• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Announcement on the Recent Events on MCME

Status
Not open for further replies.
To just expand on my run-in with the law as it is being used as an example: I was banned on the premisses “of copying a build onto a realm, making it public and inviting a bunch of people on to show it”

Backstory:
I was approached by Smaug and he asked me what I was up to because I acted very suspicious just flying around. I told him I was taking screens to use as inspiration for a personal project. He didn’t pursue further. A few days later I returned and he once again contacted me in chat questioning me about my behaviour and that several members had contacted him on how I was acting on the server. All I did was fly around. I then explained again what I was doing. He was requesting screens of the build I was doing, but I thought I would make it easier and invited him onto my realm to show what I was doing, because I didn’t think I was breaking the rules. He then saw it and said he would talk to the other enforcers about it.

The build in question is Goldarce, of which I took the style and used it as a template to practice a cool building style. I would say I used probably 60 % percent of the facade of a building that can fit into a single chunk. The terrain and landscape around was all handmade by me, I changed a lot of the structure to fit the look I was going for, and I didn’t use a mcme rp, just the mc default.

A day or so later he contacted me and said I would be let of with a warning, which he said didn’t really have any particular meaning, but rather to just let me know that what I was doing was not completely OK. Which was fine. I got a little embarrassed, but no harm really. I then started a massive tb so I could show I still got it and get artist back again. Two days later I get contacted again, saying to get on discord to talk. There I was notified that I would indeed be banned after all, even though I originally had gotten just a warning.

This got me a little upset because I felt it was unprofessional to give me an ‘unfinished’ verdict, just to go back on it later after I spent 20 hours working on a tb I will never get to finish.

So I wouldn’t say my ban was totally out of reason as I did use a mcme build to build from on my own server that I play survival on with one other friend of mine, but I do think the matter was handled unprofessionally, and as I understood it; the core premiss that lead to the ban being “inviting a bunch of people on to show it”, which is simply not correct. And if this is what tipped the scale to ban me, I think it is unjust as it is not the truth and I wasn't listened to properly when I tried to explain.

However, if that was not what lead to the ban, and the one friend I share a private server with was enough to deem the situation as stealing mcme property, using it publicly, and a banable offence, then thats honestly fine. I think it is a very rigid and strict punishment for a build of that scale(although I am very biased on this matter), but if thats the case, I will take the ban. I will apply for an appeal when I am allowed to and hopefully get back into the grind.

Sorry, that got kinda long. Oh well. It's not like I have an exam in two days.. Oh wait..

Eaglz responded brilliantly to Mad's points so no need for me to reiterate any of them. However, I will say that @MaDIIReD is an enforcer that we all have respect for in our #buildersunited group. He handles situations with tact and good judgment as far as we're aware.

@RubenPieterMark, you seem to take everything that the leadership does as the Divine Word and anyone who disagrees with them as the enemy. You told us to "just leave" in an earlier thread when we trying to give the community some information on what had happened. Now you're saying people like @Glov and @Commandotrigger are worthless to the server, and that @kisos, @Eaglz24, and I are rightfully banned for making jokes outside of MCME. Why don't you come into my house and record what I say while you're at it? As for the other banned members, others have elaborated here already why they were banned unjustly. Atlan and Wheelee were banned for having a conversation which should have resulted in a warning from an enforcer, not a straight ban. They didn't do anything to deserve that.

Friendships were lost because people turned around and said "nothing of value is lost there" when discussing our bans, despite the fact that we considered these people server buddies. And in your case, it's because you tell us to "just leave" without even wanting to listen to our version of the facts, when I especially considered you a good dude.

@TI_020601, I think you missed the point of what we were trying to say, @Eaglz24 makes this clear in his post so I won't go over it. As for this whole "we're not joining this Other Server" drivel, you obviously didn't read the end of my post. This has nothing to do with some other server, and the way you talk about another Minecraft server like it's the Nameless Enemy is absolutely laughable.

