• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

WTF?:I was on during a crash!

Brycen_

Is going on an adventure!
Credits
XP
The title says it all. Me and a friend were building on the freebuild, and everybody left.At the time i thought everybody just left due to boredom.We kept building and minutes later somebody else got on.He said that the server is finally up again. I said "The server was always up" and he said that the website, and both servers had crashed. I didnt know how that was possible, so can somebody please explain how it is possible? Thanks!

-Knight ;)

The title says it all. Me and a friend were building on the freebuild, and everybody left.At the time i thought everybody just left due to boredom.We kept building and minutes later somebody else got on.He said that the server is finally up again. I said "The server was always up" and he said that the website, and both servers had crashed. I didnt know how that was possible, so can somebody please explain how it is possible? Thanks!

-Knight ;)
Maybe such person meant the mojang servers crashed, then people wouldn't have been able to rejoin if they had left the server, those who didn't leave would still be able to play freely as long as they didn't leave the server.

Maybe such person meant the mojang servers crashed, then people wouldn't have been able to rejoin if they had left the server, those who didn't leave would still be able to play freely as long as they didn't leave the server.
Yeah, that sounds about right, once I couldn't get on ANY MC server for 5 hours. Same situation.

Well, if that was the case then the website wouldn't have crashed. Based on that, I would say that guy's internet was down for a while, but he didn't realize the problem was on his end. Who was it anyway?

Likely a major Internet route took a dump and it took a few minutes for the routers to notice and route around the fault. The Internet is somewhat self-healing, but it's not always instant. If everyone else was on that path, and you weren't, they would be disconnected and you would not.