• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

1.10 Update

Forgive the double-post, but I just proved myself wrong:

wFQ5xSB.jpg

Ignore the bleed on some of the edges as I hadn't run a trim. I did that with /wb <world> shape rectangular and then /wb <world> setcorners x1 z1 x2 z2. The border distance from the edge is configurable for preventing external chunk generation.

you can also just use packets to create fake world boarders. But that is most likely over kill, Im sure there is a way to stop chunk generation very easily we just need to find it.

Forgive the double-post, but I just proved myself wrong:

View attachment 6563

Ignore the bleed on some of the edges as I hadn't run a trim. I did that with /wb <world> shape rectangular and then /wb <world> setcorners x1 z1 x2 z2. The border distance from the edge is configurable for preventing external chunk generation.

Is that default Spigot or a plugin that you are using to set that border? Cause it won't accept those arguments for me?

Is that default Spigot or a plugin that you are using to set that border? Cause it won't accept those arguments for me?

I'm using the plugin WorldBorder. Last update was in Jan but it works still.

So after doing a little more research I found that the API is not broken but updated to ensure files do not become corrupted. You can no longer unload chunks that a player is in as this would cause problems. What you need to instead do is track the chunks that need to be deleted and schedule a task to delete them after the player has left that region. If you want to maintain that front end look of unloaded chunks you can simply stop those chunk packets from being sent using protocol lib. Simply register a handler for those packets and filter out the ones that you don't want.