• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Accepted Applacation for Artist [NEEPcrafter]

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEEPcrafter

Is going on an adventure!
Credits
XP
First join Date:
~Summer 2015
My Builds:

I am also expirienced in terraforming

and I know a lot about 3D modeling

Interest:
I dont really know what my favourite style is but i think i like dwarven best.

Motivation:
I was building on a RPG-Map with some friends and we developed a lot of plugins and a giant story around, but then they joined a buildteam i do not really like and the projekt stoped. Then I was looking around for a buildteam, which was building in the style i like and then i found this server. I really love LOTR, read all "main" books and informated me about the story around the Ring-War. Also i always wanted to make a MC-LOTR projekt so this the perfect server.
In my opinion there are also some mistakes in the recourcepacks. I am really experienced with that, so i could fix them.

Thank you for your application! I would like to give you some tips on what you can do to increase your chances to get accepted.

Your builds are looking very good. Many details, interesting strucure, various materials... Only the cobblestone at the roof border looks a bit unrealistic to me. I would really like to see what you can do with MCME texture packs. So I would suggest that you participate in a few >>themed builds<< to show off your skills with them.

When you have new builds add more screenshots to your application above. Make a few of every build to show more details. Please also reply to this thread with something like 'update'. This will make us notice your new screenshots.

Aside from themed builds you can improve your chances to get Artist by helping with >>jobs and plotbuilds<<. When you finished a task for a Designer, remember to ask the Designer to give points to your application as described >>here<<.

Texturing is not related to Artist rank, everyone is welcome to help. You can discuss about texture packs and submit suggestions here: >>Textures<<. Your 3D modelling skills could be helpful there too ;)

It is unusual that someone gets promoted this quickly, but your builds - I have just explored your floating log ingame - are outstanding in quality. People with good texturing skills are rare on MCME and thus more than welcome! If you have any suggestions on our packs, please voice them in the Textures forum eriol linked above. Other than that you may want to exchange yourself with @Despot666 who made the Dwarven Resource Pack, also with some 3D models, aswell as with @bender400 who currently is leading the creation of a Mordor pack.

Other than that: Congratulations on Artist!

Status
Not open for further replies.