• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

What do you think about the current state of the Warps Wiki Page?

• I don´t like the idea.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Darki

Moria Hall Professional
Commoner
Credits
XP
I have been working on the a Warp List on the Wiki Page together with @RubenPieterMark (originally his idea). The idea is to make a Screenshot of every Warp and to add both server and normal lore to it. This will help new People with many of their questions: Where to go? What places have been build? What places are the most beautiful? Hopefully in the future this will be a very expansive list with 1 amazing screen shot of the place, a big lore section to learn more about it and who and when was it build on the server.
An Example (Bree):
full

Its is already over halfway done and it will probably be ¨finished¨ this week (At this moment. 164 word pages and over 10.000 words). You can have a look by clicking this link:
Warp list McMe | Minecraft Middle Earth

I wanted to create this thread because i need your help (especially the older member). Although I have been able to find out much of the server lore, there are still many warps left that i couldn´t find information on. I am hoping from some help from the community. Feel free to help out on the wiki pages, all I ask if you want to add something or change something to write it in this thread. So I can change it both on the wikis and in the original document. Feel free to add normal lore if you have more information about a certain place. There will be some mistakes in the document and with your help these mistakes can be fixed. REMEMBER: not all of the pages have been proofread (there will be grammar mistakes).

What i am hoping for is when Designers start a new project/warp they will add it on the wiki so it will be updated instead of a incorrect wiki page.

I would like to hear you guys opinion about this idea and any tips you might have.

Greetings Darki190

Ps. I want to thank @thomasd_17, @Daddlio and @Wroxxite for their help.

Edit:
(M is almost finished by @Daddlio and @RubenPieterMark has almost finished with W). All of the other warps list are officially done. @Wroxxite has proofread most of them. Everybody is free to change any mistakes that have been made. If you want to add something to the list please reply with what you want to add to this post.

Last edited:
You could maybe have two different screenshots, one with and one without shaders, or just all shaders screenshots, or the other way, because there are definitely some differences between having shaders and not having shaders. Some locations' screenshots are with shaders, some aren't, and it would be good for new members that maybe don't know about shaders and stuff to see the difference

You could maybe have two different screenshots, one with and one without shaders, or just all shaders screenshots, or the other way, because there are definitely some differences between having shaders and not having shaders. Some locations' screenshots are with shaders, some aren't, and it would be good for new members that maybe don't know about shaders and stuff to see the difference
No that will load very slowly and there is not a need for it

I really like the idea of this, it allows adventurers to look up the lore of lesser known locations and found out themselves about the areas history without having to ask a ton of questions to a guide or a helpful member. However in my opinion I think it needs to be better "promoted" on the server. Im not sure how many adventurers know about the wiki page, I never really used it during my time as Thrall/Adventurer but I don't speak for all. It may be a cool idea to link it when you type /warp list or even have the link to the warps wiki page appear when you warp there. This could massively increase the use of this resource, just an idea I had.

I like what you are doing but disagree with the way in which you are doing it. I would do the following:
1) 26 pages bearing the current titles, which list the warp, the pack, and a brief description of the location.
2) a whole lotta pages with the detailed descriptions and screenshots you currently have. This could be one page per warp, or we could combine things like the 4 farthings, or whatever. Point being, I like the idea of a warp list, but I don't want a giant wall of text and pictures, i want a list of warps. And I want in a separate place descriptions of places.

Also, I agree with @thomasd_17 that we need to somehow better promote it. I did know of the wiki's existence but I didn't realize that anyone actually used it, or the number of pages there, until last night. It might be cool like thomas said to have each location's wiki page linked when you warp there, and have a link to the list page when you do /warp list.

You (or someone else) should read through the pages and check for typos and grammar errors. It's pretty good on the Bree one here - the only big errors are "anceint" instead of "ancient" and "build arround" instead of "was built around"

Also putting the @ symbol before everyone's name is a bit odd. I'd suggest removing them.

You (or someone else) should read through the pages and check for typos and grammar errors. It's pretty good on the Bree one here - the only big errors are "anceint" instead of "ancient" and "build arround" instead of "was built around"

Also putting the @ symbol before everyone's name is a bit odd. I'd suggest removing them.

I agree with the @ symbol comment. The names do not actually attach themselves to the people.

I am also a lonely person with a lot of spare time, so if you would like me to, I'll go through and proofread stuff.

I think it's safe to assume they didn't know the names wouldn't link, and that is why they put the @'s everywhere.
Regarding edits, the wiki is (excluding certain important pages) publicly editable. So, everyone should feel free to reword sentences, fix grammar/spelling errors, etc. without needing explicit permission. However, use common sense and don't change the structure of anything. Don't "fix" information unless you are 100% sure that what is on the wiki already is incorrect -- and you are also 100% sure you can replace it with the correct information. Which leads me to draw attention to >>this wiki page<< (The "Templates and Rules" page). Now that Darki and Ruben have done these warp pages people may start contributing more pages, so a guide to page creation would be beneficial. Even if no more pages are made for a long time it would still be useful to have. I would like to know if this should be left to enforcers/guides or if anyone can start writing this page, obviously to be reviewed and approved by someone with authority at the end.

I really like the idea of this, it allows adventurers to look up the lore of lesser known locations and found out themselves about the areas history without having to ask a ton of questions to a guide or a helpful member. However in my opinion I think it needs to be better "promoted" on the server. Im not sure how many adventurers know about the wiki page, I never really used it during my time as Thrall/Adventurer but I don't speak for all. It may be a cool idea to link it when you type /warp list or even have the link to the warps wiki page appear when you warp there. This could massively increase the use of this resource, just an idea I had.
yes i asked dyno about it

I like what you are doing but disagree with the way in which you are doing it. I would do the following:
1) 26 pages bearing the current titles, which list the warp, the pack, and a brief description of the location.
2) a whole lotta pages with the detailed descriptions and screenshots you currently have. This could be one page per warp, or we could combine things like the 4 farthings, or whatever. Point being, I like the idea of a warp list, but I don't want a giant wall of text and pictures, i want a list of warps. And I want in a separate place descriptions of places.

Also, I agree with @thomasd_17 that we need to somehow better promote it. I did know of the wiki's existence but I didn't realize that anyone actually used it, or the number of pages there, until last night. It might be cool like thomas said to have each location's wiki page linked when you warp there, and have a link to the list page when you do /warp list.
Well, this page of Bree is the largest warp lore and all the others are much and much smaller

The Wiki should be done now, ofc as a wiki there are bound to still be mistakes, be that lore or typos. So if you notice any while going through the pages feel free to edit and change the page so it can be the most accurate