• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

The MCME Times General Announcements [15/07/18]

~ General Announcements ~

Become a Donor

Hey guys! As usual, we need donations to keep the server running, so please help out if you can!

https://www.mcmiddleearth.com/donate/community-costs.1/campaign

Our Donors

Here are this week's latest donors. Good work guys! #MCMEdoesnotrunitself:

• No one ??!

~ Rank Updates ~

Report by Henry

We have a few promotions about in MCME these days

Foreman Antecedence - Antecedence has been hard at work and has recently found himself with the role of foreman, welcome to the squad! Promotion

Designer Tyranystrasz - Tyran has returned finally to help out again, welcome back Tyran! Promotion

~ Interviews ~

Now as it is custom we have two interviews; the “First Impressions Interview” and the “Meet the Regulars Interview”. LegoCellist will be interviewing a new adventurer about their experience on MCME and I will be interviewing our regular. Our regular in this edition is one of our 'older' artists I guess, but he is one of my favourite players on MCME, it’s…@didi45!

Interview with @didi45

1. How did you find MCME?

I saw a WatchMojo video on vast Minecraft builds and there was Isengard and Minas Tirith and it said it was built by the build server known as MCME so I was interested in seeing the server because I always loved Middle Earth.

2. What was your experience like as an Adventurer?

Hmmmm if I'd have to pick one word I'd say shocking, I had no idea what was going on at first and I just was overwhelmed and building theme builds because the main world was overwhelming to me but I did do a few jobs before becoming a commoner and then I settled in and felt more at home with the server.

3. What made you want to become an Artist?

I wanted to build cool stuff for the server as I always liked building and I wanted to build without the need of being in a job and pretty much build on my own.

4. What do you like most about being an Artist?

I like that I can just build freely and there is no need for a job to be running so I can just build when it is good for me.

5. Where is your favourite place on MCME?

Wow tough question... I really really love Moria but my true love lies with Rohan, it is one of my favorite places in the entire Middle Earth, it is beautiful and every time I go there I sing the song of Eowyn and it makes me feel so peaceful and it is just an amazing place...

6. Who is your favourite character in LOTR or the Hobbit?

Favorite character from LOTR is easily my main man Gimli son of Gloin, the guy is funny, strong, always has the best comeback and he is just a barrel of laughs whilst being a great warrior. From The Hobbit I'd have to say that I really like Thorin Oakenshield, yeah it is not the most original pick but he is definitely one of my favorite warriors in the entire series including LOTR, a natural born leader who goes through a process of change and it makes him grow and become better and develop. Now that is a great character in my opinion...

Tada

First Impressions Interview
By LegoCellist

This week’s new player technically joined a while ago, but he has only been active recently. Welcoming @xXThe12thXx!

Question 1. How did you find MCME?

I found MCME when I was scrolling for servers that were based of the Lord of The Rings.

Question 2: What were your impressions of the community on the server when you first joined?

My first impressions of the community of MCME when I first joined was simply amazed. The community was so welcoming and helpful to the new players, which I have never seen before on any other server.

Question 3: What was your impression of our finished projects; Minas Tirith and the Shire?

My first impressions of the servers finished projects were amazed. As we all know we, the spawn is located in Bagend, so right off the start I had the chance to explore one of the servers finished projects: The Shire. When I first explored The Shire I was simply amazed at the detail on the terrain and the exterior/interior of the houses. As I explored the map by following the footsteps I came upon another finished project on the server: Minas Tirith. The sheer size of the city had already amazed me before I walked into the leveled town. This place really hooked me to the server with the sheer detail put into that city from the walls to the mountain the city is built on.

Question 4: What was your impression of our current projects such as Dol Amroth and Moria

My first impression of the servers current projects, Dol Amroth and Moria, amazed me once again. I visited Dol Amroth before Moria during a tour with Ark. As we ran to the gates the farms outside of the city had already impressed me, but the animated gate got me super amazed at it. Although, I haven't been able to explore Dol Amroth because of the strain on my computer, I was really impressed on the build style of the town and how the artists, foreman, and designers had put detail into everything I have seen. When I first saw Moria was in the Central Dwelling when I got a job from NicTheFifth. As soon as I saw Moria I was in love. The extremely good detail put into the seemingly endless halls completely blew my mind. As I kept delving into new parts of Moria the detail always got better!