I think I've made my point.

@yomama629 I know what you were trying to say, that your bans were unjust, they were fair. This whole 'drama' just shows that you aren't willing to take the responsibility you need to in this matter, I'm not saying the enforcement handled this perfectly but you need to take responsibility for your actions.

@yomama629 I know what you were trying to say, that your bans were unjust, they were fair. This whole 'drama' just shows that you aren't willing to take the responsibility you need to in this matter, I'm not saying the enforcement handled this perfectly but you need to take responsibility for your actions.
the thing he is saying that eaglz , kisk and yomama, where banned due to probable cause where there was no evidence and they were banned because they where in the group chat talking at that time, if was talking during that time I would probably also been banned for probable cause

I was banned for laughing at the jokes made in that Discord. That's all I did. I didn't make any photoshops of that dude, I just laughed along with the others and made a joke about downloading the map (which I wouldn't even know how to do and I can't build so why would I want the map). I don't know who took the pictures and photoshopped them since I wasn't in the Discord from the start. The three of us got banned when there was no proof that any of us made these pictures, which doesn't even matter since this all happened outside of MCME. As a guide, you should support the players, not the power-thirsty enforcer who abused his rank.

@yomama629 would 'players' not also include this power-thirsty rank abusing enforcer of which you speak?

Yeah, but I think the original post clearly shows this player's childish attitude and how he thinks he's above the law. Have you seen what he said in PM's to other players? Since our private Discord chat isn't off-limits from the enforcement team, I don't think his PM's are either. And that's without mentioning the lies about how he was going to seek legal action against us for "damaging his career".

And maybe, as a guide, and one that I at one point looked up to, you could try to empathize with a former guide, and trust his word over someone you barely know.

And maybe, as a guide, and one that I at one point looked up to, you could try to empathize with a former guide, and trust his word over someone you barely know.
I know him better than I know you. You asked for people to put rank aside when making judgements like this, didn't you?

I know him better than I know you. You asked for people to put rank aside when making judgements like this, didn't you?
Alright, so you're friends with the main reason why this community is being torn apart. I don't think we need to bother with you anymore, pretty much everyone else agrees that @Delmana has to go.

@yomama629 I never said I was his friend I just pointed out I have interacted with more than I have with you and I never said he should stay, no need to over react.

Please guys, we've had enough drama for a longer while. In short, yes the reasons for the triple ban were very far-fetched, and mistakes with bad consequences have been made. The ban decision was not a single-person decision, so please refrain from accusing a single player. The specific actions of the involved Enforcers will be reviewed as well.
So please, feel free to contribute meaningful comments, so stop with this argument, its going nowhere.

Doesn't really look like you're making things better.
I dont understand you TI, all of your post thus far can be pretty much explained in one Sentence. "Just get used to whatever the Admin says". I dont know if this kind of thinking is helpfull, its ratter destructive. Yomama is just showing his own Point of view and argueing in favor it it, which is in no way a bad think, and does infact make things better.

@yomama629 you making things 'better' is what caused the drama, you may not agree with how this was handled but why make it everyone's problem when you just need to sort it out with the enforcement team. The last remake is just not true you can have a problem explain your side and not cause this much fuss.

@yomama629 you making things 'better' is what caused the drama, you may not agree with how this was handled but why make it everyone's problem when you just need to sort it out with the enforcement team. The last remake is just not true you can have a problem explain your side and not cause this much fuss.

I caused the drama? I? Caused? The drama? In the famous words of @SmaugJuice, "excuse me?"
We are making this public because it's an announcement to the community. We are blowing the whistle on one enforcer in particular as well as several other grievances which the community needs to know about. If you don't like it, fine, but instead of these asinine posts of yours which contribute nothing to the discussion, I suggest you let the community decide for itself what it thinks about the issues we've brought up. We're not appealing our bans, we're bringing a conversation to the entire community.

Status
Not open for further replies.