• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Where would you like MCME to go once it's all built?

If you got to choose, what would you like MCME to do once everything is built?

• Just keep revamping Middle-Earth

• Expand into Harad

• Expand into Rhûn

• Start building Beleriand

• Start building Númenor

• Start building Valinor

• Continue making adventure-maps again

• Focus solely on roleplaying

• Build Middle-Earth in the 1st age

• Build Middle-Earth in the 2nd age

Results are only viewable after voting.

ryttyr

One Of Us, One of Us
Supporter
Credits
XP
I know it will take us several years, maybe even a full decade before we reach the point where everything from the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit have been built on the server but once we do reach that point, what then? I'm interested in seeing where people would like to take this project once we eventually do reach our current goal. So let's just say for the sake of argument that you're still around on MCME when we reach that point, where would you like the project to go then?

Would you like us to stay with Middle-Earth and keep improving and revamping it until we reach the limits of what Minecraft can do?

Or would you like to expand the map and build the lands surrounding Middle-Earth like Harad or Rhûn?

Or would you like to start a second buildmap where we build some other land from Tolkien's legendarium like Beleriand, Númenor or Valinor? Or perhaps build Middle-Earth again in a different age?

Perhaps you would like to go back to MCME's adventure-map making days and start making LotR themed adventure-maps again?

Or maybe you would like to stop building in order to focus solely on the roleplaying aspects of MCME?

Will probably have to spend a lot of time revamping, untill to the point where mojang adds enough blocks to the game. And by blocks I mean not just big enough number but also the diffrent models. Or if they gives us the option to make and add our own custom models as much as we need it, no limits.

Will probably have to spend a lot of time revamping, untill to the point where mojang adds enough blocks to the game. And by blocks I mean not just big enough number but also the diffrent models. Or if they gives us the option to make and add our own custom models as much as we need it, no limits.
Yes ofcourse well be able to do a lot of revamping in the future but doing nothing but revamping when we eventually are done? I'd rather mix building something new and revamping inbetween like we're doing now.

I mean the real answer is revamp + build more stuff + develop roleplaying support + adventure maps are awesome, but you didn't make it multiple choice! :p

Personally I'm not a great fan of roleplaying, but I do recognise that it has a rather large community/following. With that in mind, a complete MCME could offer roleplayers access to an ever changing world (revamps and such) to explore.

I really don't think entirely switching over to becoming a Roleplay server would work at all. MCME is at heart a building server. With the exception of guides, effectively all team members are here to build, as well as some other stuff on the side occasionally. That's why RP should only really be an on-the-side thing, secondary to building.

The first six seem like the best option for me. Doing so would make the map alot bigger and we wont have to solely revamp Dol Amroth again.