Question 5: So overall what was your impression of MCME?

All in all, my overall impression of MCME is amazed! Why amazed? Due to the sheer fact that the builders put effort into the builds on the server, and how the community is always so welcoming and fun to be in. Also, how the guides make your time and experience on this server as good as it can be!

LegoCellist: Thank you, we try!

Thank you again @xXThe12thXx !

~ Winners of “The Week” ~
So we got some good ones as always. Make sure you show some special recognition towards the winners of the week! They’ve presented exemplary displays of our server’s creative potential! Give a hand to these winners!

MEDIA OF THE WEEK:
This week, there wasn't any new media - Do some more, people! - but I managed to find this amazing piece which displays the best "Falas" (Sorry Darki and Eriol and all you Belfalas-lovers!) in all its glory. Good Job @walka_walka1 !

QMsI7qNwPGyT92O_qmSRQ6GnJox9Ud1DH-saQnffE94AMHcPK7WSxRZqEfZELOYha-U6nzqT6Jc73wlp0IVohmrGerCi7i2EnqSCIOpHNNhBRDA-GY9_K_I0HOFGpQocmgT2LlXn

THEME-BUILD OF THE WEEK:
This edition, I (super) have another two winners as per usual. One for the FFA Docks theme and one for the FFA marketplace theme. Congratulations to the winners :D

Our first winner this week, FFA docks, goes to *pauses to take a deep breath as she is running out of air* @Phoenix108. This theme is fantastic, great job Phoenix!

nMRich1dXZbRlWp2eKabVFy64Y6FUJEaBxz7UYV69CsPVQrt9FcCA1e3oogZkPxUdRzXYV2ALU9fzoXSy10Bdk1BkiVEeclkMxGdaejOkaaYCAIOLqSUeuO-4vdnZusUkwhPog60

And our second winner of the FFA marketplace theme goes to *drumroll* @memedrew! Well done!

KaRIyuc1B271sXN8fOmG-5dTIzUorWzYlOd5ncylfOg2EttNaAX1sQDcftbkGlPgiCdZyX3v26YXs1NF-jDTssDI7jhLxEYfyI-wXGG_PlIde-sw3ysO084ScIa4JVdutcZF3Bxp

FREEBUILD OF THE WEEK:
By Raffy

Sorry guys, I didn’t have time for FreeBuild this week, so instead I will do some advertising. Y'all need to do more work in freebuild as The Times team and I are struggling to find more awesome stuff to choose. So stop the theme-builds *sorry super* and go to freebuild!!!

~ Upcoming ~
Themed Build
Theme: FFA watchtower

Resource Pack: Any resource pack

Duration: 1 week

Link: #25/18 - [FFA] Watchtower

~ Lore of the Week ~
Ordering of The Shire

In 1601 T.A. the brothers Marcho and Blanco set out from Bree with permission from the high king at Fornost (Argeleb II) and crossed the Baranduin (Brandywine) and settled down in the lands between the river and the Far Downs. All the king demanded from them was to keep the Great Bridge in repair. The Hobbits of The Shire also adopted the laws of the king and even at the end of Third Age when there had been no king for more than a thousand years they attributed to the king all their essential laws.

When the North Kingdom ended the Hobbits chose from their own chiefs a Thain to hold the authority of the king that was gone. That office came from the Oldbucks to the Tooks some centuries before the War of the Ring. But of course the Thain was hardly any ‘government’. The Thain was master of the Shire-moot, and captain of the Shire-muster and the Hobbitry-in-arms, but muster and moot were only held in times of emergency. At the time of the War of the Ring there had been no emergencies for many years. Thus the office of the Thain was not more than a nominal dignity.

~ More Media ~

Howdy folks, just want to let you guys know that we do have multiple platforms that represent MCME. One of those being Twitter! If you have an account, make sure to follow MinecraftMiddleEarth (@MCMiddleEarth) | Twitter for some additional content revolving around the community!

