• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

• Did you know you can upload your screenshots to your own Media section?.You can get ratings and comments on the uploaded material!

32 or 16 pixel textures?

So, can we have 32 bit textures now? I remind You I already made bunch of those. Asking cause this texture is 32x32.
Building blocks should remain 16px, 32px can be used for all flowers / crops, and in building blocks to realise some ornamental structure (i.e. intricate runes or other symbols)

But we need to remain on a 16px base; or else we would have to exchange all the textures at once.

Building blocks should remain 16px, 32px can be used for all flowers / crops, and in building blocks to realise some ornamental structure (i.e. intricate runes or other symbols)

But we need to remain on a 16px base; or else we would have to exchange all the textures at once.
So what about the 32x32 window glasses? I like them but @Despot666 is right: They are obviously not only small ornamental structures.

Please also keep in mind that most adventurers use the automaticly downloaded rp's, so if we're going to have alot of 32x32 textures, the download time might become three times longer

Please also keep in mind that most adventurers use the automaticly downloaded rp's, so if we're going to have alot of 32x32 textures, the download time might become three times longer
It's just an early idea, thus please take it just as that: To make download times a bit better it may be possible to split packs into a base pack which houses all the textures shared across the packs, and then smaller regional packs for the region-individual textures. The base pack then would not need to be switched by the plugin when changing the region.

I am by no means against 32px textures, but it would be on one hand a big challenge to avoid having things look off, if we have 32px textures next to 16px textures (without clear border between them, thus I think 32px windows in 16px walls would work just as well as 32px plants blend into the 16px terrain), and then of course making 32px textures is harder and more work.

And then, I don't think it would change the overall "MCME style" too much; I think, although I would not claim to be an expert on that, that the general vibe of the MCME RP's are much rather given by the color palettes than the resolution.

regarding the 32px windows mentioned in the other thread: It works, as panes, because there you'll always have an indent to the surrounding textures; same with flowers who are not block-shaped. It starts to look ugly when you have two blocks of the same shape and different resolution next to each other. Also I'd consider windows rather a detail / decor element than a base building block.