• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Your Favorite Video Games

mapthor

Events Manager
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
For all who are reading this, after you finish reading my top 10 favorite games, I encourage you to respond with your favorite games as well. You also don’t have to go into so much detail, like I did. So, here we go. I tried my best to avoid spoilers so you should be fine.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3: I bet you all are probably wondering why I have this game on my list. It’s for one reason only, the zombies mode. Black Ops 3 was a disappointing game, since it had to live up to the massive success of Black Ops 2 and it’s campaign, which sucked. But the zombies mode was the redeeming factor for me. After 3 years without a proper zombies mode, CoD fans were hoping that this game would have the best zombies mode ever, and it did. When the game launched, the first was was Shadows of Evil. A map set in the 1930s which tells the story of 4 criminals trying to repay there crimes. Then DLC #1 started the story from where Black Ops 2 had left us. The castle of Der Eisendrache where the character, Tank Dempsey, has to take the souls away from his older self. The story of zombies is very complex so I’ll link a full storyline if you’d like to read it. Zombies Storyline Timeline Next, the crew goes to the Japanese swamps of Zesatbu No Shima, where they must take the souls of the older version of Takeo, again. Then, you are teleported to the battlegrounds of Stalingrad where you fight a dragon. It’s not Smaug, but it’s still cool. Finally, the last DLC pack delivers the final map where the Crew must take down the Shadow Man, who has caused havoc across the universe. The reason why I love this mode so much is many reasons. The voice actors, which include Nolan North, the creativity of each map, and the amazing storyline. I highly recommend that you give the entire storyline a read if you’re bored one day.
Mortal Kombat X- When I was growing up, my dad gave me his old SNES for my 8th birthday, which came along with some great games including Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3. I played this game so much with my brother and cousin. When I heard that the Mortal Kombat series was returning the next-generation consoles, I was so happy. Mortal Kombat X, or MKXL as it is known now, is a blast to play. The game was all I had hyped it up to be, with the fluid controls, the brutal fatalities, and a great campaign mode. This game even got my sister into playing video games for once. She only played Skyrim and was reluctant to play anything else, until she fought me and beat me. The game also had 3 Kombat Packs, or DLC packs, which included some great characters, including The Predator, Leatherface, and even the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. This game is, without a doubt, the best in the Mortal Kombat series.
Super Mario 3D World- I don’t know how Mario, cats, and a 3D game could work, but somehow it did. Super Mario 3D World is a great game, but was turned off since it was on the Wii U console. This game brings so many new things to the table, including a cat suit, different playable characters then the typical Mario game, and a killer Jazz soundtrack. Super Mario 3D World takes the multiple levels in each world aspect from the 2D Mario games, and makes it better. Each level is filled with secrets to collect and the game has 4 player co-op, which does the job when trying to ruin friendships. The story is also different from the other games. Peach isn’t captured this time, but the Sprixies are captured by Bowser and you, along with Luigi, Toad, and Peach, must save them. This game makes for a fun time when you’re bored and don’t have anything to play.
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare- Even though Call of Duty is a dying franchise, this game means a lot to me. When I first got a Xbox 360, this was the first game I got and it was amazing. The campaign is one of the best in CoD history and it really attaches you to the few characters that you fight with. The story of CoD4 is about a new army recruit, Soap, who is fighting with S.A.S. trying to end a civil war in Russia. In multiple parts of the story, you switch to a new character, Sergeant Jackson who is with the USMC. The multiplayer is one of the best in the franchise and was the first time I got a total of 24 hours played on a multiplayer game. This game was so popular, they had to remaster it to get a horrible game to sell. The remaster isn’t as good as the original, however, it did add new items to multiplayer which kept the game fresh.
