• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Accepted Advanture > Artist

Status
Not open for further replies.

tfaddy1

Is going on an adventure!
Credits
XP
Adventure > Artist
Joined Date :
03/18/2016.
Jobs : Tirith Aear - Theme Build.
screenshots
xvbzrni
---
osgo7gp
---
bzhb5es
Interests : High Elven building style.
Motivation : I like Middle Earth.

Last edited:
Thank you for your application! I would like to give you some tips on what you can do to increase your chances to get accepted.

I'm not at home at the moment, I will give some feedback on your themed build on Wednesday when I am back. But first imression is: Very cool!

Aside from themed builds you can improve your chances to get Artist by helping with >>jobs and plotbuilds<<. When you finished a task for a Designer, remember to ask the Designer to give points to your application as described >>here<<.

Hey Tfaddy1,
I had a closer look at your Tirith Aear in game. From afar its just great. Shape of the tower, the terrain, and the beast. Awesome.

As we are building at a map everyone can explore and walk /fly through our builds small details are very important too. Looking at your tower from near it could be improved with a lot of small details. Use some more materials, add some decorative blocks, random cracked/mossy blocks, fancy arches made of stairs and half slabs.
Same for the inside of the tower. Such a great tower deserves a detailed interior with a real stair, rooms with furniture. Have a look at the Citadel of Minas Tirith or the tower of Orthanc for example.

I'm not sure if you are using the correct texture pack (Gondor). Some blocks you used are looking weird to me. For me your inside looks like this:
full
The redstone lamps and the stained glass panes are looking quite out of place to me. The dark oak block texture is a default one and should not be used. The jungle wood slabs/stairs texture and the dark oak slabs/stairs texture are usually used for roof tiles only.

You are obviously an experienced builder. So probably this will be an easy task for you to improve these things. I'm not sure if you can still edit your Tirith Aear. Otherwise you could participate in an other themed build and show us some nice interior.

Btw, the application points are not public, there is no amount of points you need to get Artist. So far there are no points for your from jobs. But your tower gets a high rating.

Looking forward to you helping on MCME ;)

Your out-of-the box thinking is very intrigueing, also your interpretation of the Almaren theme. Along with your obviously quite fine building skills you'll make a great Artist! Please read through this short guide, it contains some important information on the Artist rank. Artist Manual

Status
Not open for further replies.