• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Thy Shanty Of Smaug

didi45

Moria Hall Professional
Commoner
Credits
XP
Lads a while ago I wrote up a shanty for @Smaug_Niphredil after he did something I dont remember really, @SushiKarasumori told me to share it to everyone... Smaug enjoyy!

Come ye lads listen to me

I’ll tell ye ‘tale ‘bout the beast who was free;

Oh, his name was Smaug

He was our watchdog

Ye would not mess with thy beast

The monster came from thy east

O, he punished all in the way

Now that’s the way that Smaug would play

Aye, ye couldn’t escape his hold

While he was ‘round non ‘ould fold

Hiding in thy shadows

He always ‘rose

From the depths of thy void

He’d make ye paranoid

Who ‘ould be so bold?

As to step before Smaug the old

Hed make ye shiver

And dive in thy river

As he would say

“Ye rule breakers are me prey”

Aye, there be no escape

Ye must face the guardian on thy landscape

Ye shall not pass unless said so

O, that is why ye should watch thy shadow

I have the tune I just need a good voice, a pirate voice would be best and one that can sing ofc

Goodness, I'd love to hear this recorded one day!

-Emparra

You are aware that thy is the possessive of thee, so basically means your? Rn it sounds like you used thy as old-English word for 'the'.

Do you think im an idiot? I know all that there is to know about pirate age

I know the difference between thee and the, but the statement "your/thy average fox is clever" is the same as "the average fox is clever"

It's kind of funny what your arguing about as "us danes" used to have a lot similar language to yours back then. At least in the way we phrased our sentences.
We do have the "thy" ("hin") which acts exactly how Fries descibes it. And we have the "thee" ("thi") though that one behaves a bit differently