.jpg

Numbers

There are a few special things about number with Tengwar. First, there are not only characters for the numerals 0 - 9, but also one for 10 and 11 each. This is because the elves did not only use the decimal system (as we do), but also the duodecimal system (which I won't explain further here). However if you need to write the numbers 10 and 11 you can aswell use the extra characters for these instead of writing a two digit number:

zm36tBf.jpg

The second tweak to it is that numbers with more than one digit are written just the other way around than we do. So instead of 2015 you would transcribe that in the form 5102.

And lastly: As the elves did use two numeric systems as mentioned above, we have to mark the number so that the reader knows in what system the numbers are written. Depending on the length of the number they are marked differently. Here for the decimal system:
0 - 11: no mark, the numbers are identical in both systems. (you have to use the single characters for 10 and 11).
10 - 999 / 2 and 3 digit numbers: A dot above each numeral.
1000 and on: A horizontal line above the number.

(For duodecimal the rules are equal beside the dots or line get placed below the number.)

As example todays date (in european form; 15.3.2015):
X524iBb.jpg

And as exercise this week I have something fun for you: >>Tengwar Sudoku!<<

Community Outreach

LotR Audiobook: We listen to the Lord of the Rings, read by Phil Dragash, while visiting the places the story plays on our server, and sometimes even reenact the events. As once more proven last friday, it's totally amazing and an unforgettable experience. So get your popcorn ready and be on Teamspeak next Friday 20th march @ 9pm GMT. We will continue with Chapter 8 of Book III (= The Two Towers first half). The fun is hosted and sponsored by @Credoo.

Scheduled Tours: Our guides are running scheduled tours every week on Saturdays at 9pm GMT. So if you look for a tour and never managed to catch a guide to give you one, this is the date you gotta go on the server, even better you can vote >>here<< for what location to be toured next!

Short Story Contest:
@Tyranystrasz organised a Short Story Contest. Until the 29th of march you can submit your fan-fiction based on Arda / Tolkiens Lore. The winner can win a gift card and the 3 best stories get featured here in the Times!
For more info read >>this post<<

Times Feedback:
Have a thought concerning the presentation of the MCME Times and how it can be improved? Because we are always looking for new ways to mix up and improve the Times experience through any means necessary and, if you have a comment or concern, it's likely that someone else had it as well and just didn't say anything about it. So be sure to message @Finrod_Amandil your thoughts through a PM or directly in this thread.

~14jn5so.png ~~
24q79y0.png
~~21ecgh1.png ~

Like our Planetminecraft page daily! It's a great way to make ourselves known among other Minecrafters! Click the picture below!
13974_2.gif

Closing Statement
This week's quote I found by chance and it did once more make me realise what makes this community here so special. I found that quote on an E-card and I will just put that here and adress it to all of you, and I'm inredibly thankful that you all are here!

BEOhW77.jpg

Dum, dum

Attachments

• qZRemZY.png
    qZRemZY.png
    67.6 KB · Views: 317
  • cPj0rUK.png
    cPj0rUK.png
    503 bytes · Views: 294
  • Mul8Hmm.png
    Mul8Hmm.png
    971 KB · Views: 299
  • cameo-jackson-3.jpg
    cameo-jackson-3.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 280
  • aTHXacs.png
    aTHXacs.png
    503 bytes · Views: 307
  • t92uD8m.jpg
    t92uD8m.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 297
  • INOZBcq.jpg
    INOZBcq.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 296
  • IKkNVjd.jpg
    IKkNVjd.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 568
  • HighFells.png
    HighFells.png
    208.2 KB · Views: 384
  • wWC57O7.png
    wWC57O7.png
    721.7 KB · Views: 303
  • X524iBb.jpg
    X524iBb.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 303
  • 14jn5so.png
    14jn5so.png
    5.8 KB · Views: 263
  • 24q79y0.png
    24q79y0.png
    4.3 KB · Views: 273
  • 21ecgh1.png
    21ecgh1.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 277
  • zm36tBf.jpg
    zm36tBf.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 313
  • 13974_2.gif
    13974_2.gif
    160.6 KB · Views: 304
  • BEOhW77.jpg
    BEOhW77.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:
I'd like to thank the return of the audio book for comforting my semi-lucid state after having four wisdom teeth removed that same day. Though I've forgotten a lot of it and only can remember bits and pieces, it was lots of fun.

"Gandalf had hardly spoken these words, when there came a great noise: a rolling boom that seemed to come from depths far below, and to tremble in the stone at their feet. They sprang towards the door in alarm. Doom, doom it rolled again, as if huge hands were turning the very caverns of Moria into a vast drum."

D9l7id0.png

you can't ruse the ruseman. moria revamp confirmed 2k15​

Attachments

• D9l7id0.png
    D9l7id0.png
    84.1 KB · Views: 302