• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

The MCME Times Project Progress [29/07/18]

The Official MCME Times
vOBeyZL9wbXtNTswdxRb1RLCW_LoORubap4Sq-nGBQYTsLrx0_VR2xyKSG3DUDo30W5O3pKHY9-B-i3q-m18SCNN8TyQnNqtrPR2k3DR8OgEjgtZ7YXQMA7uebPhOUc8UeJKSZ5m
The Hottest Point of the Year!
1.13 Release, RP Merge Done, Summer Events Started, and lots more!

2ID-4jk2BxRizxiqAo3m_7yGYqymjjyvOzUHVhnEQkM8I9fN5Y1BLUufRfRV2ntGJmMT4Zc3Ym7DJl4FHIWrroEKG5GRiNwHTvqxQllpJYhaUe459U-GyqWEVpcgktyW4o1nQqJx

Editor's Note by BWOT

Hello all, this will be a severely reduced version due to the amount which is currently going on. Summer Events, RP merge, 1.13 and many other things. We will hopefully have a very fun summer and two weeks ahead. Building events are in the planning so keep your eyes peeled for announcements!

~ Project Progress ~

Not a lot of individual progress but a lot of work behind the scenes. I am currently going through each project and working with the leaders, setting up announcement threads and properly getting everything to finish some of these projects off or to continue them at a steady pace.

- We have Patrick as our new leader of Moria and a post for the main goal / project being connecting East to West will hopefully come out on Monday - Tuesday.
- Belfalas can now start its vegetation due to the rp merge. This is the same for Andrast, however, there is a bit of grassing still to be done before we can start on that.
- Dol Amroth has still been lacking as Thijs is MIA.
- The Osgiliath project is in the planning (post to come soon)

~ Texture Development ~

Report by BWOT

Gondor RP merge
Main Part finished and just derp fixing now

Gondor RP
I am thinking of adding more medium-sized trees to the pack. Also, have to look at the 1.13 changelog and start working on Eriol to shift the Gondor rp (now out most advanced rp to 1.13) so that we have a base for other rps like Mordor. Even though I will still be developing textures for Mordor, this means more delay for it.

32 RP
No progress

Mordor RP
Merlin has done some good work that I have to just check and finalize.

~ General Announcements ~

Become a Donor
Hey guys! As usual, we need donations to keep the server running, so please help out if you can!
https://www.mcmiddleearth.com/donate/community-costs.1/campaign

Our Donors
Here are this week's latest donors. Good work guys! #MCMEdoesnotrunitself:
Summer Events
Yes they are finally here, check them out in this post: The 6 Dragons Summer Events

1.13 is out
image.jpg

We won't be able to switch to 1.13 for a couple months now, but stay tuned.

Gondor RP Merge
Wow, what marvellous work done by @Eriol_Eandur, glad to see it finally done. Read more here Gondor RP merge

Public Meeting
That transpired since last time and a roundup plus the recording will come soon.

~ Rank Updates ~
Report by BWOT

DoctorDoam: Congratulations on joining the Purple Legion Promotion

~ Winners of “The Week” ~

So we got some good ones like always. Make sure you show some special recognition towards the winners of the week! They’ve presented exemplary displays of our server’s creative potential! Give a hand to these winners!

MEDIA OF THE WEEK:
There has been lots of new media, so it was pretty hard to pick one, but I have a thing for lens flares, so @Jonatanknalle is the winner for this week!

lW254Ti8juPddbGIpBFJoXNpXC_KEqP4GCL5Wh-FpjrvbFQdRl0bujR49QOLJK4UEQZz20E25lUj8tFOjjhpCK4kIZiw1hTE_SjRi7na5o9j-Z2kX6Ue3zT7nuKCTWEpK2MqezRq

THEME-BUILD OF THE WEEK:
This edition, I (Sam) have another two winners as per usual. One for the FFA Watchtower theme and one for the FFA Temple theme. Congratulations to the winners :D

Our first winner is @Roel2005 with his amazing build. I especially like the terrain, and the derped blocks (thanks to the rp change...) are more than made up for.

x7o0kSyr7D-8s-fHpPwerjp9-kzebTspwvwu5N8IJ7dsw5icWssTF_Pz9c-36lrw4VDVYPE2fPfWBeDrU4XdoL2CMz-U0mbYiu4QOyXeGVxPgMufc9GE_IJ_H5wU4OWlPTNe29L_

And our winner of the FFA temple theme goes to *drumroll* @Xmine01! The organic shapes are especially impressive.

