• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Winter survival?

Winter survival

• Yes

Votes: 16 76.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Should try to make or use some kind of special map then, semi-large custom map with a winter theme.
We have done survival with smaller custom maps before, i think it would be a bit more fun than just doing normal survival on the mcme map or random gen.

Do you want a week of survival for the week leading up to Christmas Eve?
I think it would be a great idea. If we could find a Christmas map, or the winter village but bigger, that would be a good map for it. The only problem that I can think of is that a lot of people may not have time to play because it's the holiday season and school finals. But I still like the idea

Should try to make or use some kind of special map then, semi-large custom map with a winter theme.
We have done survival with smaller custom maps before, i think it would be a bit more fun than just doing normal survival on the mcme map or random gen.
It will most likely be a random generated world @Wodleth

I'd be interested in making a lil a map with WorldPainter. I was thinking about this small cape (not The Cape of Forochel) in Forochel, the northern end of the Blue Mountains. This would be a really interesting map because it would have abandoned Dwarven settlements in the Blue Mountains (Arvedui - Tolkien Gateway), settlements of the snowmen aka Lossoth, who had badass sledges and iceskates and there would be some Arnorian ruins in the south of the map. The season would be winter so most of the icebay will be frozen, as it was when Cirdan sent a ship for Arvedui, and the lands will be covered in snow. Also there might be some igloos like those mentioned the Lossoth built for Arvedui and his men.

For the survival aspect, there could be many ores in the abandoned Dwarven mines, trade fish with Lossoth villagers (whale-hunting) and there'd be big larch/pine forests in the south. Maybe wolves spawning around and polar bears in the north?

Great idea if I may say so, but now I have to see myself actually doing this map :/

pzWAchb.jpg

I wasn't thinking about doing a lotr themed winter map, just a small casual map with standard Minecraft stuff, but winter biomes only.
Having a small map will also allow less people to enjoy more action, instead of being spread out over an infinitely generating map

I can easilly create a map for winter, tell me a location you like (of the real world) and i'll be making it in asap,
Alps, Norway, Alaska, Tibet, Greenland, Svalbard, Canada whatever you like i can make it

I'd suggest having a no-pvp survival. I think in light of the holidays there's no need for fighthing and just some good relaxing survival will be more fun in general. Maybe just have a fight at the last day for people who would be interested in that.

I can easilly create a map for winter, tell me a location you like (of the real world) and i'll be making it in asap,
Alps, Norway, Alaska, Tibet, Greenland, Svalbard, Canada whatever you like i can make it
I'm already on it.. I posted some updates in discord. And it's not a very small map Word, 4K x 4K which is pretty OK I think.