• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Username Origins

My name Hails from the Mandalorians from Star Wars. Yes I understand it's misspelled it's on purpose. I have had this name since my friend introduced me to Steam back in 2000 and it has been my username for everything since.

I feel like I posted about mine already somewhere, but as its not in this thread yet, here I go:

Even though I am really fond of elvish and such things, the origin of my name lie before the time I studied these languages. It comes from a name generator (http://www.chriswetherell.com/elf/), and Finrod Amandil was the output I got when entering my name there. (btw: If I enter my brothers name, the result is the same...)

Years later then I could analyze what the name actually means:
"Finrod" of course is the name of a very well known character from the first age, and I actually like to impersonate with it. However the meaning of the name is "hero with blond hair", and not all of that applies to me :).

"Amandil" is a name that appears in "Tar-Amandil", a Númenórean king. The meaning is "friend of Aman (= Undying Lands)", and that does apply i'd say.

The flaw with it is, that it is a bit a mixup of Sindarin (Finrod) and Quenya (Amandil); the "proper" Quenya form would be Findaráto Amandil, but I still love the name and wont change it for that reason.

I too am fairly certain that I've posted this elsewhere, but I'll put it here as well. I'm not exactly sure when I began using the name DarthRagnar or what it was first for, but I have been using it for quite some time now. Here's what the two parts represent:

Darth - A reference to the Sith Lords of Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan, but not as hard core as some other members on here. Also, my parents used to jokingly call me Darth due to my propensity for wearing hoodies.

Ragnar - A reference to vikings. I am a die-hard fan of the Minnesota Vikings and one of their mascots is named Ragnar. I am also a big fan of Sid Meier's Civilization Series and traditionally play as the Vikings under Ragnar Lodbrok.

Last edited:
Mine is a combination of my dream job from when I was a kid-firefighter and fuss is the first part of my last name. So you get firefuss. I came up with it as my first email address back in 1996. So it's older than most of you, haha. I've used it as usernames every game that's ever needed one *EXCEPT* on steam. It was taken so I had to use "fussman".

Anyways, I am now an actual fireman, and my last name didn't change (that I know of). So firefuss still fits perfectly.

Fingolfin was just a fad.

Mine was supposed to be a random word, till I found out a condor was an actual living creature....Damn suppid birds, it's always the birds:mad:
"HW" are the initials of my real name.

'Aizens' (eye-zens) is a monicker off of the Bleach manga and anime character Sōsuke Aizen, possibly my favorite character period. He is described to be a polite and soft-spoken intellectual, which I feel coincides with my own personality. I actually am soft-spoken and polite...really, I am! I swear! Anyways, it is actually a poly-entendre as well. 'Aizen' was the first name I ever took upon myself on the Internet, back in the days of RuneScape. The s at the end is a nod towards my old alias 'Shen', and my position as a Staff member. Ai-zens itself has significance in etymology as well, with 'Ai' being attributed to Albanian (my native language) meaning 'he', and 'zens' to Mandarin (the language I'm learning) meaning 'thoughts', so it essentially also means 'he of thoughts', or more roughly, man of thoughts. This is toward my intellect, as well as a nod to my prehistoric alias 'MelkorPlaysMC'. Melkor was the most powerful Ainur of Eru, but as he searched the Void for the Flame Imperishable, he started having....thoughts. That's right.

'Aizens' (eye-zens) is a monicker off of the Bleach manga and anime character Sōsuke Aizen, possibly my favorite character period. He is described to be a polite and soft-spoken intellectual, which I feel coincides with my own personality. I actually am soft-spoken and polite...really, I am! I swear! Anyways, it is actually a poly-entendre as well. 'Aizen' was the first name I ever took upon myself on the Internet, back in the days of RuneScape. The s at the end is a nod towards my old alias 'Shen', and my position as a Staff member. Ai-zens itself has significance in etymology as well, with 'Ai' being attributed to Albanian (my native language) meaning 'he', and 'zens' to Mandarin (the language I'm learning) meaning 'thoughts', so it essentially also means 'he of thoughts', or more roughly, man of thoughts. This is toward my intellect, as well as a nod to my prehistoric alias 'MelkorPlaysMC'. Melkor was the most powerful Ainur of Eru, but as he searched the Void for the Flame Imperishable, he started having....thoughts. That's right.
But what about this... ehem... I think it was... MelkorPlaysMC? Could you tell us some backstory around that?