• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The New MCME Times~ [6/2/19]

The Turn of the Times!
We come back to you now, at the turn of the tide!
OUaXcww3_6NW2vEy3AYOj6917IBqCgqqRxLDoJDHGGnW2p4B7nOdWOLCP_VmKYPQvMvsWSP-MnR_jXvG4CM0FJnm7Mz-47EPy6h3bnsms1hB8kzJY0qdehW5cmsnvkJegEaptJ_E

Editor's Note by Soarz
Hello Fellow MCMER's! It has been a while, so we are proud to announce the return of the MCME Times! There is no doubt that this is a good time for this to happen with BWOT stepping down following Arkengarde's Resignation. They were a big part of MCME for many years and many looked up to them. I thank them both for the time and energy they put into their work on MCME, and hope we can take what they left and move forward. They both worked on the times and set high goals for it, so we aim to do the same and show the community what we can do.

~ Project Progress ~

Andrast - Lead: @jacenpeter | In Progress
Report by Monster_Duck

Although much of Andrast’s work waits for 1.13 to be finished, that is not stopping Jacenpeter. He has recently finished school for the year, making himself useful once more. His demotion to artist in the most recent purge will not stop him from continuing to create wonderful landscapes, and we look forward to more progress from him!

2018-11-10_10.02.36 (1).png

Anorien – Lead: @Oberanio | In Progress
Report by _Lord_Of_Squids_

There are a couple sections that need terrain done, and the first section outside Osgiliath has been started with terrain. Once that is all complete, the construction of small forts and towns will begin, although the western section has some of these already.

Anorien (1).png

Belfalas – Lead: @Darki | In Progress
Report by TotiGonzales

Due to its dependence on the 1.13 update there hasn't been much progress here, although Andrew and some other artists have been working on updating Araburg. Other than that there isn't much left to do so we expect to bring this project to an end shortly after the update.

Belfalas (1).png

Dol Amroth – Lead: @dav3ck | FINISHED!
Report by TotiGonzales

As of 05/18/2019 the Dol Amroth project is officially done. The curse has been broken! We owe a big thanks to the people that sacrificed their souls in order to finish this project. It started with @Demonataz, @Eaglz24 and @Thijs1801 who led the previous versions of the city and ended with @dav3ck, who with @TotiGonzales’s help put on the finishing touches. We would like to thank every last worker that ever placed a block in any of the versions this project has had over the past couple of years. The most detailed project in vanilla Minecraft wouldn’t have been possible without your help!

Dol_Amroth.png

Mordor – Lead: @barteldvn | In progress
Report by TotiGonzales

Due to changes in leadership and a busy transition period the development on the Mordor project has been halted. Nevertheless @Eriol_Eandur has been putting insane amounts of work into updating the server to Minecraft version 1.13 which plays a big role in the progress on this particular project. Once the update has happened our entire development efforts will go towards getting the Mordor Resource Pack to a build ready stage. If anyone would be interested in helping out with texture making, I (TotiGonzales) have started putting together a team to tackle this massive undertaking. Feel free to contact me per pm either on the forums or on discord.

1546389571637.png

Moria – Lead: @barteldvn | In progress
Report by NicTheFifth

Moria has had a rough patch recently with lots of questions about leadership and such, but now it luckily is back on track with barteldvn taking over as Head Builder and overall leader of Moria. The Fellowship’s path is still under Patrick_0901 ‘s lead, and a complete hall/cave list was started by NicovicTheSixth.
Furthermore, there is a large amount of progress under DoctorDaom in Durin’s Cross roads a.k.a. the Tomb cave, and RubenPieterMark in some unfinished halls. Lastly we have a few of additional artists helping out, thanks to the recent promotions. Kudos to Mithrilled and xImRush as they have completed their first halls in Moria!!!

Moria.png

Osgiliath Vegetation – Lead: @ooitsbirdo | In progress
Report by _Lord_Of_Squids_

Progress is going good, thank you FoolhardyFish for that trial job. With the help of Oberanio there now is a plan of action regarding the 3rd section. We have split it in 3 areas which RVB_Legend, Andrewpioneer and FoolhardyFish will lead. There will be plot builds for the houses announced through the Job List forums soon. Normal jobs will also be available for detailing the streets. Most jobs entitle the addition of vegetation to the once great city. The city was previously destroyed and should look overgrown and so our team of builders in Osgiliath are working diligently on that.

Osgiliath.png

~ Texture Development ~
Report by Eriol

Update our resource packs to mc 1.13
1.13 versions of all packs are available, though they are probably still quite derpy.

