• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Why the Whitelist has been removed?

We have created a temporary new player world, it is still in development however, but the questions required for new players to continue on the server require them to read items from the forums.

Personally, i don't see griefers and spammers being any different from them previously just white-listing to do so.

Aka new playerworld
The funny thing is that still players who dont know anything about the roles can walking around cause they simply /call them out or /warp so they didnt really have to do this. If fix this all is ok i think.

The funny thing is that still players who dont know anything about the roles can walking around cause they simply /call them out or /warp so they didnt really have to do this. If fix this all is ok i think.

As stated before it is not yet implemented. Q would have to change some stuff around before it is.

In regards to removing the whitelist. Since the whitelist has been removed I see at least 10 new people jioning the server every night. Something that definitely wasn't true before. Obnoxious people can easily be removed by bounders, and griefing is very hard to do on main.

This is a more effective way of making sure new players are qualified, any bugs with plugins I can fix really easily.

i don't see griefers and spammers being any different from them previously just white-listing to do so.
well, as idwarf said to me, if they want to come on just to troll they might not spend the time looking at the stuff and doing the whitelist app

First reason was because megga didn't want me to use the code, and doing a complete rewrite for a whitelist application platform would take weeks, and thus nobody new would be allowed in during this process anyway. Putting the whitelist offline was the easiest temporary solution, while we can work on something else that will act as a whitelist.

Q, we could re implement the old google docs whitelisting process. I don't recall it exactly but I think that's how it was done before. Tho I don't really see an issue ATM with the open list. I haven't seen an abundance of trolls or toxic players I think the officers are doing a good job taking them out before any issues occur

It seems to me that an 'ingame whitelist' is an interesting and novel way to go.

I imagine that it would be relatively trivial to create a new player world (sounds like we are doing that already) in which people who join for the first time are placed. They could be given a special rank with even fewer perms than thralls (i.e. no /warp, or /call, etc...) until they answer a series of questions (command blocks could be used...) based on information about LOTR and MCME (all of which can be easily found on TolkeinGateway or our forums). Once questions are properly answered, they could be auto-promoted to Thrall and warped to Bagend.

Just a thought.

It seems to me that an 'ingame whitelist' is an interesting and novel way to go.

I imagine that it would be relatively trivial to create a new player world (sounds like we are doing that already) in which people who join for the first time are placed. They could be given a special rank with even fewer perms than thralls (i.e. no /warp, or /call, etc...) until they answer a series of questions (command blocks could be used...) based on information about LOTR and MCME (all of which can be easily found on TolkeinGateway or our forums). Once questions are properly answered, they could be auto-promoted to Thrall and warped to Bagend.

Just a thought.
Perfect idea, the problem about some new players is about they just know the domain but they don't know anything about how mcme works.

Another reason that the whitelist was removed was because at the time of meggas leave, we were working on redoing the question system anyways.

The former whitelist process was not only easy to google or simply check the fb page, but also just because you passed the whitelist did not mean you really had read the rules or new players guide. This rendered the whitelist as just a minor hoop to jump through in order to go on. We are still working on a new system that will better integrate new players.

Until then, we have plenty of rangers and blunders online to both help and monitor player behavior so I would not worry too much. We may get a handful more trolls but hey, at least they are pretty funny.