• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Which of the Peredhil twins is the older?

Which one is older?

• Elrond

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Elros

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

VanguardUltra

Is going on an adventure!
Credits
XP
(i.e. Elrond or Elros)

This, to some (including some Silmarillion readers as well as those frequently in the Tolkien Gateway), is an interesting topic. Neither J. R. R. Tolkien (or Christopher Tolkien, for that matter) does not state who is the older of any twin pairs. Most sources (including the Silmarillion) only imply Elrond is older, but at one point, they imply Elros is older. So, which one is older?

Edit: Forgot to mention, at one point, Christopher Tolkien later inverted the order. Which follows canon?

Here is my opinion on things. I am getting oriented toward Elrond being the older. Looking at Silmarillion family trees, Elrond is listed as the older twin (the oldest child is on the left of all the children, and so on until the youngest child on the right). This can also be an indirect reference to the Children of Iluvatar: Elrond, being the older twin, chooses the Elvish fate (Elves are also known as the Firstborn, and Men are the Second Children).

I would like to see your side of things, as well as provide a poll to make it easier to track of.

For those who don't know who the characters are (mostly for Elros's part), both are the twin sons of Earendil and Elwing. Elrond chose the Elvish fate and became, most famously, Lord of Imladris, while Elros chose the mortal fate and became the first King of Numenor, and is the patriarch of the Kings of Gondor and Arnor as well as the Dunedain Chieftains.

Reactions: B_n