• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Accepted Artist Application: Driffen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Driffen

Is going on an adventure!
Credits
XP
  • Date: Feb, 2, 2018
  • Jobs and Plotbuilds: As of right now i have completed two jobs both within a DA palace I built the interior to the main kitchen as well as the wine cellar bellow it. In the future I plan to continue aiding in both private & public jobs.
  • Themed-builds: So far ive completed one themed build and am working on others. The build features the tower of Orthanc, the pits of Isengard, a warg pit as well as a series of aqueducts running through the build.
  • Additional Builds: Ive been building for a few years now and in that time ive created quite a few builds outside of MCME. A few have been built for other servers while others have been built on singleplayer worlds. (by other servers I mean those belonging to close friends and one that I own and use with a group of friends).
  • Your interests: I love medieval and fantasy styles in building. Whenever building I usually build singular homes and some towns and villages. I enjoy building in minecraft its probably my perfected pastime and when not at school or working on school projects I send anywhere from 3-5 hours working in minecraft. I enjoy working in teams and am able to divide my attention and work on multiple projects at on time infact I enjoy working on several projects. Outside of minecraft I enjoy the outdoors , my schooling and other video games.
  • Your motivation: My motivations to becoming an artist here is how I wish to be apart of a team again to be able to work alongside other skilled builders. I enjoy all suggestions given to me and I seek out criticisms as I believe they improve the outcome of whatever project I'm working on. I have for a long time enjoyed the lord of the rings films especially the structures and cities found in the films. This encouraged me to combine my two passions. After about a month of exploring and building I've realized how much ive enjoyed my time here and id like to be apart of this amazing project.
Thank you for reading my application I hope ill have the chance to help out around the server and to be apart of this project.
2018-02-24_12.31.05.png

2018-02-24_12.30.46.png

2018-02-24_12.31.15.png

2018-02-24_12.31.19.png

Job pics:
2018-02-24_17.38.07.png

2018-02-24_17.37.17.png
2018-02-24_17.37.36.png

Other builds:
2017-05-29_21.06.19.png

2017-05-31_18.41.57.png
2017-08-25_22.28.56.png
2017-08-25_22.29.31.png

Litterally the only tip I can give you is that I personally think that you've used a bit too many boxes of the same type in that cellar. I'd replace a few of them with the barrel like block and perhaps also the boarded box block as it looks a bit samey with only one type of box. But other than that it all looks great. I especially love the smaller details you have put in in the form of cheads and itemblocks. And the fact that you built an absolutely gorgeous Orthanc along with the pits is awesome.

Last edited:
Litterally the only tip I can give you is that I personally think that you've used a bit too many boxes of the same type in that cellar. I'd replace a few of them with the barrel like block and perhaps also the boarded box block as it looks a bit samey with only one type of box. But other than that it all looks great. I especially love the smaller details you have put in in the form of cheads and itemblocks. And the fact that you built an absolutely gorgeous Orthanc along with the pits is awesome.
I suppose it's a wine cellar so it'd make sense to have the 'drinks' boxes only.

However I think you could have made the cellar a bit more interesting if it is that big, by adding in some walls and different rooms with different purposes. Your structures in the vanilla texture pack look great, Orthanc looks pretty sweet aswel, though I'd love to see some more structures from you using the Mcme texture packs just to know what styles you're experienced with and which not, maybe try some Dol Amroth house.

Hey @Driffen
Thanks alot for your awesome application!
Gotta say ur builds look very good!
I'd suggest maybe doing another theme build since it can't hurt and it gives you a higher reputation
One tip I will give you is to ask yourself the following questions when building "does this make sense? Is this realistic? Does this meet the standards? Is this really me?" And many more of the sort since it only helps you
Your motivation makes me believe that your a great team player
Your interests are very good (very similar to me...)
I hope to see you in the near future part of the team good luck and be paitent for a response!

~ didi45

Your artist application is now under Watchlist, congratulation and you will be contacted privately by one of the Artist Committee on what you must do for your final challenge. Congrats Driffen. I know this is less formal but that is because we talk a lot already and you know what you need to do to improve and etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.