• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Canceled TheFro2's Guide Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFro2

Is going on an adventure!
Supporter
Credits
XP
Minecraft Username : TheFro2
Date Joined : 16 November 2010
What country are from / What time do you usually play online: United States / 6pm to 11pm MST (1AM to 6AM UTC) Mon - Fri ; 11AM to 11PM MST (6PM to 6AM UTC) Sat - Sun
Are you regularly on our voice communication? Yes
Do you talk on our voice communication? Yes

Why would you like to be a Guide? I try my best to help newcomers to the server. When someone asks a question (mostly how to navigate and get around the server) I provied an answer as soon as I can. I'm fairly active in the chat when I'm online, and I like to think I'm friendly with most folk. I like to leave a good impression with the adventurers so they continue to return to the server and the community. But more importantly, I love seeing newcomers' reactions to the different locations and builds, and I want to help guide them and explore it all.

I briefly had the tour badge during the reunion event in March of 2021, unfortunately I only used it once to lead a small tour of the 2011 map, specifically Old Moria. I'm knowledgeable of older server lore and some Tolkien lore, but I acknowledge I could use some brushing up.

What makes a great Guide according to you? A Guide should be friendly to new players and is genuinely willing to guide them through the server. A Guide can keep the server alive and active even in quiet moments by creating tours, events, and minigames. A Guide should be familiar with book, movie, and server lore. They don't need to memorize the Silmarillion, but they should at least know enough to keep tours interesting and fun. And a Guide should be patient. From the few tours I've seen, getting players together and keeping them grouped up is like herding cats. Being able to consistently focus players' attentions and talk during the tour without losing their interest while also letting them roam about and explore is something I've noticed and respected about Guides.

Last edited:
Hello @TheFro2

Thank you for applying for the rank of Guide.

We are in the process of reviewing your application and discussing it. You may be asked to carry out a trial period. This includes running minigames, tours, it events, some of which will be expected to be ran through voice chat on discord.

We'll get back to you soon. For now, if you have any other queries, please direct them towards myself, or any of the current guides.

Hello @TheFro2

The guides have discussed your application and we have decided that we would like to see a trial tour from you. After this tour you may be asked to complete a trial period. This tour should be of one or more locations on the map and you should use Discord for the tour. The tour should also be no longer than 40 minutes. Please message me on Discord to arrange a time for your tour.

Good luck!

Thank you for your trial tour on Sunday, here are just a few reminders about your one month trial period that ends on 8 September.

As per the application guidelines, it's up to you to keep this post updated. Whenever you do a tour, minigame, event or so on, it's up to you to let us know in here.

At some point during your trial period, you will be expected to complete another trial tour as well. Once again, it's up to you to let us know the details of that, specifically the date and time you'd like to do it and where you'd like it to take place. It can be whenever you want, so long as you communicate your ideas over to us!

We'll support you through it. If there's anything you want announcing in #alerts, then let us know. If there's anything you'd like the Guides explicitly to be at, then once again say it down below. We'll keep you updated from time to time, with feedback or updates regarding your application.

Good luck!

After Action Report:
24 August, 2021

Recruited several members on the server to join me on a mission to tour locations on the server for Touring Tuesday. Main tour theme was old builds that were still existing in almost pristine condition. Started off at Caras Galadhon, moved to the Argonath, made a pit stop at Isengard, and finished at Tharbad. My main talking point was emphasizing our limited block palette at the start and for the first few years of the server, and how we still managed to get creative despite this handicap. Also wanted an excuse to show off my flet in Caras Galadhon :p

2021-08-24_19.50.20.png

Last edited:
28 August, 2021

What started off as a chill Friday night ended with me leading an impromptu tour for a bunch of new adventurers. My goal was to show them a few of the major set pieces of the server, and I mostly met that goal.

We started at the Shire, then made our way to Weathertop, Rivendell, Moria, Caras Galadhon, Edoras, Helm's Deep, Isengard, and Minas Tirith in that order.
During the tour I talked about old server lore and building techniques/designs, showed off key features including animations and music, and basically just showed off some of the bigger builds on the server to these new players.

2021-08-27_23.54.56.png

2021-08-27_23.54.57.png

Last edited:
Hey, I know this is abrupt but I will be rescinding my guide app immediately. I have discussed this junoknight, and I can talk further with any other guides or staff, but the gist is that my IRL life is stressful as hell and I don't want it to carry over into MCME. I know that sounds like a dumb excuse, but that's just how I see it. Again, I'm sorry this is so abrupt.

Status
Not open for further replies.