RP update status (on hold, in progress, finished):
Lothlorien
Rohan
Eriador
Dwarven (Moria)
Gondor 2
(old Gondor will not be updated)
Mordor

~ Plug-in Development ~
Report by Eriol

Update MCME to mc 1.13
All MCME plugins have been updated and tested. Most 3rd party plugins are available for 1.13, though some still have some more or less bad derps. FAWE is currently the most serious concern.
We did a full world conversion test in April, and unfortunately there were a lot of problems with our custom blocks. The current plan is to replace all problematic blocks with unused blocks (like command blocks) and replace them back after the conversion. I spent some weeks on the required block replacement plugin for 1.13, and It’s now being tested. I’ll prepare a new world conversion test asap.
We are getting closer (I know I said this in April too :p).

Spigot Server:
Spigot development server for 1.13.1 is ready to use. :D

External Plugins:
no information searched yet: -none-
no version for 1.13 available yet:
-none-
1.13 version found but not tested: :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:
1.13 version crashes or is bugged: o_Oo_Oo_O
1.13 version tested and working fine: :):):):):):):):)

MCME Plugin Status

not yet tested with 1.13: -none-
1.13 update in progress :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
tested and working fine :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

~ General Announcements ~

Become a Donor
Hey guys! As usual, we need donations to keep the server running, so please help out if you can!
https://www.mcmiddleearth.com/donate/community-costs.1/campaign

Our Donors
  • Ferrius94
  • Monster_Duck
  • Nightdusk
  • Rhrim_
  • Eriol_Eandur
  • q220
#MCMEdoesnotrunitself

#NEWS
New Leadership:

BWOT stepped down, and TotiGonzales and barteldvn have become the new head builders.
The Times:
The Times are back!
Lothlorien:
NicovicTheSixth did a trial tour of the golden wood!
Confusing Roles:
The head builder role has been split in two, with each having different duties. More is explained in BWOT's post!
Exams:
Finally! Exams are almost over for most people, and summer is about to begin!

~ Rank Updates ~
Report by TotiGonzales

BWOT: Last week we experienced our Head Builder resign, which was a big shock for many of us. We want to thank him for taking care of us over the last year. We will definitely miss you and we hope to see you come back someday.
Resignation

Despot666: It’s definitely sad to see Despot leave. To those who don’t know, Despot was one of the people that put a lot of time in planning the current Moria. The legend says he’ll come back when Moria is finished. So let's get on it!
Resignation

Jacenpeter: Another hard resignation. Jacen has been a designer and a great community member for a long time. He decided to step down to Artist so I hope we’ll keep seeing great work from him in Andrast.
Resignation

Tyranystrasz: We see yet another old member resigning. We have to thank Tyran for his amazing terrain work, especially in Mordor. We hope to see you again soon.
Resignation

Wroxxite: Wrox is also one of our older members and we are very sorry to see him leave. Thanks for all the work you put into MCME!
Resignation

MaDReD: With the recent purge we unfortunately saw the demotion of one of our oldest members. Mad has been around for such a long time you can trace him back to some of the first videos posted on the YouTube channel. We would like to thank him for his work as an enforcer and a staff member!
Resignation

superlolster: Unfortunately super had to leave again shortly after coming back a couple of months ago. We shall not forget how she helped us organize our documents. We hope to see you coming back one day super!
Resignation

The following list contains purge demotions but also some people that resigned since the last times edition. The fact that I couldn't tell you much about most of them does not reflect the importance of their work on MCME. We are grateful for every block placed and every tour and minigame held by each and every one of you!

Artale Resignation
Emparra Resignation
mapthor Resignation
LegoCellist Resignation
mattlego Resignation
Milarwen Resignation
chuckie001 Resignation
Kjolsen Resignation
Ma5 Resignation
thijs1801 Resignation
VMark5 Resignation
Volcrest Resignation
YourDearKing Resignation

Promotions in alphabetical order from the time frame 21/01/2019 - 31/05/2019:
TotiGonzales Valar/Head Builder Promotion
Barteldvn Valar/Head Builder Promotion
Andrewpioneer: Artist and then Foreman. Promotion
FoolhardyFish: Artist and then Foreman. Promotion
Jonatanknalle: Designer and then Assistant. Promotion
Julius_The_Great: Artist. Promotion
_Lord_Of_Squids_: Guide. Promotion
_Luk: Artist. Promotion
Mithrilled: Artist. Promotion
Monster_Duck: Artist. Promotion
NicovicTheSixth: Artist and then Foreman. Promotion
Oberanio: Designer. Promotion
Rhrim_: Guide. Promotion
RVB_Legend: Artist and then Foreman. Promotion
Smaug_Niphredil: Assistant. Promotion
Soarz: Guide. Promotion
TeamPalladian: Artist. Promotion
xImRush: Artist. Promotion
xXThe12thXx: Artist. Promotion
Ivan1pl Designer Promotion
VMark5
Artist Promotion
~ Interviews ~

We got the chance to talk to BWOT about his thought on MCME and his time here.
Interview with @BWOT

Question 1.What is your favorite event this server has had?
Last year’s summer events. All the new people from Keralis’ tour made it so hectic and awesome.

