• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

the Powers of MCME

NelmanBlack

Guide
Guide
Supporter
Credits
XP
Due to the fact that there are 13 (14) Valar in the Legendarium it would be cool to represent that within MCME. Whether it is structured to each of the teams having a head leader, like most already do with Head Builder and Head Guide but expanding to make the 13.

This is a thought that has been on my mind for a very long time and would be pretty cool in relation to MCME being a Tolkien server. So about time I shared huh? With my research into Aman I had experimented with each team being connected to each Valar like a patron but not all of them fit nicely.

I am aware of the issues of restructuring and giving people power that don't need/deserve/require it but ultimately gives a voice to each Team Lead/Manager, while we could introduce the 'Aratar' role for the 'main' Admin members that we know now to actually have 'Valar' permissions. Also there are some Valar at the moment that have multiple "Valar roles" as well as Head Builder being a blanket for Artist, Designer and Foreman

With a little thought there is a couple roles that could be added:
- Artists​
- Guide​
- Foreman
- Manager​
- Designer​
- Moderator​
- Developer​
- Video/Media​
- Texture​
- Music​
- Commoner​

Last edited:
Clarify to me if you mean this to be a serious suggestion or if you're doing this just because

It has its use in clarifying the leaders of each team on the server for some and is practically a way to bring the teams that have less say on the server to the forefront publicly and privately.

In some ways it is just because but thought it interesting enough to talk about even if it is not implemented

Well just a couple notes
- I don't see why builders should be split up as they already have a vala for them (two even)
- managers are quite diverse in the fields they cover so it would be difficult to get someone to be their vala
- texturers already have a vala: Toti, who if I'm not mistaken also does media and video stuff, so all these roles are represented by a vala
- I get a headache just thinking of a vala for commoners (how would one be selected, what would their duties be and why would a role with no official duties need a vala)

You made a suggestion of having like two different ranks of valar (aratar and valar) it just sounds like you want the valar to become aratar and the managers valar. So this is just a cosmetic change for no real good reason imo. For example: Juno is laeding the music team, so according to you he would be made a valar while already holding a staff position.

Also creating so many valar seems to me to just create a situation where some duties will overlap and just cause confusion.

Well just a couple notes
- I don't see why builders should be split up as they already have a vala for them (two even)
- managers are quite diverse in the fields they cover so it would be difficult to get someone to be their vala
- texturers already have a vala: Toti, who if I'm not mistaken also does media and video stuff, so all these roles are represented by a vala
- I get a headache just thinking of a vala for commoners (how would one be selected, what would their duties be and why would a role with no official duties need a vala)

You made a suggestion of having like two different ranks of valar (aratar and valar) it just sounds like you want the valar to become aratar and the managers valar. So this is just a cosmetic change for no real good reason imo. For example: Juno is laeding the music team, so according to you he would be made a valar while already holding a staff position.

Also creating so many valar seems to me to just create a situation where some duties will overlap and just cause confusion.
Stephen for head commoner

Well just a couple notes

i cant wait to be valar of the animations team :)

Due to the fact that there are 13 (14) Valar in the Legendarium it would be cool to represent that within MCME. Whether it is structured to each of the teams having a head leader, like most already do with Head Builder and Head Guide but expanding to make the 13.

This is a thought that has been on my mind for a very long time and would be pretty cool in relation to MCME being a Tolkien server. So about time I shared huh? With my research into Aman I had experimented with each team being connected to each Valar like a patron but not all of them fit nicely.

I am aware of the issues of restructuring and giving people power that don't need/deserve/require it but ultimately gives a voice to each Team Lead/Manager, while we could introduce the 'Aratar' role for the 'main' Admin members that we know now to actually have 'Valar' permissions. Also there are some Valar at the moment that have multiple "Valar roles" as well as Head Builder being a blanket for Artist, Designer and Foreman

With a little thought there is a couple roles that could be added:
- Artists​
- Guide​
- Foreman​
- Manager​
- Designer​
- Moderator​
- Developer​
- Video/Media​
- Texture​
- Music​
- Common​

Im confused but also good idea, instead this being a rank though it could be a badge since these people might have less to do since its divided up a lot

if we had a valar for each role we would have no team members left
They wouldn’t have to be valars they could just be “team leads” that organize and plan for the different teams, but they don’t handle as many things as the valars do, that’s why it could be a badge

They wouldn’t have to be valars they could just be “team leads” that organize and plan for the different teams, but they don’t handle as many things as the valars do, that’s why it could be a badge
There literally is no reason for a badge here. There are no added perms needed that would be global over all the teams. The badge would serve next to no purpose for whatever it's already fulfilling without its existence. also, most of these separate teams are already managed by their respected valar, designer, or manager (staff ranks).

There literally is no reason for a badge here. There are no added perms needed that would be global over all the teams. The badge would serve next to no purpose for whatever it's already fulfilling without its existence. also, most of these separate teams are already managed by their respected valar, designer, or manager (staff ranks).
Right so it could be a sub-badge
And then there could be the foreman team lead and they could be like “Hey who wants to do a job on this area”

Also why does there have to be designers if there are two head builder and there should be a head texturer rank

Last edited:
Right so it could be a sub-badge
And then there could be the foreman team lead and they could be like “Hey who wants to do a job on this area”

Also why does there have to be designers if there are two head builder and there should be a head texturer rank
we don't need sub-badges, just sounds like a waste of time to make for little to no benefit to add.
the foremen team lead is the head builder. and jobs are project specific.
The designers generally lead or support projects, and are generally always involved as a project lead, doing the major planning and designing of areas, the layout, the style which is going to be used for that area.
the foremen tend to assist the project leads by running plots and jobs, and individual building.
the artist assist the project leads to by doing individual building.

we don't need sub-badges, just sounds like a waste of time to make for little to no benefit to add.
the foremen team lead is the head builder. and jobs are project specific.
The designers generally lead or support projects, and are generally always involved as a project lead, doing the major planning and designing of areas, the layout, the style which is going to be used for that area.
the foremen tend to assist the project leads by running plots and jobs, and individual building.
the artist assist the project leads to by doing individual building.

True, it doesn’t make sense for this, but what about a sub-badge for a history badge

True, it doesn’t make sense for this, but what about a sub-badge for a history badge
what.gif

Guys, I've figured out how we achieve world peace, solve world hunger, poverty and human division.

Step 1: Make a sub-badge
Step 2: ?????
Step 3: Profit

Good idea, sub badges will indeed draw more people into the community, keep them active, produce more donors, and then when there are thousands of dollars donated every month some of it can go to help solve world hunger, poverty, and human division! I like it.