• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Accepted 0odz's Artist Application 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

0odz

Artist
Artist
Supporter
Credits
XP
  • Date:​

I joined in late 2019 and played for a couple of years. During 2021-2023 I almost didn't play at all, but now I have made a new account and started playing MCME again.

• Jobs and Plotbuilds:

Recently I've only been in a couple of jobs, but in my older application, you can see some jobs and builds I've done. Those posts are old though, so some of them can look weird and they're not as good as I would be able to build nowadays. My building and realism have improved, so I want to try the artist application again.

Recent jobs:

scaffold3 with Wyattrox03 in Moria

Base Profile Screenshot 2023.09.25 - 20.01.51.25.png

We did some scaffolding and crane plans. Got it started but the shape needs some fixing and detailing

AnorianHedges2 with aylalya and Joske50

2023-09-29_17.21.05.png

Detailed some hedges like this and also some cobblestone walls in Bar-In-Talath
2023-09-28_22.53.59.png

2023-09-28_22.54.21.png

• Plotsquared Plots:

I haven't tried this feature yet, as I have been inactive, but I will start one very soon. You can suggest some ideas too on what I should build there.

• Additional Builds:

Anórien cart storage: link to pictures (freebuild 955 -60 -850) w0rldunder gave me a lot of good tips and helped fix the roof, front door, rafters, shelves and horse station

Tudor style house (WIP) located next to the cart storage in freebuild
2023-09-29_18.18.52.png

2023-09-29_18.30.04.png

More will come
  • Your interests:​

I mostly like building medieval houses and other structures like bridges and towers. I've been building castles and houses in Minecraft for years. Mostly I build in the human style, but I've done some dwarven and hobbit structures too. I'm going to build in more styles in the future, especially some bigger structures and in elven style.
I've also gotten better in landscaping and detailing plants and trees.
  • Your motivation:

I've been a fan of LOTR for a long time and I want to take part in building Middle-Earth in Minecraft. I like building and I want to help you in this amazing project.

Last edited:

New job​

tombconcept with aylalya

We built some mountainside tombs. I am almost finished with my build, but it needs some detailing in some places. Also the size of the plot limited building the interior.
I decided to make it more "kingly" styled instead of an old forgotten crumbling ruin.

Hello 0ods! I think your artist app is off to a good start, but I some recommendations: first is to try and add a bit more context to your builds. What I mean with this is that I'd like to see a bit more external detailing in your build just so that i can get a better feel of you understanding how to make builds look a bit more natural and in place. I get that for the plot this may not have feasible, but something to keep in mind nonetheless. The second thing is that I feel your interiors are a bit lacking, try using more separating walls and dividing features to make your interiors look a bit less empty and a bit more interesting. Good luck!

Update #3

I've been working on several projects and builds since I last posted an update:

Jobs

AnduinCave
with w0rldunder (plotworld -750 -1960)
Gladden_village with Joske50 (mainworld 4970 -3170)
AU_smoothing16 with Rudolphius (mainworld -2570 2830)

Other assigned builds
Plot at LinhirRevamp (WIP)
, leader: TheSweViking (mainworld 4467 5632)

Fisher's house in the Gladden fields, leader: Joske50 (mainworld 4968 -3171)

Wall smoothing in Moria, leader: Joske50 (moria -9440 160 -6650)

Plotsquared

Anórien village
(plotsquared -795 -1060)
This is my first plotsquared project. Also I finished building this before knowing more about building good interiors.

Castle (WIP) (plotsquared, next to the Anórien village -692 -1100)
I was inspired by the style and block palette of the concept builds at Cair Andros, and decided to start building a castle. A lot of buildings, interiors and details are missing, but here's how it looks now:

Other builds

P.S. I won the 2023 build battle :D

Update #4​

Jobs​

w0rldtrees12 with w0rldunder (plotworld -1663 -51 -525)
PaciMuil with PacifistFighter (mainworld 6475 29 693)
WestGateConnectors with Joske50
WyattTrees with Wyattrox03 (built a pine, forgot the location and I don't have pictures)
WestGateRuining with Joske50
ArtistSchool with w0rldunder (plotworld -1867 -51 -564)
Private Gladden Armor stand Job with Joske50 (mainworld 4968 38 -3176)

Assigned builds​

Moria dwelling (-9300 156 -6561) I was planning to add more cracks to the walls etc. but the plot was accepted before that. It's good anyways

Anórien farm plot (6917 -45 2708) I did the surroundings to a farmhouse; fields, animal areas etc.

Alright some feedback:
1) you have to commit your time, it takes a lot longer than most of us are looking for, for you to finish your plots. They should take a week, maybe two.
2) need to be creative on your own. can't be there all the time to provide feedback. So focus on working on multi-building plots.
3) interiors need some love. Pretty basic so try messing around with different layouts and work on your detailing.

Update #5​

Jobs​

Snowmap with w0rldunder (plotworld -8327 -39 185)
buildday with aylalya (mainworld 4120 -24 7312)
SealWalls13 with Wyattrox03 (finishing stone walls around Dol Caranthan)
SoItBegins with Wyattrox03 (moria -6810 132 -7265) road blockmixing and slabbing in the great mines

Assigned builds​

Linhir river digging (mainworld 4789 -45 5343)
Linhir kitchen & offices (mainworld 4672 -46 5643)
Linhir shop (mainworld 4665 -46 5606)
Udul wooden bridge (mainworld -2870 -40 2929)
Festive tree competition (plotworld -2000 -50 -420)
Anórien roadside detailing (carts etc. around Dol Caranthan)
Lower Anduin rock coloring (mainworld 8255 -28 4700)
Anórien lumber village detailing (mainworld 6906 -46 2995) (most of it was built by d3, I just added some details like vegetation, lighting, containers etc.)
Linhir camp & toll building (mainworld 4677 -44 5444)

Freebuild

Ruined and overgrown tower (freebuild 851 -60 -956)
Moria crane concepts (above the ruined tower)

Status
Not open for further replies.