WTF?:I was on during a crash!

brycen_

Is going on an adventure!
Credits
0
XP
0
The title says it all. Me and a friend were building on the freebuild, and everybody left.At the time i thought everybody just left due to boredom.We kept building and minutes later somebody else got on.He said that the server is finally up again. I said "The server was always up" and he said that the website, and both servers had crashed. I didnt know how that was possible, so can somebody please explain how it is possible? Thanks!


-Knight ;)
 
The title says it all. Me and a friend were building on the freebuild, and everybody left.At the time i thought everybody just left due to boredom.We kept building and minutes later somebody else got on.He said that the server is finally up again. I said "The server was always up" and he said that the website, and both servers had crashed. I didnt know how that was possible, so can somebody please explain how it is possible? Thanks!


-Knight ;)
Maybe such person meant the mojang servers crashed, then people wouldn't have been able to rejoin if they had left the server, those who didn't leave would still be able to play freely as long as they didn't leave the server.
 
Maybe such person meant the mojang servers crashed, then people wouldn't have been able to rejoin if they had left the server, those who didn't leave would still be able to play freely as long as they didn't leave the server.
Yeah, that sounds about right, once I couldn't get on ANY MC server for 5 hours. Same situation.
 
Maybe such person meant the mojang servers crashed, then people wouldn't have been able to rejoin if they had left the server, those who didn't leave would still be able to play freely as long as they didn't leave the server.
Well, if that was the case then the website wouldn't have crashed. Based on that, I would say that guy's internet was down for a while, but he didn't realize the problem was on his end. Who was it anyway?
 
Likely a major Internet route took a dump and it took a few minutes for the routers to notice and route around the fault. The Internet is somewhat self-healing, but it's not always instant. If everyone else was on that path, and you weren't, they would be disconnected and you would not.
 
Back
Top