• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Finished Annuminas pt2

I don't know about that.....even though El Castillo is covered in grass and the top is a little bit bent, it is fairly intact and close to the original shape, just very overgrown. And I'm sure that the inside would be almost fine too.

However, it is a massive pyramid (one of the strongest shapes/structures) so I suppose that a normal stone house could have collapsed completely.

El Castillo is a pyramid of almost completely solid stone. There is a vast difference between that and a one foot thick wall.

It would probably still be more recognizable than an Osgiliath war-bombed house though.

A stone house that had been abandoned for two thousand years would literally not be visible, as I think I demonstrated with my point about the forts along Hadrian's Wall.

One thing you forget is that the people reused the stones of the Hadrian Walls and forts in order to build ohter buildings. Such a thing wouldn't be a problem in Arnor due to the lack of population.

Plus, here is a picture of Karnak in 1914, which have been abandonned for roughly the same time than Annúminas. Of course, the climate is less wet, but the site also have been used as a quarry !
Temple_Complex_at_Karnak.jpg

Last edited:
One thing you forget is that the people reused the stones of the Hadrian Walls and forts in order to build ohter buildings. Such a thing wouldn't be a problem in Arnor due to the lack of population.

Even if this didn't happen, the buildings would have fallen apart (the wall itself would have lasted somewhat longer but in a very reduced form). There's no place on Earth where you can find a stone house that's been abandoned for 2000 years and is even remotely recognisable without excavation.

Again, you're using pictures of sites which were excavated. Karnak started to be excavated in 1858 and (as you rightly say) is in a much more arid climate, which makes a huge difference.

People are forgetting how far north Annuminas is. All that ice would really ruin the buildings....

If the Shire had the climate of Warwickshire/Oxfordshire, Annúminas would have the climate of the Yorkshire Moors. It's really not that far north at all.

After all those reflexions, I think the normal houses should be heavily ruined, though with much more rubble than the hadrian fort, and the great buildings, such as the walls, the palace, etc. should be less damaged :) .

After all those reflexions, I think the normal houses should be heavily ruined, though with much more rubble than the hadrian fort, and the great buildings, such as the walls, the palace, etc. should be less damaged :) .
I dunno about the palace....the vaulted ceilings and dome are pretty massive. 2000 years of the walls straining to hold everything up, with no maintenance at all.....

To put it simply, what goes up must come down. :)

Just saying on our map the furthest north part of Annuminas is even with the furthest south part of Fornost so they should be about the same amount ruined from that perspective

I'm happy with the ruining concept Fire posted above. It looks damaged and old as heck, while still keeping the feeling of a City of Kings.

Yeah, I think it's for the best to compromise a bit of physical reality for the sake of preserving our artists' hard work. It's the same justification for keeping Ost-in-Edhil so intact, when after a few thousand years it'd maybe be a big mound of dirt with a few stone blocks poking through.

Speaking of ruining and stuff, I know that @Fireinferno13 is starting work on that before the whole layout is finished, but is there going to be any composite backup of the whole thing pre-ruin? I keep thinking of this old idea that I still hope will happen when Q/someone has a bit of free time to do it, and it would kind of suck to have Annuminas not represented there.

Yeah, I think it's for the best to compromise a bit of physical reality for the sake of preserving our artists' hard work. It's the same justification for keeping Ost-in-Edhil so intact, when after a few thousand years it'd maybe be a big mound of dirt with a few stone blocks poking through.

Speaking of ruining and stuff, I know that @Fireinferno13 is starting work on that before the whole layout is finished, but is there going to be any composite backup of the whole thing pre-ruin? I keep thinking of this old idea that I still hope will happen when Q/someone has a bit of free time to do it, and it would kind of suck to have Annuminas not represented there.
I wasnt planning on keeping a "pre ruin" layout for the reason that the flooded district is already ruined as well as some of the builds next to it - I dont think it would make sense to save a sorta ruined city

I wasnt planning on keeping a "pre ruin" layout for the reason that the flooded district is already ruined as well as some of the builds next to it - I dont think it would make sense to save a sorta ruined city
Will there be any signs of ranger encampment in or around the city? There's one in the Shire only a few hundred blocks south of it I think.

Will there be any signs of ranger encampment in or around the city? There's one in the Shire only a few hundred blocks south of it I think.
->
However there were a few Rangers of the North that did still settle in the city, so maybe you can aswell either make very few houses simply fixed (e.g. easy wooden roof attached to old stone fundaments) or a few tents in the city.
I'd mostly go for the farming houses here - they're easier to maintain (because smaller) and close to the fields anyway. Maybe even give them as much life as the small villages around the countryside...
;)

Annuminas Run Off Build is done! Thanks to everyone who finished up those last few houses!

I will try to set up a Ruining Freebuild in the next few days when I have time so people can ruin stuff on their own time rather than only hosting jobs.

In the mean time...

BUILD SOME RICH HOUSES FOR JACENPETER!!!
/warp annuminas fb

or if you are an artist...

RUIN A BUILDING WITH WHITE WOOL ABOVE IT!
/warp Annuminas

Last edited:
I set up blocks of houses on Plotworld for adventurers+ to ruin as I dont have time right now to simply open jobs

If you are interested in doing some ruining, you need to ask permission and then can build at "/warp Annublock"