• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

What’s In A Name?

DFWMedic

Builds trees by hand
Supporter
Credits
XP
I know we already have an introduction thread where people tell everyone about themselves and such, but I haven’t seen this topic explored on the forums (maybe I’ve missed it, apologies if so): What does your player name mean? How did you come up with it?

Mine is very straight forward, I’m a paramedic in the Dallas - Fort Worth area.

I do have another game name used on other games: Nilrem. It’s a throwback to way back when MP games first really started to take off. Me and three of my friends named ourselves after the first four pilots mentioned by name (or call sign rather) in Top Gun: Cougar, Merlin, Maverick, and Goose. Except we turned the names backwards to be Ragouc, Nilrem, Kcirevam (he pronounced it “Ksire-Vam”) and Esoog. I haven’t spoken or heard from the other three in a very long time. Over time the name Nilrem took on several new meanings. Once nailed a guy in DF Blackhawk Down from a huge distance with the rocket launcher. He asked if I was some sort of wizard. Somehow along the way, it became backwards wizard. I honestly can’t remember the story behind that one. And then someone pointed out that no matter what time something was going on in the game I was apparently on leading people to think I never sleep…which, if you split the name to Nil REM you get “Zero Rapid Eye Movment” or ‘no sleep’ as it were.

So what is the origin of your name?

I know we already have an introduction thread where people tell everyone about themselves and such, but I haven’t seen this topic explored on the forums (maybe I’ve missed it, apologies if so): What does your player name mean? How did you come up with it?

I do have another game name used on other games: Nilrem. It’s a throwback to way back when MP games first really started to take off. Me and three of my friends named ourselves after the first four pilots mentioned by name (or call sign rather) in Top Gun: Cougar, Merlin, Maverick, and Goose. Except we turned the names backwards to be Ragouc, Nilrem, Kcirevam (he pronounced it “Ksire-Vam”) and Esoog. I haven’t spoken or heard from the other three in a very long time. Over time the name Nilrem took on several new meanings. Once nailed a guy in DF Blackhawk Down from a huge distance with the rocket launcher. He asked if I was some sort of wizard. Somehow along the way, it became backwards wizard. I honestly can’t remember the story behind that one. And then someone pointed out that no matter what time something was going on in the game I was apparently on leading people to think I never sleep…which, if you split the name to Nil REM you get “Zero Rapid Eye Movment” or ‘no sleep’ as it were.

Raiver = came from a rock band little river then think more than making it more human name making it to Raiver then maya means The Maya civilization occupied a wide territory that included southeastern Mexico and northern Central America. This area included the entire Yucatán Peninsula and all of the territory now incorporated into the modern countries of Guatemala and Belize, as well as the western portions of Honduras and El Salvador. I also got this Idea from a song El condor pasa and matsuri which the music played by Leo Rojas

also to be clear the original word of maya is Mayan.

Nilrem name is quite cool and esoog.

my name in game is lucasaalbino and i can't online the server for long time... rip by the way my name came from my original name lucas and albino i got from columbian disney movie

hey raiver wanna have adventure next time when i online ? sorry im inactive for so long long time amigo
sure lucas :) no problem no one is forcing you to play take your time and Ill be free whenever you invite me in some adventure :D feel free to message me in discord btw i don't have ur discord.

Human100, It means Human100 (no specific meaning) I came up with it while making my MC account..... i’m not that creative with names but i have been thinking of changing it to XxEpicHumanDonkey100xzzzEnder

idk my name originated from my binweevils name grat130.
People now say my name is Greetly because I always greet people, so ill stick to that ;)

If I told you what HoverKing means, I'd have to kill you ;)
But I can tell you about my Elvish name - Ellanto in Quenya, Ellannon in Sindarin. It means "Starfallen", and you can see the falling-star motif in my heraldic device too!

people might, or may not know this already, but my name is a made up palindrome ;)

Ps. you can just call me Ayla.

I'm just your average Mexican impersonator. BOOK ME FOR YOUR FIESTA!!! WINTER SALE 20% OFF!!! :eek::eek::eek:
jontron-ill-take-your-entire-stock.gif

So... Not exactly as noteworthy as some of the others, but back around 2000, I found an old floppy disk with a random password generator on it. I've always been one for word games, so at one point, I used to use it, amusingly enough, to generate a string of letters and see what I could make from them. Kinda like one-player Scrabble, I guess.

Well, one thing leads to another, and I discovered Runescape. Kinda need a username for that, and I didn't want to just steal one from a book, so I rolled up seven letters and rearranged them until I had something that I could say. Been my online name ever since. Of course, I'm not the only one, I'm sure, but I'm sure for a little while it was unique. Plus, I've got a bit of a (maybe cool) origin story behind it.

Sadly, I no longer have that floppy disk, and it was never archived. I don't know if it was something one of my father's friends made, or if it was commercial software, but it was at least useful.

One of my favourite characters is Éowyn and I believe that both her and the Evermind flower are related. (I even wrote about it in my dissertation about LOTR for uni) I could have chosen to go for Simbelnynë but people get confused as to how it is pronounced when they see it so I chose to go for the English version.

Here is the section that explains the paralellism between them:

1645957348143.png

One of my favourite characters is Éowyn and I believe that both her and the Evermind flower are related. (I even wrote about it in my dissertation about LOTR for uni) I could have chosen to go for Simbelnynë but people get confused as to how it is pronounced when they see it so I chose to go for the English version.

Here is the section that explains the paralellism between them:

View attachment 25085
it reminds me of the death of King theoden son.