II5a9vItZc10McG-BV9LK_JvGYLQGWiN5Sb8bL19vdkc-m-C5HC353qx-x07xGnq2ffJFIJ6y4Rak3GpJPSKcTc4PgPbP0sZsUYoTtjlqHebNKVMQ1pBB5UBj3CPJvzXNVtjTuPh

~More Media ~

Howdy folks, just want to let you guys know that we do have multiple platforms that represent MCME. One of those being Twitter! If you have an account, make sure to follow MinecraftMiddleEarth (@MCMiddleEarth) | Twitter for some additional content revolving around the community!

For those of you without Twitter, fear not!!! We are also represented on Facebook! Like us here: https://www.facebook.com/mcmeproject/

Now, make sure you give us a diamond on Planet Minecraft! The more popular this thing is, the more help we receive :) Minecraft Middle Earth Minecraft Server

~ Advertisements ~

Artist
Building is one of the fundamental parts of Minecraft Middle Earth, and it is done by the amazing Artists on the server. Many times we are asked how can I build and we have an answer for you: Become an Artist! Working on all the new projects with Designers and Foremen while furthering your building skills in this community is something all Artists get to take part in!
Does this sound like something that you would like to do? You can apply for Artist/ today on the forums! The Designers and current Artists will work with you and help you on your journey.

Guide
You’ve joined MCME but you really couldn’t care less about building? But how can one do something different on a build server? Become a Guide! There are many things other than building that help the server and one of those things is guiding people:
As a guide, you are the face of MCME! Without the rank of Guide, we don’t attract nearly as many new players and those responsibilities are shifted onto busier shoulders. We are here to keep people interested and make MCME as fun as possible without distracting the focus of the server. Think that sounds like something you would want to do?
Just click Guide and apply today!

Tolfalas Untamed

If you haven't heard of Tolfalas Untamed, it seems as if you haven't been around much on MCME much these past 3 weeks. In short, it is a tour, hosted by Raffyyy and myself (Samfries_Taranoc), which covers the “wildlife” of the South Gondor island of Tolfalas in an Attenborough-esque romp through the fields of that balmy isle, but with a comedic twist… Our first three episodes (at the time of writing) have done well, covering the marshes and beaches, as well as an overview in the pilot, and if your interest has been piqued, episode four will happens at 5pm BST on Mondays, or 7pm Tuesdays, depending on which of us is hosting.

~ Closing Statement ~

Sorry for such a short edition everyone, but with the summer holidays in full swing many people are absent from the times team and the summer events have started so we all have lots to look forward too. *including the build contest if anyone wants to get a plot contact me @superlolster on discord!*

So here is an inspirational quote from our beloved Tolkien,which fits with the summer events :p

“Never laugh at live dragons”

RF5BYJgbRU80oSyq0NtKStSg8GiUqC_dR9KqhPDpv_nRcFhwnv4H-0UbtnMKsuvPA35rhofQC7RgeJCEDIUS-C7fZGdiGpXTdEkACGe3C5xtNTZpy_nl9JhJMBjC6wEdl7iPAoRG

R1Zto2pTIP87ZxLRHARq68mfQFtPE4XwJ_5p_URZ_Z-mj4nUU8qghHPprXJRWv0Nw-CZrgMcL1XwA19BXWjOFgFozK9k2uCZzsSWEkNiR9-7LmxiSfHXsjLs_nSma5fxUnThUFVZ

The Official MCME Times
mcmiddleearth.com

im starting to get titled by the summer event banner, The fact that we are using a paint edited printscreen of the pixelart used as a preview instead of a properly exported work, so you have the cursor somewhere around the middle and a weird bar down at the bottom x.x

im starting to get titled by the summer event banner, The fact that we are using a paint edited printscreen of the pixelart used as a preview instead of a properly exported work, so you have the cursor somewhere around the middle and a weird bar down at the bottom x.x
It's what we were given D: Will follow up.