• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Website moved over to seperate server

Do you notice a speed increase?

• Yes

Votes: 21 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • wut?

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters
Since 2 weeks ago I moved over the website to a new server. We are hitting some performance caps on our current server where we host a wide variety of game shards (minecraft servers) and services.

With this new server, I was finally able to get some much-needed upgrades in place. Something that is hard to do with our current server as doing major operating system updates or building the latest software for crucial services (like database, webserver, ...) usually leads to considerable downtime and debugging for me :D.

I hope that most of you noticed the increase in speed for the website.
Because of this the monthly donation goal has been increased too.

For the future: I am currently looking into new solutions so we can have better stability for the game servers. My goal is also to increase the capacity so that the we no longer have performance reduction when we are hitting larger caps or when there's a lot of activity going on. One of those ideas is to assign dedicated servers to the demanding shards (such as mainworld, moria and freebuild) and putting the lesser used shards with less of impact on the same machine. When that time comes I will post another update.

Merry Christmas!

Last edited: