• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Cancelled The Mouths of Entwash

Status
Not open for further replies.

barteldvn

Head of Building
Staff member
Vala
Supporter
Credits
XP
The mouths of Entwash: discussion thread

This thread is to explain how I would go about doing this project hopefully rather quickly.

My plan is to use an image of a real delta and use that as a layout. I'd import this image using the built-in feature in FAWE.

Then I'd obviously get rid of the parts I don't need and simplify the blocks in the image.

After this I'll go around, raise the terrain and start doing the vegetation.
This project will be done with world edit/voxel for 95% of the work as it's only terrain and vegetation.

Update:
After a lot of testing, weaking and with the help of @Eriol_Eandur, I have imported a final layout for the delta on the dev server.

I will now prepare the terrain on the main server, since the delta is a lot bigger than I anticipated at first, and then import the layout as a schematic.
Mind you this layout shown here will still require some tweaks that'll be done on the main server after importing it.

Last edited:
My only issue is that the picture seems to show a maritime delta not an inland delta. I think shapes in the right half are influenced by tidal effects. But I think it would work great if you use the left part only. Also would match perfectly with shape of River Anduin:

I believe the river sources NE of the mouth of the Entwash that flow into Nindalf from Emyn Muil were never finished either as part of Tyr's original project. Perhaps you should consider including that in your project as it would be a relatively quick fix? (alternatively this could be part of the dead marshes eventually)

Last edited:
Update! You can find the final layout of the delta in the main post. I'll make another update soon with a concept of the vegetation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.