• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Accepted WalpoleLegoMen Artist Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
What style I prefer

Gondorian
Rohirrim
Eriador
Smaller buildings in general that require a lot of detail
Working with stone and wood
Terrain
Not as much Mordor

Motivation

Lord of the Rings started out as a hobby alongside my favorite video game minecraft after reading the series (including the Hobbit) a few times. I started becoming more and more into the Lord of the Rings universe; starting to learn Quenya (en ala astalda imi sa îdô), reading the maps that I collect, and learning some of the lore. I finally found Jesse Cox's videos and saw how the community is great, the builds are amazing, and, most importantly, it was Lord of the Rings. Now each weekend I come on as often as I can to play and build and expand my knowledge of the Lord of the Rings universe and have fun playing with kind people on a safe server. This opportunity to become more involved in the projects has made me strive even more to do my best. This is what MCME means to me.

Walpole... a piece of advice? one post would have covered the entire thread you've just posted. Also you might want to add a screenshot or 2 of some of your work?

Thank you for your application! I would like to give you some tips on what you can do to increase your chances to get accepted.

Most important are some screenshot to show your building skills especially themed builds, as Dyno already mentioned. I will add feedback here when you get them up.

Aside of the themed builds you can improve your chances to get Artist by helping with >>jobs and plotbuilds<<. When you finished such a task for a Designer, remember to ask the Designer to give points to your application as described >>here<<.

thanks, but I said that I'm still trying to do imgur for the screenshots. I have at least 4 builds that I will include. I also ran a team of my own for the most recent contest build if that is worth any points

Thanks
-Walpole

Last edited:
Sorry I didn't notice your screenshots (always reply to your application, just something like "updated", when you edited or added something).
Your builds are looking very nice. You use all space of your plots you made a lot of well organized structures and the style is really similar to MCME. All builds could be improved with some more details. Decorations at buildings like arches above the windows, or other deco blocks. Also crates and stuff around buildings.
You could post some more screenshots of your builds from different angles, can't see to much of your Fortress for example. And please show us some interior work too.
Keep up the good work and try to participate in a few more jobs.

ok thanks im trying and that is not a quarter of the total jobs ive done i just cant remember them all:p

Congratulations, you have been promoted to Artist :D I have checked out your Umbar build ingame and it looked a lot better than on the images, detailing is at a very high level and concept and layout aswell.

Make sure you check out the Artist Manual before you pick up your work as Artist!
Artist Manual

Status
Not open for further replies.