• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The New MCME Times~ [16/6/19]

Scorching Summers Heat

It may be hot but progression hasn't slowed a bit on MCME

OUaXcww3_6NW2vEy3AYOj6917IBqCgqqRxLDoJDHGGnW2p4B7nOdWOLCP_VmKYPQvMvsWSP-MnR_jXvG4CM0FJnm7Mz-47EPy6h3bnsms1hB8kzJY0qdehW5cmsnvkJegEaptJ_E

Editor's Note by Soarz

Progress hasn’t stopped over the last few weeks, and with school and testing being done we are starting new projects. Many things are coming up and everyone is super excited. We have summer events, new jobs, and fantastic theme builds to look forward to over the next few months.

~ Project Progress ~

Andrast - Lead: @jacenpeter | In Progress

Report byMonster_Duck

There have been some beautiful plant life added to Andrast in these past two weeks, and Andrast is as beautiful as ever!

Anorien – Lead: @Oberanio | In Progress

Report by _Lord_Of_Squids_

Pretty good progress in Anorien, fields around Dol Caranthan are being started and Lindolas is planning a village. Terrain is getting done slowly but surely around Osgiliath.

Belfalas – Lead: @Darki , @barteldvn | In Progress

Report by Jonatanknalle

We are currently still waiting on the 1.13 update to start finishing belfalas.

Mordor – Lead: @BWOT | In progress

Report by Totigonzales

Same as last time:
Due to changes in leadership and a busy transition period the development on the Mordor project has been halted. Nevertheless @Eriol_Eandur has been putting insane amounts of work into updating the server to Minecraft version 1.13 which plays a big role in the progress on this particular project. Once the update has happened our entire development efforts will go towards getting the Mordor Resource Pack to a build ready stage. If anyone would be interested in helping out with texture making, I (TotiGonzales) have started putting together a team to tackle this massive undertaking. Feel free to contact me per pm either on the forums or on discord.

Moria – Lead: @barteldvn | In progress

Report by NicovicTheSixth

So in these past weeks there have been a few fun developments in Moria, the most commendable is Blockfants progress on the Great Mines, it will be the largest project of Moria most probably. Furthermore there was also some nice work in the traders hall underneath 21st, DoctorDaom and a few had made a new house design! Also there are new textures being made for Moria by NicovicTheSixth, so be sure to check them out as they get released in the Textures section of the Forums.

Osgiliath Vegetation – Lead: @ooitsbirdo | In progress

Report by _Lord_Of_Squids_

Good progress going on in Osgiliath with camp areas and lots of vegetation being completed, and trees as well. Ooits is working hard to spice things up.

~ Texture Development ~

Report by Eriol

Update our resource packs to mc 1.13

No changes during the last two weeks here.

RP update status (on hold, in progress, finished):

Lothlorien

Rohan

Eriador

Dwarven (Moria)

Gondor 2
(old Gondor will not be updated)

Mordor

Dwarven

~ Plug-in Development ~

Report by Eriol

Update MCME to mc 1.13

Not much progress as well unfortunately. I’m busy with real life and some super secret project for Toti.
WorldEdit 7 for 1.13 is finally out we might want to have a look at it as FAWE for 1.13 is still heavily bugged.

Spigot Server:

Spigot development server for 1.13.1 is ready to use. :)

External Plugins:

no information searched yet: -none-

no version for 1.13 available yet:
-none-

1.13 version found but not tested: :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

1.13 version crashes or is bugged: o_Oo_Oo_O

1.13 version tested and working fine: :):):):):):):):)

MCME Plugin Status

not yet tested with 1.13: -none-

1.13 update in progress :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

tested and working fine :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

~ General Announcements ~

Become a Donor

Hey guys! As usual, we need donations to keep the server running, so please help out if you can!

https://www.mcmiddleearth.com/donate/community-costs.1/campaign

Our Donors

• Nightdusk

#MCMEdoesnotrunitself

#NEWS

Moria Halls:

Nic has been working hard documenting nearly every hall built and planned!

More Moria:

Lots of stuff being finished their, like the apartments and ore storage.

D Day:

June 6th marked the 75th anniversary of the largest seaborne invasion in history.

Almost officially summer!:

The summer solstice and longest day of the year will be on June 21st.

Exams:

Exams are finally coming to a close for most people!

Discord Nitro:

Using Nitro to boost the discord server will give us all cool perks!

Fathers Day:

Tomorrow is fathers day! Thank you to all of our wonderful dads!

