• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

• Did you know you can upload your screenshots to your own Media section?.You can get ratings and comments on the uploaded material!

Ultra HD (4K) far render shader screenshots

Finrod_Amandil

Former Head Designer
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
So as you may have heard we have now a Cinematic server which allows rendering far more chunks than the normal server (only few people have access simply because it uses a gigantic amount of server power). While @Dallen uses that along with Cinema4D I keep working without 3D editor or rendering program, but instead include shaders and take the screenshots in Ultra HD (4096 x 2160 px) using Mineshot.

As you have no access to that server I of course offer following some requests, however think of that I cant make shots with render distances as far as dallen can ;-)

ERIADOR
NTQGBKV.jpg

Shaders used: SEUS-v10.1-Ultra
lnbpqng.jpg

Shaders used: MrMeepz Shaders v05 Ultra+
GlZan3G.jpg

Shaders used: Chocapic13 V5 Extreme
JP5TrRl.jpg

zjeqsJM.jpg

LOTHLÓRIEN
lhHRa5E.jpg
YPDb9PV.jpg

More screens a few posts below...

Last edited:
I think in some way shadders are better than renders because you have a bunch of different really good artists that make presets. With rendering i only have the textures to work with which mean i have to do a bunch of work in photoshop to add fog, clouds, ect.

Btw looks super good, love the 4k

ROHAN
8XYSSMO.jpg

HmUExtu.jpg

h2yyd1G.jpg

Shaders used: Sildurs Vibrant Shaders v1.08 Extreme
gk8KhFg.jpg

Shaders used: Chocapic13 V5 Ultra
PGXokCJ.jpg

Shaders used: Chocapic13 V5 Ultra

GONDOR
Ove1T0E.jpg

g2wszRb.jpg

I7WFdWL.jpg

Shaders used: Sildurs Vibrant Shaders v1.08 High
60xPXxv.jpg

Shaders used: KUDA-Shaders v5.0.3 Ultra
6znIF0X.jpg

Mb5WvQX.jpg

3NMeDoG.jpg

Shaders used: KUDA-Shaders v5.0.3 Ultra
yeZUeeV.jpg

1qEqhvE.jpg

More screens yet to come.

Last edited:
MORE GONDOR
TqBeyAx.jpg

NcgQEFN.jpg

H9ZitdQ.jpg

a2BzTdO.jpg

GFshVI5.jpg

qHvv7Lt.jpg

t34qxzS.jpg

p6EMoqL.jpg

31uH84g.jpg

Shaders used: Conquest of the Sun

Last edited:
Beacon Hills shot is magnificent. Would there be any way to use this far render server to do a video thing flying along the beacons (like in the movie) without killing your computer?

Beacon Hills shot is magnificent. Would there be any way to use this far render server to do a video thing flying along the beacons (like in the movie) without killing your computer?
Most likely not, the sheer amount of loaded chunks is causing a massive fps drop; even without shaders if you stand at a spot for a few minutes fps drop below 10 (and I usually get 150-250 fps on main with best quality Optifine settings)

I'd like to request a full screenshot of Pelargir, with slums and all. (If possible :p)

I'd like to request a full screenshot of Pelargir, with slums and all. (If possible :p)
Problem there may be that Cinematic server map is not frequently updated; on main I already made some far render shots, you can almost get the main city inside the walls, but not more. However once Pela is fully done q can surely update the map on the cinematic server for some nice screenies

Could you get Isengard with the mountains around it?:D
There's a reason that on the first Isengard shot are no mountains ;) Even though it clearly seems like the Misty Mountains and Nindalf shots cover a far larger area, that's not the case (which you can verify with dynmap). So I still tried to get a major part of Orthanc and a nice horizon out of mountains onto one screen, but even with maximum FOV it seems to be impossible...
ew7cAQh.jpg