• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

What is the scale of the world?

Tektronic

Is going on an adventure!
Credits
XP
Hello, sorry for the most likely well known answer, but from my phone I'm having a very hard time searching the website and finding the answer.

I checked out this server several years ago, and I loved it. It's there an easy way to find out what's generally changed since 2013?

Thank you!

The buildings are 1:1, the terrain in between is around 1:80 to 1:100 (@Credoo whats the actual scale you used when doing the map in WP?)

1:80 to 1:100
Thats just Ac propaganda. It is atleast 1:120 or 1:140.(*)
All jokes aside I have no idea. Its been a long time since I made that map with Homie. He was the one who set up the scale. We used an old merp map of middle earth and I scaled it so we could use it as an overlay to paint he terrain on in Worldpainter. I do not remember how much I scaled that map. And what scale it was originally? You can figure that out for your selves.

vlJbZ6Y.jpg

Oh I went looking on my external harddrive and found an early screenshot (6/9/2013(**))of the map. That might help you calculate the scale. Have fun!

EsIN9Lw.jpg

* Yes I know that is smaller hence the "joke"
** Might be Europeaan time notation or American day/month/year, month/day/year. My bet is American since Homie usually dated the map progress.

Thats just Ac propaganda. It is atleast 1:120 or 1:140.(*)
All jokes aside I have no idea. Its been a long time since I made that map with Homie. He was the one who set up the scale. We used an old merp map of middle earth and I scaled it so we could use it as an overlay to paint he terrain on in Worldpainter. I do not remember how much I scaled that map. And what scale it was originally? You can figure that out for your selves.

View attachment 6254

Oh I went looking on my external harddrive and found an early screenshot (6/9/2013(**))of the map. That might help you calculate the scale. Have fun!

View attachment 6255

* Yes I know that is smaller hence the "joke"
** Might be Europeaan time notation or American day/month/year, month/day/year. My bet is American since Homie usually dated the map progress.
I had a huge stack of paper, pencils, and my calculator ready to try and calculate the scale.....that's when I realized that I may not be getting the most out of my life....:(