~ Rank Updates ~

Report byMonster_Duck/Jonatanknalle

RVB_Legend: Good luck filling Toti’s shoes. We here at the times are confident you will have no trouble creating better screenshots than Toti….. ha ha ha…….
Promotion

Ryttyr: Artist promotion. We are very glad to see Ryttyr return, I can’t wait to see what new things he makes for our server! Hope your internet is fixed now. :p

Odin___: Artist Promotion. Welcome to the build team Odin, i'm sure you will do a great job building on the server with the rest of the team. Good luck in Moria!

Julius_The_Great: Julius_The_Demoted.

Thijs1801: welcome back to artist Thijs, im sure a lot of us have missed having you around. Maybe we can start on the next DA now?

~ Interviews ~

We have had two intwerviews for this edition. One meeting the regulars with @Jonatanknalle (sorry, I didn't have enough time to interview someone else) and the first impressions interview with @Duke0fwellingt0n.

Interview with Jonatanknalle

Question 1. How did you find MCME?

As many others I come from the Keralis video back in april 2018, I was chocked by the level of creativity and detail and I made sure to join as soon as I had the chance and I have stayed here since.

Question 2. What was your experience like as an Adventurer?

I would like to tell it from two prespectives.
1. The foreman prespective:
-Meaningless Adventurer: Give job! Give job! Give job!
2. From my prespective it was a really nice time, mainly switching between building themebuilds and participating in jobs (thankfully there were a lot of jobs back then to feed our hungry building senses) and having a lot of questions. The jobs were great and I loved every second of them, except those old Lag Amroth sewers *starts shivering*. I think I got commoner roughly one week after I joined and that's when I applied for artist.

Question 3. What made you want to become an Assistant?

In fact I always wanted to become a Designer at first but after the assistant/lead builder rank was introduced that changed. Although Designer also seemed fun assistant felt more like a thing for me, the role they have in the community is something I always found appealing.

Question 4. What is your favourite thing about being a Assisant?

This is a hard question surely. There are many things I like with my rank in helping the server to move forward. Of all these tasks I think the one I enjoy the most is taking care of application, it's just something with it I like. Of course I love building too and it has always been my motivation; to have fun, which I do while building.

Question 5. What is your favourite place on MCME?

I have many! Gondor in general is very nice, the level of detail is unmatched on MCME with the exception of Moria. In gondor my favourites would probably be Dol Amroth, Methrast, Anfalas and of course Minas Tirith! Moria is of course also awesome but I have never been too much of a fan of it lore-wise.

Question 6. Who is your favourite character from Tolkien's legendarium?

I have loads of them, some of them are; Finrod, Fingolfin, Tom Bombadil, Gil-Galad, Cirdan, Aragorn and Boromir. But I want to talk about one of the more underrated characters in the legendarium, Glorfindel. Glorfindel isn't just a normal elf who helps frodo and his company to rivendell, he is one of the few elves in middle earth who have seen the light of the two trees. He also played a key part in many events such as the fall of gondolin where he fought valiantly and when they were attacked by a balrog during the escape he fought the balrog alone (he killed a balrog!!!) but died along with it. Although thanks to his noble acts before his death he spent little time in the halls of Mandos and when he was reincarnated he was given powers almost comparable to a maia. He is such a noble and goodhearted character who treats the people around him with such respect its hard not to like him.

First Impressions Interview

By Jonatanknalle

Now comes the interview with @Duke0fwellingt0n!

Question 1. How did you find MCME?

I saw a video from ibxtoycat talking about a server for a real earth server with a map of the world, this didn't share the IP so I looked up "minecraft earth server" and found a video from Keralis showing this server.

Question 2: What were your impressions of the community on the server when you first joined?

When I first joined immediately the community was a lot more friendly and open to everyone than most servers. Staff members would say hello to people who joined, and be happy to talk. This is unlike most servers where ranks seem very separated and you almost never even speak a word to the staff.

Question 3: What was your impression of our finished projects; Minas Tirith and the Shire?

One of the first build that I went to was Minas Tirith, It was amazing and had hundreds of interiors each furnished and still amazing. Most maps that you download may be a map of Minas Tirith alone and still not have that much detail. This server had better individual builds even though it had to build all of Middle Earth rather than just one structure. The scale and detail of everything is due to plots and jobs, as said before the community is a lot more open and friendly allowing anyone to help and get huge tasks done still with the touch and thought of a human at every room. You can really see that the detail and progressions as long as the use of many custom blocks in newer RPs has improved the style that can be put into builds, Moria is a good example of this with many small items not even possible without the use of custom textures and completely new shapes.

Question 4: What was your impression of our current projects such as Belfalas and Moria?

begins at "you can really see the detail and progressions"

Question 5: Have you built anything yet on this server, whether its a Theme Build or Job?

Yes, I have tried to build as much as a can and often monitor the discord to hop on and help on any task even one as simple as a path however, I am most proud of some of the individual build I did and larger tasks such as ruining a bridge in Moria and building a complete house, given just a blank hole in Moria.

Question 6: Who is your favorite MCME member that you’ve met so far?

This is really hard, NicovicTheSixth will have to go at the top though. Nic has been really friendly and really generous in Moria in giving me many task. Although I am not one yet, he treats me like an artist and trust me to do builds. In-fact he gives many commoners tasks to do and has persuaded me to Join in Moria even when I used to prefer Gondor and the rest of the world in the open.

Question 7: Which is your favourite build you have seen so far?

my favourite build would have to be Moria, while incomplete in many areas the places that are complete are quite amazing. Even the huge halls that go on for thousands of blocks still remain detailed and interesting, but the best parts are the small and insignificant rooms. Hundreds of rooms most players won't step a foot into have so much work put into each one. I have flown around for literal days (acual ingame time) and still find wings with dozens of halls and places each filled with stuff.

Thank you again Text Example

~ Winners of Week ~

MEDIA OF THE WEEK:

The last two weeks, we’ve seen more magnificent screenshots by many players, including, and limited to, the Lord of the Squids, Mithril, Bart, Xmine and Toti. Thank you for taking the time to capture the server.

Popular screenshot subjects are recent areas in Gondor, such as Andrast and Anorien. However, MCME has a lot more areas. I would love to see people capturing the vast halls of Moria, or the windy fields of Rohan.

THEME-BUILD OF THE WEEK:

These last two weeks the amount of completed theme-builds was somewhat low: only one theme-build was completed. The theme was ‘The Black Gate’. There are many promising plannings however, so please finish them! Concepts for the upcoming Mordor project are very welcome!

And of course congratulations to the man who finished his theme-build: MagicElixir51!

~ Lore of the Week ~

Gil-galad was an Elven-king:

“Gil-galad was an Elven-king.

Of him the harpers sadly sing;

the last whose realm was fair and free

between the Mountains and the Sea.

His sword was long, his lance was keen.

His shining helm afar was seen;

the countless stars of heaven's field

were mirrored in his silver shield.

But long ago he rode away,

and where he dwelleth none can say;

for into darkness fell his star

in Mordor where the shadows are.”

The poem is told by Samwise Gamgee in “The Fellowship of The Ring”.

But first who was Gil-galad? Gil-galad was the sixth and last high king of the Noldor.

Gil-galad’s exact birth date is not told but it was around 450 of the First Age. But it is known that Gil-galad was still a child during the events of “Dagor Bragollach”.

He comes from the great house of Fingolfin.

It is known that as a child, during the time when Morgoth broke the Siege of Angband, Gil-galad was sent to the Havens of the Falas by his parents for protection. Although the Pass of Sirion was open to the hosts of Morgoth they were held back by the mighty realms of Hithlum and Nargothrond. After the events of Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Morgoth broke through the realm of Hithlum and the ports of the Havens of the Falas were destroyed by the hosts Morgoth. Yet, Círdan, Gil-galad and many other elves were able to escape with fast boats that were at the harbour. and they went for refuge at the Isle of Balar and created a small Haven in the Mouths of Sirion.

At the time, Fingon High King of the Noldor was slain in battle by Morgoth, so the crown passed to his brother Turgon who was in Gondolin. When Gondolin fell by the hand of Morgoth, the kingship passed on to Gil-galad and he was the ruler of the Noldor. Gil-galad stayed in Balar until the War of Wrath and the end of the First Age.

During the Second Age, Gil-galad founded a kingdom in Lindon in the far northwest of Middle Earth. Many elves of the Noldor and Sindar joined and followed High King Gil-galad. Though after a few years, the elves split again and went their own ways and migrated to kingdoms in Middle Earth such as Lothlorien.

When the prince of Numenor came to Middle Earth, Gil-galad gave him a note to give to his father; Tar-Meneldur. Where he warned him about the new shadow rising in the east and asked for his aid.

