• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

In Progress Anorien Project thread

Patrick_0901

Slab Fanatic
Commoner
Credits
XP
:|: Anorien Main Project :|:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Project Leader: @Oberanio
Co-Leader: @Patrick_0901
Project Staff: @Lindolas , @barteldvn
Announcements Thread

Overall Progress and State

Approximate Overall Progress Percentage: 15%
Current Progress State: Building

Project Discussion Thread
The thread to discuss in general the project, comment on any updates or any other non-announcement topic.

Anorien Planning Post

Anorien was a region and fiefdom of Gondor.
Background lore
Anórien lay north of the line of the White Mountains, and formed a narrow strip of land consisting of the valleys of the White Mountains, and its borders were the Mering Stream in the west, and the Mouths of the Entwash in the north. Its eastern border was the border of Gondor at the Anduin.

Spoiler: LINKS

Introduction
Anorien as a project will be a sub project, which means it has no priority on our server, but will be worked on by some members interested in getting it done.
As you all might well know Anorien is a revamp project. There already was an Anorien before this time and we as staff chose to revamp the area.
I hope in this thread the community will be shown what our plans are for this. And what the eventual design will look like.
The idea on how we will be doing this is simple we will devide up the land in 5 sections, these 5 section will be claimed by several project staff on the project and they will
finish this area, by planning i

Sector 1:
# Dol Caranthan, Leader: Patrick_0901
SPOILER: ”STAGE 1 KEY POINTS”

Sector 2:
# Middleland Anorien, Leader: Oberanio
SPOILER: ”STAGE 2 KEY POINTS”

Sector 3:
# Near Gondor Leader: TBD
SPOILER: ”STAGE 3 KEY POINTS”

Sector 4:
# Middleland Anorien Leader: TBD
SPOILER: ”STAGE 4 KEY POINTS”

Sector 5:
#Near Rohan, Leader: Lindolas
SPOILER: ”STAGE 5 KEY POINTS”

Other:
The Art and Inspiration will be done within each sub-project and each section will have a staff project thread and a public thread. Each subproject will have a leader, co-leader and multiple involved staff. There will be a lot of droog jobs, plotbuilds and Build Days we can run within this project.

Every well-known location should have a public plan done before its starting!
More in Depth Information:

Soon to come

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019

Like Quote Reply

Based on the lore document for anorien the houses are supposed to be in the gondor style with influences of rohan. Based on this we made a stone mix (that would easily be gathered from quarries in the white mountains) and wooden 2nd floors/house additions) for that rohan influence as no other rohan element would really fit.

Also i am planning for a build day in Sector 1: Dol Caranthan, details for this will follow soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Halifirien revamp

The current terrain of Firien Wood and especially the beacon hill of Halifirien is very different from the Tolkien's descriptions.
Unfinished Tales - Cirion and Eorl said:
The Halifirien was the highest of the beacons, and like Eilenach, the next in height, appeared to stand
up alone out of a great wood; for behind it there was a deep cleft, the dark Firien-dale, in the long
northward spur of Ered Nimrais, of which it was the highest point. Out of the cleft it rose like a sheer
wall, but its outer slopes, especially northwards, were long and nowhere steep, and trees grew upon them
almost to its summit. As they descended the trees became ever more dense, especially along the Mering
Stream (which rose in the cleft) and northwards out into the plain through which the Stream flowed into
the Entwash. The great West Road passed through a long cutting in the wood, to avoid the wet land
beyond its northern eaves; but this road had been made in ancient days, 32 and after the departure of
Isildur no tree was ever felled in the Firien Wood, except only by the Beacon-wardens whose task it was
to keep open the great road and the path towards the summit of the hill. This path turned from the Road
near to its entrance into the Wood, and wound its way up to the end of the trees, beyond which there was
an ancient stairway of stone leading to the Beacon-site, a wide circle levelled by those who had made the
stair. The Beacon-wardens were the only inhabitants of the Wood, save wild beasts; they housed in lodges
in the trees near the summit
Then Cirion led Eorl into the trees and the others followed in order; and after they had passed the first of
the inner stones their voices were stilled and they walked warily as if unwilling to make any sound. So
they came at last to the upper slopes of the Hill and passed through a belt of white birches and saw the
stone stair going up to the summit. After the shadow of the Wood the sun seemed hot and bright, for it was
the month of Úrimë; yet the crown of the Hill was green, as if the year were still in Lótessë.
At the foot of the stair there was a small shelf or cove made in the hillside with low turf-banks. There the
company sat for a while, until Cirion rose and from his esquire took the white wand of office and the
white mantle of the Stewards of Gondor. Then standing on the first step of the stair he broke the silence,
saying in a low but clear voice:
"I will now declare what I have resolved, with the authority of the Stewards of the Kings, to offer to Eorl
son of Léod, Lord of the Éothéod, in recognition of the valour of his people and of the help beyond hope
that he brought to Gondor in time of dire need. To Eorl I will give in free gift all the great land of
Calenardhon from Anduin to Isen.

Terrain Plan:
I'm going to move the Mering Stream to the North-west and the beacon hill to the North. I will create the Firien-dale between the beacon hill and the White Mountains and make the northern hillsides "long and nowhere steep".

Detail Plan:
I will also create the small shelf and the stairs up to the green hilltop where Cirion suggests to Eorl to live in Rohan.

Last edited:
Is anyone leading Sector 4 yet? I would love to at least help with, if not lead, that sector.

Hi Julius, nice to see you back :) Section 4 is mine, but I wasn't on much in the past couple of weeks due to a burn out but i'm most likely coming back this week. You're more then welcome to help out :)

Just a few thnings about Dol Caranthan. I think the road inside the city could use a better block mix because current one is a bit too messy looking. The blocks just don't blend together nicely. Another thing are the entities. There are over 700 entities already there slowely getting laggier and laggier. I do like the details you can do with armorstands but in a city with lots of houses this will just add up more and more and we should really limit the number of it.

Just a few thnings about Dol Caranthan. I think the road inside the city could use a better block mix because current one is a bit too messy looking. The blocks just don't blend together nicely. Another thing are the entities. There are over 700 entities already there slowely getting laggier and laggier. I do like the details you can do with armorstands but in a city with lots of houses this will just add up more and more and we should really limit the number of it.
Perhaps we can leave it be for now since a lot of itemblocks will be moved to real blocks when we change to 1.13 if I understood Eriol right.

Perhaps we can leave it be for now since a lot of itemblocks will be moved to real blocks when we change to 1.13 if I understood Eriol right.

From what I've seen it's not just custom blocks but also various items used with armorstand editor.

Last edited:
Oberanio asked me to help East Anorien terrain. So here is my plan. The current layout is very different from the Books.
Worst issue is that the Rammas Echor ends at the beacon Hill of Amon Dîn whereas in the book there is the Stonewain Valley in between.
To mend this I want to move the beacon hills of Eilenach and Amon Dîn to the north and continue the Rammas Echor west to the White Mountains. Especially Amon Dîn is way too large and high. Halifirien beacon is mentioned to be the highest beacon hill in the books. The host of the Rohirrim cross the line of hills in the Druadan Valley close to the Beacon of Eilenach and then followed the competely overgrown Stonewain Valley Road. The Grey Forest masked the gap of the Stonewain Valley at the east. All is described in detail in RotK - The Ride of the Rohirrim:View attachment 13336

Attachments

• 1557531244261.png
    1557531244261.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 360
Last edited: