• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

• Did you know you can upload your screenshots to your own Media section?.You can get ratings and comments on the uploaded material!

ThemePlotTrust

Buubadoof

Expert Stream Digger
Credits
XP
I was on with some frends and we're looking at each other's theme plots we though it would be really cool if we could trust one another to build on each other's to it would be a suggestion or a command I think this would improve the gameplay lots for players

A main point though for theme builds is that people use them for artist rank, so if someone has a really good friend on MCME who is sick at building, then they could in effect get the rank for you...

You could have like a difference between the two: A themed build where you can build with friends and one where you have to build on your own, although this could make things a lot more complicated.

The reason for themed builds are Artist applications. If we enabled a /theme trust command we would have to check all screenshots in Artist applications if they are from shared plots.
But I understand the wish to build together with friends. It is indeed our goal to build Middle-earth TOGETHER. The freebuild server was closed some months ago though, as is was quite costly and we did not see a benefit to our goal to build Middle-earth.
We could discuss a freebuild world on the main build server but I'm not sure what the outcome of that discussion would be. I think it is better to create more possibilities to build together by making more plotbuilds. This will probably happen when the new plotbuild plugin is installed (very soon now imo). It provides a /plot invite command to invite your friends to build together with you in your plot.

Last edited:
Thank you I feel like all of these suggestions are great thanks for so many opinions and ugg the server is till down???

We could discuss a freebuild world on the main build server but I'm not sure what the outcome of that discussion would be. I think it is better to create more possibilities to build together by making more plotbuilds. This will probably happen when the new plotbuild plugin is installed (very soon now imo). It provides a /plot invite command to invite your friends to build together with you in your plot.
The reason the plotbuild plugin does not fulfill this request, and the reason why we should have a freebuild world (in my opinion of course -- multiple worlds on the same server don't cost money, do they?), is because plotbuilds are limited to things designers want made by adventurers that relate to whatever project they are working on at the moment. The idea presented here is people wanting to build anything, such as the theme for the week, and have others be able to edit and comment, or to collaborate.

The reason the plotbuild plugin does not fulfill this request, and the reason why we should have a freebuild world (in my opinion of course -- multiple worlds on the same server don't cost money, do they?), is because plotbuilds are limited to things designers want made by adventurers that relate to whatever project they are working on at the moment. The idea presented here is people wanting to build anything, such as the theme for the week, and have others be able to edit and comment, or to collaborate.
I think if I got it right it is actual data volume (in Gigabytes or whatever) that counts, not over how many servers you spread it. And former Freebuild was of unlimited size and in file size maybe even bigger than the main map... So maybe a freebuild with limited size may be an option with some way to clean up outdated builds now and then.

This might be a lot of work but hey, its an idea.
Perhaps there could be a structure that forces people to apply for permission to build in the freebuild. It wouldn't have to be a difficult application as much as a test to see how interested you really are in building something. Then, each person who applied would be checked on after a given amount of time, and if their build appears unfinished they would be contacted about whether or not they still want it there… it would be important to stipulate at this point that they must have definite plans of continuing, not just want it in case they feel like building one day. If they don't, then voila: you have empty space again. I'm not sure what you would do with finished builds, though. Perhaps they would also just have a certain (but longer) time until they "expire" and are deleted. Again, it would be important to make it very clear that builds will not be on the world forever.
It might be even easier if you divide the world into plots of a nice size (16x16? 25x25?) and then people apply for a certain amount of plots, instead of just general permission to build on the world. There could be a way to request additional squares.