• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

the Powers of MCME

NelmanBlack

Guide
Guide
Supporter
Credits
XP
Due to the fact that there are 13 (14) Valar in the Legendarium it would be cool to represent that within MCME. Whether it is structured to each of the teams having a head leader, like most already do with Head Builder and Head Guide but expanding to make the 13.

This is a thought that has been on my mind for a very long time and would be pretty cool in relation to MCME being a Tolkien server. So about time I shared huh? With my research into Aman I had experimented with each team being connected to each Valar like a patron but not all of them fit nicely.

I am aware of the issues of restructuring and giving people power that don't need/deserve/require it but ultimately gives a voice to each Team Lead/Manager, while we could introduce the 'Aratar' role for the 'main' Admin members that we know now to actually have 'Valar' permissions. Also there are some Valar at the moment that have multiple "Valar roles" as well as Head Builder being a blanket for Artist, Designer and Foreman

With a little thought there is a couple roles that could be added:
- Artists​
- Guide​
- Foreman
- Manager​
- Designer​
- Moderator​
- Developer​
- Video/Media​
- Texture​
- Music​
- Commoner​

Last edited:
Stephen for head commoner
How can he be head commoner when he's already busy being head guide?

(PS: Don't forget about the 14th vala. There's a couple good contenders for that position...)

Last edited:
Regarding the actual idea (as though everyone else hasn't shot it down sufficiently):
In my opinion if you just have 13 valar or even 13 people split among two admin ranks it will be an overlooked side note that the number matches the Valar. It will just seem like a lot of bureaucracy with a ton of upper management.
Meanwhile, if you were to give them each the actual name of a vala that aligned with the role, it would add unnecessary confusion about what people actually do. There's a reason they got rid of half of the 2012 "lore-immersive" rank names.

True, it doesn’t make sense for this, but what about a sub-badge for a history badge
Discussion of this would probably be taking the thread into off-topic territory. This thread is meant to be a discussion about the concept of having more Valar for team leadership, but now you are taking the liberty of opening discussion on the concept of a sub-badge for "history" (which sounds like the veteran badge joke to me, except now in a thread that it doesn't belong in). If you have somehow found more to say on that after the thread for it has been locked, perhaps it would work best in a new thread instead of here.

The only other thing I would have to say, apart from getting torn to shreds, is that this was in no way me suggesting this in thinking that it was needed. Also in for the comment of us not be role play enough for it to be considered we already have roles named Valar and used to have Rangers, Bounders etc. So I just ultimately figured it could be something interesting to put forward, rather than say it is needed for the server to run properly.

But you guys ran with it so....

I agree with this suggestion! :)
I’m glad someone agrees
Discussion of this would probably be taking the thread into off-topic territory. This thread is meant to be a discussion about the concept of having more Valar for team leadership, but now you are taking the liberty of opening discussion on the concept of a sub-badge for "history" (which sounds like the veteran badge joke to me, except now in a thread that it doesn't belong in). If you have somehow found more to say on that after the thread for it has been locked, perhaps it would work best in a new thread instead of here.
Yes, but sending one message about it while responding to someone else isnt “discussing“ it, the topic came up so… besides, this is much different than a veteran badge but ok

Last edited:
Yes hello, moderator team checking in.
Please keep the conversation to the topic at hand. Green, if you'd like to propose sub-badges, please start your own suggestion thread.

Let's keep this one on topic. I'll start removing off-topic comments from here.

Thanks <3