Question 2. When you joined as a droog, who was the first person you remember interacting with you?
Finrod was the first person to welcome me. Brazenhelm was first to talk to me about getting artist. My first job was with Thomas and Thijs at Coaldael. We were supposed to mine tunnels with pickaxes, but I made a garden instead.

Question 3. If you could get one old player to return who would it be??
Finrod, he was a great mentor and we had very similar ideas so I would enjoy him coming back to build.

Question 4. What is your most impressive MCME build?
I really like the MCME theatre.

Question 5. What are the most important traits of a builder?
Their attitude, willingness to learn, ability to take criticism, and working well as a team.

Question 6.which of your memories on MCME have been your favorite?
Hard to choose one, but my artist promotion, summer survival and great voice chat conversations are up at the top.

Interviewer: Monster_Duck

~ Winners of “The Week” ~
So we got some good ones as always. Make sure you show some special recognition towards the winners of the week! They’ve presented exemplary displays of our server’s creative potential! Give a hand to these winners!

MEDIA OF THE PAST MONTHS:
Since this edition is the first Times in 5 months, it would be unfair to pick only one screenshot. There have been lots of great screenshots and renders taken by the community since the last Times, so I chose to pick the best media for every month from 2019, including a few honorable mentions.
Apart from Toti's continuous stream of fly screenshots and Bart's, Lindo's, Jonatans and Raffy's well-known media, we had the pleasure of finding new photographers. @_Lord_Of_Squids_, @Harran and @Xmine01 surprised us with some very fine screenshots.

~ Lore of the Week ~
A small king:
As a few of you might know, there are several different dwarven kingdoms. One of these was Nogrod. Nogrod was one of the two kingdoms in the Blue Mountains and had quite an interesting king during the beginning of the first age. The king I am talking about is Naugladur, who got manipulated by Ulfedhin the Noldo to attack and sack Menegroth. This happened during the end of the First Age, when Nauglamir was made. Nauglamir was a necklace that contained one of the Silmarils. The dwarves working on Nauglamir killed the elves with which they were working with and tried to flee with it, however they failed and only two were able to return to Nogrod. Afterwards, the dwarves planned an assault on Menegroth. It was fully sacked and they were almost successful in returning to Nogrod, if not for Beren, who heard of their attack and ambushed the dwarves after they returned from a destroyed Menegroth with Nauglamir. During this ambush Naugladur got killed as did many of the dwarves. Sadly this caused the feud between dwarves and elves that lasted thousands of years.

~ More Media ~

Woop woop. Everyone’s favourite part of the times has returned again! Huzzah! We gotta kick off this with the usual twitter. Be sure to give us a “hello!” at MinecraftMiddleEarth (@MCMiddleEarth) | Twitter . Who knows, Cookies may be involved!

Twitter is not the most popular “social platform”, so for you “yooves” with a trendy Facebook account, try following us there too Minecraft Middle-Earth

But of course, the most important and obviously most used social network is of course Planet Minecraft! Be sure to give us a diamond there. It costs nothing! Minecraft Middle Earth Minecraft Server

(What do you mean Snapchat is more popular than Planet Minecraft of course it isn’t)

~ Closing Statement ~

That was a good deal of information to take in and catch up on. It will get easier to produce more information in the future. so please be patient with us while we get back into the swing of things. Thank you to everyone in the community for being patient with all the changes happening with the leadership and with the times starting back up. I hope this will be the best year ever, and I also hope to bring the community together further to make MCME the best server out there!

Great job for the Times Team, who did what they had to do, great job!

Quote from JRRT

“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. ”

4wNNln87NRd6ZC7db5VyTWycit18qzXAtYw7VWA2932EiZpH8pneGWYfZj1YRzeYGhTLaQ2vvRDX7XajA-XD2VjV3APb6Ft173bmQ_FHNGNvsXV19BengM1_ezNsvKohzzFtcWq-

The Official MCME Times

mcmiddleearth.com

Attachments

• Andrast.png
    Andrast.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 438
  • Anorien.png
    Anorien.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 414
  • Belfalas.png
    Belfalas.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 438