• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

8bitpotato_'s artist application

8bitpotato_

Expert Stream Digger
Credits
XP

Minecraft Username : colonel_cake523

Date Joined : 22/4/14 I'm pretty sure I've been on the server since before then

Themed Build participated in: I've participated in heaps but I added 3
Cross-roads. Tom bombadils house. And thorins halls. I added a few houses from jobs and such, I've worked on many road jobs and ruins.

Link to screenshots of your Themed Build:

Cross-roads TB

Tom bombadils house TB

Thorin's halls TB

Houses built by me in: Osgiliath, Minas tirith

Small fortress/barracks project

What is your prefered building style?
I don't have a preferred style as such, I will really build anything I'm told to build, although I do enjoy building stone structures, or building vegetation, even though most find that a boring job.
Since before I joined the server I built medieval style homes on my own worlds but I wanted to build them with a purpose, that's why I decided to apply.
Hope you consider my application, thanks.

Last edited:
The way Artists are promoted has slightly changed a few days ago and a Themed Build is no longer needed (submitting old Themed Builds however is of course still a good thing to do!), please read the new guidelines >here<.

There's not too much feedback I can give you from the pictures right away, but theres still some:
  • You seem to have a very good eye for terrain and vegetation already; I really like this aspect in your builds.
  • Especially for the Thorins Halls: Use more different blocks! It is good not to use too many different blocks, thats a practice we use throughout the server in fact, but the gate there is just too uniform and has too few colors to look really appealing.
  • For Shire-style houses (like you did with Bombadils house), do not use the white wool block as wall material, but instead the cracked stonebricks (thats what they are called ingame).

Too bad. Participating in jobs is quite important according to the new promotion guidelines.
Today my jobs will last quite long, so it's prossibly a chance for you. Otherwise I'm probably able to do some jobs during the next week around 7:00 am UTC. Is this a good time for you?

These barracks are amazingly similar to the style we use on MCME, I scrolled through the pictures multiple times now and was not able to find anything to give you tips on how you could improve on, so regarding building skills you're definitely ready! Now I see that it is difficult for people living in some parts of the world, that is a problem that exists since MCME was founded; so try to get hold of something, also ask staff to give you something to do when there's no job; If you don't manage to get something, tell me that and I'll try to organise you something. Important is that you show that you're capable of following instructions you get.
Oh and take part in the TB that will take place next week!

These barracks are amazingly similar to the style we use on MCME, I scrolled through the pictures multiple times now and was not able to find anything to give you tips on how you could improve on, so regarding building skills you're definitely ready! Now I see that it is difficult for people living in some parts of the world, that is a problem that exists since MCME was founded; so try to get hold of something, also ask staff to give you something to do when there's no job; If you don't manage to get something, tell me that and I'll try to organise you something. Important is that you show that you're capable of following instructions you get.
Thanks heaps for the feedback, I'll try my hardest to be available for jobs, early morning jobs won't be too much hassle. I'll be participating in all the themed builds I can! I'll be in contact with you for sure. Thanks.

Hey, so far I've been pretty unsuccessful with getting a job and would be cool if you could set me up with something, thanks.

I'll prepare a small glacier and copy it to plotworld in the next few days. You can then do that one (the wool placing), according to the guide you will find the Misty Mountains Part 2 thread in the forums.

Alright sorry for the wait time. On plotworld you find a glacier ready to be worked on at /warp 8bitglacier. You can find the guide on how to build a glacier in the misty mountains thread (scroll a few posts down or use the links in the topmost post). Try to complete the glacier (the wool ontop, not tunnels or the end), if you struggle ask around if there is someone who has already worked on a glacier to give you some advice.

You should place all the wool ontop.
But don't shape the lower end of the glacier (the glacier gate) and the glacier tunnel.

Hey 8bitpotato_

yes, you can still use this application. Would be nice to update the application post a bit, for example with links to screenshots of your themed-builds. You can even continue your old themed-builds to improved based on the feedback above. Or start a new themed-build to show your progress of skills.
It will now probably be easier for you to get jobs. Dol Amroth project is started and @Eaglz24 who is leading the project is probably in a simlar time zone as you.

Looking forward to your application update.

-Eriol