• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

The Serbian History Appreciation Thread

Raffyyy

Hardcore MCME-er
Credits
XP
Serbian History is cool. Why look at boring British monarchs or American stuff when you can venture into the realms of saints on the run, the ottoman empire and a fusion of Greek, Eastern European and italian ideas.

Remember to keep inside the ToS. No politics. Just facts :)

Discuss your favourite subject, and don't tell me it isn't, here! :D

Especially for @Greenleaf1234

Last edited:
Here's some cool facts I found out about Serbia and it's history.

1. 8 Roman rulers were born in this country - it accounts for a fifth of all Roman emperors, more than any other nation!
  2. The word "vampire" originally comes from the Serbian word "Vampir". The first vampire documented was not Dracula, it was a guy called Petar Blagojević, who was recorded in 1725.
  3. Serbians too played a major role in the first moon landing.
  4. For 500 years Serbia was ruled by the Ottoman Empire.
  5. The Serbs started making clocks almost 600 years before the Swiss took over the industry heavily and made their name worldwide.
  6. Ivo Andric is the only Nobel Prize winner from Serbia. He won the award for literature in 1961.
  7. The Serbian army broke the Thessaloniki front in a mere 18 days. Other armies, including the British, Italian, Greek and French, also attempted the task, but were not able to do it, even in months.
  8. The Serbian Royal Family have ties with both the British Royal Family and the Greek Royal Family.
  9. The first ever satellite video transmission between Europe and North America in 1963 was a picture of an Angel on top or a Serbian Monastery.
  10. There has been a settlement at Belgrade, now Serbia's Capital City, since circa the Third Century BC. It was a celtic settlement.

Here's some cool facts I found out about Serbia and it's history.

1. 8 Roman rulers were born in this country - it accounts for a fifth of all Roman emperors, more than any other nation!
  2. The word "vampire" originally comes from the Serbian word "Vampir". The first vampire documented was not Dracula, it was a guy called Petar Blagojević, who was recorded in 1725.
  3. Serbians too played a major role in the first moon landing.
  4. For 500 years Serbia was ruled by the Ottoman Empire.
  5. The Serbs started making clocks almost 600 years before the Swiss took over the industry heavily and made their name worldwide.
  6. Ivo Andric is the only Nobel Prize winner from Serbia. He won the award for literature in 1961.
  7. The Serbian army broke the Thessaloniki front in a mere 18 days. Other armies, including the British, Italian, Greek and French, also attempted the task, but were not able to do it, even in months.
  8. The Serbian Royal Family have ties with both the British Royal Family and the Greek Royal Family.
  9. The first ever satellite video transmission between Europe and North America in 1963 was a picture of an Angel on top or a Serbian Monastery.
  10. There has been a settlement at Belgrade, now Serbia's Capital City, since circa the Third Century BC. It was a celtic settlement.
Just gotta correct you on 9. The angel is fresco in a Serbian monastery (i can't remember its name)

Serbian History is cool. Why look at boring British monarchs or American stuff when you can venture into the realms of saints on the run, the ottoman empire and a fusion of Greek, Eastern European and italian ideas.

Remember to keep inside the ToS. No politics. Just facts :)

Discuss your favourite subject, and don't tell me it isn't, here! :D

Especially for @Greenleaf1234
Finally

do you have pictures ?

Sarma

posna-sarma.jpg

Ćevapi

cevapi-1 (1).jpg

Pljeskavica

Cu0oqxnVYAEm3VO.jpg

Burek:

Burek_trokut_3.png