• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Application Artist november-3-2015 Roel2005

Roel2005

Aspiring Member
Commoner
Credits
XP
9 July 2015
I participated in a few jobs for paths, walls and flowers

I mostely like to build Gondorian and Mordor Styling. Outside of Lotr i like building modern houses
I am Applying for Artist mostely because i like building, and i want to help out on the community of this server. This is the best Lord of The Rings build server i have ever seen, and would love to help build. I would mostely like to help on the Mordor Project, both because i like to build in that style, and because Mordor basiclly has nothing in it. For the rest i would like to help on Gondor and Rohan Projects.

Thank you for your application! I would like to give you some tips on what you can do to increase your chances to get accepted.

I looked at the screenshots of your black gate. You already use the double wall principle with pillars in front of the actual walls (you use it only for the walls not for the towers which look out of style to me). You also tried to make nice details at the pillars and the crown but this is the main topic to be improved. All wall pillars are equal, this is very repetitive and looks quite boring. Try to make some different pilars with a lot of more detail variations. For inspiration have a look at the city walls in Gondor (Dol Amroth e.g.).
You use different Materials for your walls, which is good, but I don't really like your choise of using cobble stone for the pillars. It seems unrealistic to me to use a quite unstable material like cobblestone for pillars of a great wall (and even a giant moving gate).
Luckily you have a lot of time left to improve your black gate as its a project build ;)

Aside of the themed builds you can improve your chances to get Artist by helping with >>jobs and plotbuilds<<. When you finished such a task for a Designer, remember to ask the Designer to give points to your application as described >>here<<.