For those of you without Twitter, fear not!!! We are also represented on Facebook! Like us here: https://www.facebook.com/mcmeproject/

Now, make sure you give us a diamond on Planet Minecraft! The more popular this thing is, the more help we receive :) Minecraft Middle Earth Minecraft Server

~ Advertisements ~

Artist
Building is one of the fundamental parts of Minecraft Middle Earth, and it is done by the amazing Artists on the server. Many times we are asked how can I build and we have an answer for you: Become an Artist! Working on all the new projects with Designers and Foremen while furthering your building skills in this community is something all Artists get to take part in!

Does this sound like something that you would like to do? You can apply for Artist/ today on the forums! The Designers and current Artists will work with you and help you on your journey.

Guide
You’ve joined MCME but you really couldn’t care less about building? But how can one do something different on a build server? Become a Guide! There are many things other than building that help the server and one of those things is guiding people:

As a guide, you are the face of MCME! Without the rank of guide, we don’t attract nearly as many new players and those responsibilities are shifted onto busier shoulders. We are here to keep people interested and make MCME as fun as possible without distracting the focus of the server. Think that sounds like something you would want to do?

Just click Guide and apply today!

Tolfalas Untamed
If you haven't heard of Tolfalas Untamed, it seems as if you haven't been around much on MCME much these past 3 weeks. In short, it is a tour, hosted by Raffyyy and myself (Samfries_Taranoc), which covers the “wildlife” of the South Gondor island of Tolfalas in an Attenborough-esque romp through the fields of that balmy isle, but with a comedic twist… Our first three episodes (at the time of writing) have done well, covering the marshes and beaches, as well as an overview in the pilot, and if your interest has been piqued, episode four will happens at 5pm BST on Mondays, or 7pm Tuesdays, depending on which of us is hosting.

~ Closing Statement ~
Well thanks again Times Team for the hard work you put into this one!

I’m so sorry for the late edition everyone. With BWOT’s lack of WiFi and my temperamental schedule we sadly could not get this out for Sunday.

No fear as there is a lot coming up on MCME this next coming weeks. Including the much anticipated Summer Events!
Also don't forget to watch the Summer Events trailer.

So here is an inspirational quote from none other: JRR Tolkien:

“All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.”

6RWwOIPQXS-Q6xnUDCAR2qcAJrtYj6ATohGsLrf9uUI3NdClmjlNMkKoUOKRzHbpo45F-70HimxuIdLAGD71Ur0DwqnXCM36nSsQYgE1RRm8tyOlu2dVmeFfrY7p12OtE-SJ8xtq

KFaxLLt0VaOw4s3wZFuZpzPrJWg1mggf3yvrPe--eq1tKSsSyLO5kAwTEhPiL0spowncRzw9Tfrm9kYALzXrP0gSW7ccfduHdZzn2BEGG_fKdjItf3wmhXfc9d9yALn6R8jUYCB2

The Official MCME Times

mcmiddleearth.com​

Interview with q220:
How did you find MCME?
What was your experiense like as an adventurer?
What made you want to become an eru illuvatar?
Lol. I guess some alterations would have to be made to some of the questions.
Maybe these are the questions that should be asked:
How did the idea of MCME take form?
What was it like in the earliest days of MCME?
What is it like to be the founder and owner of MCME?
What is your favorite thing about MCME?
What is your favorite place on MCME?
Who is your favorite character in LotR or the Hobbit?

Would be fun if you could get an interview with Q for the Meet the regulars interview.

Also, I think it would have been wiser to put the new ad for Tolfalas Untamed above the everyweek ads for Artist and Guide.
Please stop complaining, be glad you even got this edition as neither me or BWOT planned on posting it due to everyone having clashing schedules. Ryt you always seem to have a problem with the times so maybe you try running the whole thing for a while, then you won't be complaining.

Also, Q is a very busy man, to ask him to do this plus everything else would be kinda unfair on him.

Please stop complaining, be glad you even got this edition as neither me or BWOT planned on posting it due to everyone having clashing schedules. Ryt you always seem to have a problem with the times so maybe you try running the whole thing for a while, then you won't be complaining.

Also, Q is a very busy man, to ask him to do this plus everything else would be kinda unfair on him.
I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I didn't mean anything by it. I just meant to give you guys a tip for the future. I love reading the Times and I really appreciate all of the time and effort you guys put into it, I really do. I'm sorry, I'll try to refrain from complaining in the future.