Sunset Overdrive- I will honestly be surprised if any of you know what this game is. Sunset Overdrive is Assassins Creed on steroids. The story is about a local worker in Sunset City, the city of dreams. When a massive party is scheduled to unveil the newest energy drink, Supercharged, people are, for some reason, so hyped to try it. But, it ends up turning everyone into weird zombie like creatures that take over the city. You, and a few others, are the only survives and you have to find a way to escape Sunset City. The reason why I like this game so much is how stupidly funny it is. At one point you’re trying to save a Boy Scout troop leader, them you’re trying to save a leader who if being feed tree bark by LARPers, or love action role players. It has a great story with funny characters so that’s why it’s at my number 6 spot.
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild- Ah, who knew Skyrim for kids could be this fun. When this game won Game of the Year 2017, I was shocked. Not only was it the first time Nintendo got 2 games nominated for Game of the Year, but it beat 3 other enormously popular games like Horizon Zero Dawn and PUBG. I still haven’t beaten the main story of this game, but it’s great so far. I can’t go much into detail about the story without spoiling it, but I’ll just say a few things. The game look beautiful, the characters are great, and the soundtrack is.... eh. It’s not the best. But still a great game.
Cuphead- Before I start talking about this game, I will admit that I did break my Xbox controller while trying to fighting King Dice. So there’s that. Cuphead follows the story of two cup brothers, who become very irresponsible, and gamble with the Devil. They loose and are given the choice of selling there souls to the Devil, or collecting everyone else’s souls that belong to the Devil. So Cuphead and Mugman go collect everyone’s souls. Cuphead is based off an 1930s cartoon, with hand drawn animation, and about 15 enraging boss battles that make you want to break something. Even though the game may be very difficult, it is very pleasing to look at the animation and to hear the fully orchestrated jazz soundtrack that the game has to offer.
Super Mario Galaxy 2- This game is amazing. Even though it's not my #1 pick, I love this game to pieces. The soundtrack is, in my opinion, the best soundtrack in gaming history. The game takes you on an adventure throughout the galaxy with even new galaxies to explore, some old favorites return like the Honeyhive Galaxy and a remake of King Whomp’s Fortress from Super Mario 64. Yoshi also makes an appearance in this game, bringing new abilities to the game. I’ve talked about this game to much so I’ll just leave you with that.
Super Mario Odyssey- Ok, this is the last Mario game on the list. Super Mario Odyssey takes every Mario game and puts them all together to make a masterpiece of a game. You have the signature long jumps from Mario Galaxy, the 8-Bit sections from the original Mario games, and an open world to explore like Mario 64. Without a doubt, this is the best Mario game ever created. Also, the music is amazing. From Cascade Kingdom to Peach’s Castle, you will be delighted with all the great music this game has to offer. And, the E3 trailer song, Jump Up, Superstar, is a masterpiece of its own. This is the first game I’ve genuinely 100% within 2 weeks and I don’t regret it.
Doom- If you haven’t played to original Doom, here’s a quick rundown. You’re on Mars, a portal to Hell opens up, and demons overrun the place and try to kill you. That’s practically it. Doom 4, or the 2016 reboot, follows the same story where you’re immediately thrown into action with no voice dialogue or story to tell you where you are or what has happened. For a while, Super Mario Galaxy 2 was my favorite game of all time, but Doom definitely tops it. The feeling when you pull off a glory kill or make a sick jump feels rewarding every time. Most of the guns are brought back from the original Doom as well, like the BFG-9000 and the chainsaw. Doom also has a map creator called Snapmaps, which give the game endless amounts of extra content.