During the Second Age, Sauron rose and disguised as an elf called Anatar, Lord of the gifts. Trying to conceal his true identity he tried to make contact with Gil-galad, but High King Gil-galad did not trust “Anatar” (Sauron) and rejected his gifts. After the forging of the Rings of Power, Sauron revealed his true self and destroyed Eregion. Sauron quickly captured parts of Lindon. While the forces of Elrond could not hold back sauron at Lindon, Elrond and his forces held their ground at Rivendell.

The war raged on and the forces of Numenor came to the shores of Middle Earth to aid King Gil-galad, They arrived at Lindon and pushed back the forces of Sauron.

After the Downfall of Numenor, King Elendil and his sons came to Middle Earth and established the kingdoms of Gondor and Arnor. Gondor was soon attacked by Sauron and Isildur fled Gondor, Elendil’s Second son Anárion stayed and defended Osgiliath. He sailed north to meet with Gil-galad, there the last alliance of Men and Elves was formed.

The War of The Last alliance took place on the slopes of Mount Doom. Ultimately, Sauron was defeated but at the price of two kings. High King Elendil and the last High King of the Noldor Gil-galad, were killed in single combat with the dark lord. In the scroll of Isildur in Minas Tirith, Isildur writes how Gil-galad was killed by the heat of Sauron’s hand. Gil-galad carried a mighty spear called Aeglos.

In other versions of the Legendarium, it is said that Gil-galad is the descendant of Finrod Felagund. Tolkien also mentioned that Gil-galad might be the son of Fingon after decided that Finrod was unmarried thus making it impossible for Gil-galad to be from the line of Finrod.

In the end Tolkien decided to have Gil-galad as the son of Orodreth, who was originally the son of Finfarfin but then changed to be the son of Angrod.

The name Gil-galad in Sindarin means “Star of Bright Light”. According to the notes of Tolkien, he was named this because of the brightness of his eyes.

~ More Media ~

Woop woop. Everyone’s favourite part of the times has returned again! Huzzah! We gotta kick off this with the usual twitter. Be sure to give us a “hello!” at MinecraftMiddleEarth (@MCMiddleEarth) | Twitter . Who knows, Cookies may be involved!

Twitter is not the most popular “social platform”, so for you “yooves” with a trendy Facebook account, try following us there too Minecraft Middle-Earth

But of course, the most important and obviously most used social network is of course Planet Minecraft! Be sure to give us a diamond there. It costs nothing! Minecraft Middle Earth Minecraft Server

(What do you mean Snapchat is more popular than Planet Minecraft of course it isn’t)

~ Advertisements ~

Artist

Ahh yes. We all know the question. “How can I build”. As well as “You can try a theme build” and “You can take part in jobs”, the other answer is “Apply for Artist”, and the last option is by far the most exciting. Being able to build in your favourite places all the time. Sounds awesome. We can never have enough Artists, and with a wide range of current projects, there’s plenty for you to do!
Are you inspired by joining MCME’s main build rank? You can apply for Artist/ today on the forums! The Assistants, Designers and current Artists will work with you and help you on your journey.

Guide

Or perhaps, you’re not a builder. Well. That’s not a problem! Becoming A guide is obviously the better option anyway. As a Guide, you’re the forefront of MCME, and there’s no greater feeling than when someone says your tour was awesome. You don’t actually have to be a lore nerd either, you’ll pick up on lots really quickly.
When you join the Guides, you’ll be giving tours, running minigames and testing players in lore quizzes, or if you prefer less “on the spot” stuff, Guidebooks are obviously your zen, or helping to tell MCME about MCME by writing up articles in the times. You’ll also plan help plan events such as The Summer Events and The Anniversary Events. We hope you join us soon, because us Guides really would love some more of us. What’re you waiting for?
Just click Guide and apply today!

~ Closing Statement ~

That about sums up all that is going on in the community. If you made it this far I hope you had a wonderful time reading this edition. I hope everyone has a great summer and has fun with all MCME has to offer.

Great job for the Times Team, who did what they had to do, great job!

Quote from JRRT

"Short cuts make long delays.”

4wNNln87NRd6ZC7db5VyTWycit18qzXAtYw7VWA2932EiZpH8pneGWYfZj1YRzeYGhTLaQ2vvRDX7XajA-XD2VjV3APb6Ft173bmQ_FHNGNvsXV19BengM1_ezNsvKohzzFtcWq-

The Official MCME Times

mcmiddleearth.com​

Attachments

• 1560708743910.png
    1560708743910.png
    521.1 KB · Views: 332
Last edited: