Do you want to be immortalized on MCME's Instagram account? Look no further: this is your ticket to fame.
What we want, is screenshots with particular dimensions; we want extremely widescreen screenshots, for a particular reason. Instagram allows you to upload 'swipeable' posts. The idea is that you take a widescreenshot, we cut it up in multiple swipes and post it.
Requirements & tips:
- The screenshot has to look good after cropping the lower and upper strip, as the following screenshot does:
- The resolution width must be at least 2500 pixels wide. See Video settings > Other > Screenshot size.
- I recommend that every swipe is worth seeing: don't have an object worth seeing in only one slide. (See the above GIF which has an interesting object at every swipe.)
- I recommend that you check out my screenshot guides for general screenshot tips.
- You can check out the Instagram end result, with the Panorama Crop app on Android.
- You must submit your wide screenshots at the latest Sunday next week, May 24.
Who and how to participate
We encourage experienced photographers (like @Xmine01 @Mithrilled @Lindolas @RRe36 @DingusWingus366 @V1rtuou5 @JarNO_WAY or @_Lord_Of_Squids_), people who are new to taking screenshots and everyone in between, to participate in the contest. You can simply participate by posting your submission screenshot(s) in this thread.
(A note to @GingerlyGinger1 and @Mershy_ who took the example widescreen screenshots: you're encouraged to participate as well. With different screenshots of course!)
How it will be judged
Firstly, your submission will be judged by how creatively you adapted to the new dimensions. Does every swipe have its own theme? - well done, bonus points. On the other hand, if cropping your screenshot into swipes adds no value, then the screenshot is not well adapted to the dimensions - no bonus points.
Secondly we will look at the general aesthetics, the same criteria as for normal screenshots. Think: do the colors work well together, does it show too much or too little sky?
You can submit as many screenshots as you want.
We will judge all screenshots submitted in this thread, and choose the top 10 wide screenshots, which we will post on Instagram!
Plagiarism is obviously not allowed: your submission will not be considered if it matches an already posted submission extremely closely. Two screenshots of the same place is fine of course.
For you potential winners: if you wish to be mentioned or tagged on our Instagram, let us know below, accompanied by your Instagram account name.
Here are three examples of the end result: