• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

A very fond farewell

RubenPieterMark

One Of Us, One of Us
Supporter
Credits
XP

Beloved MCME,

I have just had my first online university lectures. I am studying architecture, like a few other MCME members. Architecture is of great interest to me. Partly this interest led me to MCME, and MCME turned this into a great passion. If I could choose any realistic profession to making a living from, I don't think I can come up with anything I would rather do. And I want to be a really good one.

High school was largely a pile of crap for me. I think I had better friends among the members of this server than among my classmates, and I certainly spent more time socializing on here. Ever since I joined this project in February of 2016, I haven't spent more than two hours a day (with two exceptions) on homework, and almost no time other than the days before projects or during exam weeks. It's a miracle that I graduated without retaking any years. I'm not sure if this was a bad thing in the end, I learned a lot of things (in)directly because of MCME which I would never have learned at school. Maybe a bit of bad can actually turn out to be good. But obviously it is not the optimal way to go through school.

As said, I want to be good at my job. After I'm finished with this thread, I will also quit from my real-life job. Hopefully in a few weeks, I will move out of my parental home to a room in Eindhoven. Even though I have not been an active builder for the last year or two, I still spent a good few hours per week reading/writing on Discord, posting on our social media (this task @Arothir_Alamáreo will take over) and other things for the media team together with @Soars. But most importantly, MCME was a weight of projects that I still have to finish and other things that I want to start on in the future. That doesn't take up actual time, but it is a weight nonetheless. I want to focus on two things now: studying and sports.

I really love this server, like a lot. What kept me here is a deep love for Middle-earth, for the Lord of the Rings, for Tolkien, for the people that I've met here, for our Minecraft builds, and at times when that all faded away, just loyalty to this noble, weird idea... to build the huge things that is Middle-earth. I have so many, such good memories here, of beautiful Discord conversations, tours by myself or by guides, excitingly boring jobs, late PVP or build nights past my bedtime, etc. I will think of you a lot. I miss you already.

But the grownup world is probably more than Minecraft. I need to be strong enough to cut off all my duties on this server. I hereby resign as artist and from the media team and the Times team. I will also leave the Discord server very soon.

But I'm not cutting off all connections to you. I sent a shitton of friend requests to a shitton of people, see if you want to accept them or not, if I missed any, it's probably because you weren't in the online list. My Discord tag is: Pieter#9952 My e-mail address is rubenpietermark@gmail.com, which I promise to check at least every 3 months. You can have my phone number if you ask for it. I want to stay in contact with many of you here. If you'll ever hold a real-life Europe meeting and I'm invited, please do contact me. If you're being physically attacked (or cyberbullied as well, I guess, but that's less epic), call me or send me a Discord PM and I'll jump up and come to your rescue as long as you pay the traveling expenses. I'm blood serious, I'll help any of my MCME friends if they're getting bullied. Or if you have other things which I can help you with, I guess.

Is there anything else I want to say? Well, I just really love you all.

Now. I bid you all a very fond farewell.

My first job/plot on the server was with you and i remember it like it was yesterday, it was a big reason why i stayed and didn't forget about MCME.
Thank you for that, and good luck with your studies.
<3

Hey Pieter,

you are giving me a hard time. How to react on this?
:) because I really like all your concept work over the years. We did not always agree but we always had very constructive discussions about new ideas. I'm convinced that improved my own view and helped to improve build quality at MCME.
:heart_eyes: because I love your dedication to MCME and all your contributions, especially your awesome screenshots.
:( as it's very sad to hear you are leaving the team.
:like: as I agree very much to set your priorities carefully and focus on a new chapter in your life.
:mad: maybe I should put a bit pressure on you to come back soon (but people will probably not understand that I would be joking)

So I'd better wish you a great journey into the secrets of architecture and look forward to your return to MCME now and then:

Roads go ever ever on
Under cloud and under star,
Yet feet that wandering have gone
Turn at last to home afar.

-Eriol

Dang it, man, I sure as heck regret not getting to know you better while I had the chance, now.
What I did see of you was enough for me to know that you're a real good man, though. Hate for MCME to lose you. You were an excellent, unbiased judge for the media winners of the Times Editions. (Well, except for when Jar bribed you, but I'll let that pass...)
Godspeed, sir, and good luck with all your future endeavors.

CDE5EB57-C88C-45D7-B78A-B473C8A9DD91.jpeg

Good luck Ruben! I also want to be architect. You need much math for it?
It is the least technical of the studies at the technical universities, but here we need to have graduated with the more difficult type of math at highschool in order to sign up for the study. But I think Mershy's study did not require much math. So, no not too much.

Cuz I want to be like a designer of houses not plan how long and wide things

Although I’m just a lowly droog, I still heard your name whispered through the server as the legendary Tree and Boat builder, master of the Media Team, and just general cool guy. It's very sad to see you leave, and the memory of the moussaka still remains. You were a great character and an amazing person.

I wish you all the best.

~Mortal