• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

1.10 Update

q220

Eru Iluvatar
Staff member
Supporter
Credits
XP
1.10 update.png

Our server just updated to 1.10

To see all the changes to the Minecraft game, you can view the:

Changes for MCME

• [!!]Chunk generation is now possible again due to a broken api. Please make sure that you do not venture too close to the border or build anything outside of it because these areas will be cut and removed frequently.
  • VanishNoPacket is broken, we fall back to default Essentials vanish system.
  • Plugins have been updated to handle the newest blocks and systems.

What is next

During the following weeks you will see more functionality and changes being made. One of the most anticipated is the release of The Architect, a plugin that will enable players to be more creative and make more changes. A development blog will be posted to highlight all the changes.

Bugs / Issues

If you think you've found a bug or want to report something, please do so at the http://www.mcmiddleearth.com/forums/suggestions-and-issues-submission-publicly.51/ thread which is dedicated to finding and fixing issues.

with the update are we gone update the texture packs with the adition of the new blocks? and if yes when would that maybe happen?

any chance of elytra wings working?
Edit: they do!!!
Edit edit: they dont D:

Last edited:
When will the map start fully working again? Is there any chance of continuing normally today?

Will it be possible to join the server in 1.8? As all my mods are 1.8 and I use them on different servers...

with the update are we gone update the texture packs with the adition of the new blocks? and if yes when would that maybe happen?

Packs were updated at the same time as the server updated. Only change was basically a reversioning of the pack's data file. However others and I have problems when loading resource packs as they seem to 'hang' the client for seconds when switching between them. I think it might be caused due to a client bug.

any chance of elytra wings working?
Edit: they do!!!
Edit edit: they dont D:

They shouldn't be working because they should be blocked by WorldGuard. For one, they cause quite the lag when we tested them, most likely related to NoCheatPlus' calculation to check for cheats. And two, I am thinking of tucking it away in the 50$ reward package to convince more people to contribute. Ofcourse the effects would be retro-active when they come into place.

When will the map start fully working again? Is there any chance of continuing normally today?

It should all be working for now, during the rebooting there was an unexpected issue with multiworld, which is now resolved.

Aslo will the PVP server be updated to 1.10.2 so both servers run on the same version?

Thought I was going to be ahead with updating to 1.9. Now q goes and skips 1.9 then goes straight to 1.10 :p

But yeah, I'll have the PVP plugin updated in the next few days.
glhf, also why hasnt no chunk been updated, its legit like 80 lines.

Even with all this stuff being fixed, all the bad stuff I guarantee is going to happen to me and my screwy Mac, there's always something wrong no matter what I do

[!!]Chunk generation is now possible again due to a broken api. Please make sure that you do not venture too close to the border or build anything outside of it because these areas will be cut and removed frequently.
You could always use WorldBorder to restrict "outside travel" while waiting for an api fix.

I tested world borders with q some time ago, It's always square.

You could always use WorldBorder to restrict "outside travel" while waiting for an api fix.

Can you make asymmetric world borders? Our map isnt exactly square...

Also during our testing, Spigot didn't seem to support the worldborder for multiple worlds. Once I set something in the main world, all other worlds were considered 'outside' and will nag players about it.