Phew

I know so few games and i have played so few games that i would struggle to make a top 10 list. Most of them anyways are mario games. My favourite out of all of them is probably super mario odyssey, which is still being 100%ed, followed by super mario galaxy 2 -amazing game with some brilliant pieces of music in it (SMG2 music - YouTube). Here's some of that soundtrack). Next is super mario maker, which i have had a lot of fun with. When i was playing this game my dad suggested me minecraft aaand here I am :).
Next on the list is super mario galaxy -once again with amazing music (SMG music - YouTube) followed by Mario 3d world and -guess what- it has amazing music but i am too lazy to make a playlist for that as well.
Next game on my to play list is zelda BOTW so i hope i enjoy it as much as you did :D.

I know so few games and i have played so few games that i would struggle to make a top 10 list. Most of them anyways are mario games. My favourite out of all of them is probably super mario odyssey, which is still being 100%ed, followed by super mario galaxy 2 -amazing game with some brilliant pieces of music in it (SMG2 music - YouTube. Here's some of that soundtrack). Next is super mario maker, which i have had a lot of fun with. When i was playing this game my dad suggested me minecraft aaand here I am :).
Next on the list is super mario galaxy -once again with amazing music (SMG music - YouTube followed by Mario 3d world and -guess what- it has amazing music but i am too lazy to make a playlist for that as well.
Next game on my to play list is zelda BOTW so i hope i enjoy it as much as you did :D.
Odyssey is really a great game. By far my favourite Mario.

Hmmm. I can never pick a favorite when it comes to videogames because what games I like to play is as fleeting as the tide. However my top three will always include The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Minecraft and Fallout (once again I can't pick a favorite but it stands between 3, NW and 4).
Some of the other games I've really enjoyed and played a lot throughout my life includes: Terraria, Star Wars Battlefront II (the classic 2005 version), Spore, The Sims 3, Track Mania Original and Bygg Hus med Mulle Meck (kudos to all Swedes who knows and remembers this game).

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is in my top three because up until recently when it's age eventually started to show it's been what I've ever wanted from a videogame.The epic open world and the freedom to do whatever you want to do and to be whoever you want to be within this epic world is the main reason I loved this game so much. It's first now, when the game is over six years old and I've done most of the things you can do in it that I'm just starting to tire of it. (That and the fact that I've installed too many mods to run it smoothly)

Then we have Minecraft, the game that can be essentially whatever you make it into and the game I have put the most ammount of hours into by far (I've estimated that it's most likely somewhere in the 3000:nds or higher). It's also been my biggest source of entertainment in general due to the innumerable Minecraft YouTube videos I've watched over the years. My life would probably have been quite different if Minecraft did not exist. The best thing about Minecraft is that you can do whatever you want to do and build whatever your fantasy can make up.

And finally Fallout my current favorite videogame franchise and possibly my favorite videogame franchise of all time. Whilst I haven't played any of the original Fallout games yet (Fallout 1, 2, Tactics and Brotherhood of Steel) I just can't pick any one favorite of the ones I have played. Fallout 4 is arguably the best game of the bunch and admittedly the one I have played the most but it is easily beaten by it's predecessors in several areas such as story, apparent player choices and staying true to the lore. Fallout: New Vegas I love because of how open ended the game feels and the freedom of choice it gives the player (however I know I am a bit bias towards NW as it is the first Fallout game I ever played). Fallout 3, in my opinion, offers the best Fallout experience of the three by getting the feel and atmosphere of the Fallout universe down to a tee and possibly having the best story as well (I can't judge just yet as I haven't gotten too far in the story) however whilst I greatly enjoy playing this game it's age sadly shows a lot in some aspects.

Last edited:
omg mario party games were amazinggg
I watched a youtube series of a guy playing all boards from all mario party games up to the 7th game of the series with a friend. It made me laugh a loooooooot (it was in italian) and it introduced me to the madness of mario party games :p

Sadly they changed style and the new ones are crap :(

My list looks something like this although many of these games are old and doesn't have withstood the test of time very good. These are not chronological listed by graphic factor but rather how much time I spent and what I thought of them at the time they were the latest in gaming.

1. Grim Fandango, exists in remastered, although it has not big improvements.
2. The Elder Scrolls - Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim
3. Life is Strange/Before the Storm.
4. The Longest Journey/Dreamfall Series
5. The Witcher 3 - The Wild Hunt
6. The Secret Of Monkey Island
7. Dark Souls
8. Deus Ex Human Revolution, although Mankind Divided isn't all that bad.
9. Transport Tycoon, although there is a clone called Open Transport Tycoon Deluxe which is compatible with modern computers. Best of all, it is free.
10. Duke Nukem 3D